Dyschromia Therapeutics: Introduction
Dyschromia refers to a condition marked by any irregular discoloration on the skin, hair or nails, which can present as single or multiple light or dark patches on the skin. A large part of the dyschromia treatment market is saturated and highly generalized. There is an unmet need for more efficacious and safer treatment options, as the available treatments are associated with poor efficacy, low patient compliance, and problematic safety profiles. For instance, Sirona Biochem Corp.’s TFC-1067 demonstrates superior efficacy to hydroquinone, the gold standard, for the treatment of dyschromia. At present, hydroquinone is the gold standard treatment for skin lightening, despite known toxicity, which is an ongoing concern for the FDA and the dermatology community.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Dyschromia Therapeutics Market
- Increase in awareness about skin issues is boosting the demand for dyschromia treatment. Patients are now more pro-active about their health and are willing to seek physician's advice at an early stage. Increase in awareness about the importance of personal appearance and personality development is another major factor driving the global dyschromia treatment market. In a study conducted by Center for Dermatology Research, around 80% of the participants in the U.S. were diagnosed with one or more pigmentation disorders. About 47.3% of the patients admitted to feeling self-conscious about their skin to some degree, 21.8% felt others focused on their skin, 32.7% felt unattractive because of their skin, 32.7% tried to hide their pigmentation, and 23.6% felt their skin affected their activities.
- Adoption of laser-based devices has been rising due to the wide utility of laser devices. Applications include skin photo damage, hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation, removal of unwanted hair, acnes, wrinkles, tattoo removal, facial vein removal, and body contouring. Cost-effectiveness and versatility of laser devices are also major factors driving the adoption and usage of laser procedures in the dyschromia treatment market.
- Dyschromia adversely impacts a person's quality of life. Increase in disposable income of the people has led to an improvement in the standard of living in developed and emerging economies of the world. Additionally, rise in pigmentation disorders across age-groups and increase in expenditure on personal care are driving the demand for dyschromia treatment.
North America to Lead Global Dyschromia Therapeutics Market
- In terms of region, the global dyschromia therapeutics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe are likely to account for major share of the global dyschromia therapeutics market during the forecast period, owing to developed health care infrastructure, large patient population, and increase in technological developments in these regions.
Key Players Operating in Global Dyschromia Therapeutics Market
- The global dyschromia therapeutics market is fragmented, with the presence of less number of small-scale companies in drug development. The global dyschromia treatment market is built on the principle of new product innovation. Major market players invest significantly in research and development to improve the effectiveness of products, such as skin whitening cosmetics, chemical peels in combination with topicals, and multi-utility pigmentation skin care products.
- The treatment landscape for dyschromia has been traditionally dominated by generalized topical therapies such as hydroquinone
- Research in dyschromia has led to the development of topical drugs and phototherapy, with the ability to target specific mediators involved in dyschromia. Unmet needs in dyschromia therapeutics are creating significant opportunities for investors. Investment in R&D of cost-effective solutions is a focus area of major companies. This is expected to boost the global dyschromia therapeutics market in the next few years.
Leading companies operating in the global dyschromia therapeutics market are:
- Bayer AG
- ALLERGAN (AbbVie Inc.)
- Galderma S.A. (Nestle Skin Health S.A)
- Pierre Fabre
- EpiPharm AG
- RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Obagi Cosmeceuticals LLC (Obagi medical)
- Vivier Pharma
- Sirona Biochem's
- Menarini Group
Global Dyschromia Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Global Dyschromia Therapeutics Market, by Therapy
- Topical Creams
- Topical Steroids
- Depigmenting Agents
- Laser Therapy
- Vitamin C Iontophoresis
Global Dyschromia Therapeutics Market, by End-user
- Esthetic Clinics & Dermatology Centers
Global Dyschromia Therapeutics Market, by Route of Administration
Global Dyschromia Therapeutics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.