Dual Power Transfer Switches: Introduction
- The transfer switch is a permanent type of switch that is always connected to the power box to change the power load between two sources
- The dual power transfer switch has two power supplies such as common power supply and standby power supply. As soon as the common power supply switches off, the backup power supply is used.
- In case of permanent backup sources, the switching between power supplies occurs automatically when the first source of power becomes unavailable, which keeps the energy flowing without any delay
- The dual power transfer switch offers safety and security when used with generator. If it’s a manual switch, then switching is done through a lever or similar device.
Rise in Demand for Dual Power Transfer Switches in Industrial Sector
- Dual power transfer switches are mostly utilized with a generator for residential and commercial power usage. When the generator turns on, the transfer switch changes the load from the grid power to the generator.
- Demand for dual power transfer switch is considerably high in the data center, owing to the significant demand for uninterrupted power supply that needs to be properly maintained and tested
- Dual power transfer switches are also utilized to monitor the power utility for voltage drop, failures, or any spikes
- The dual power transfer switch is needed in applications where maintenance, inspection, and testing is carried out to supply continuous power to the load without any interruption. Demand for dual power transfer switches is high in application cases of critical life support systems, such as air traffic control, telecommunications, etc.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Dual Power Transfer Switches Market
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the dual power transfer switch market due to rising urbanization and industrialization in emerging countries such as China and India etc.
- The industrial sector across the globe is witnessing significantly high rate of adoption of dual power transfer switches, as end-users such as power rental companies, utilities, telecom & IT datacenters, construction & manufacturing, automotive, oil & gas industries, etc., depend on continuous power supply, which in turn boosts the dual power transfer switches market
- Demand for electricity is rising rapidly in developing countries such as China, India, and Brazil owing to the requirement of uninterrupted and reliable power, which further fuels the dual power transfer switches market
Key Players Operating in the Global Dual Power Transfer Switches Market
- ABB Ltd.
- General Electric Company
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Cummins Corporation
- Schneider Electric SE
Global Dual Power Transfer Switches Market: Research Scope
Global Dual Power Transfer Switches Market, by Type
- Contactor Based
- Circuit Based
- Static Transfer switch
Global Dual Power Transfer Switches Market, by Application
- Power Utilities
- Telecom & IT
Global Dual Power Transfer Switches Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!