Drug of Abuse Testing Services: Introduction
- Drug of abuse testing is the detection of one or more illegal and/or prescribed substances in the urine, blood, saliva, hair, or sweat. Testing detects substances not normally found in the body, with the exception of some hormones and steroids measured as part of sports testing.
- Drug of abuse testing services include detection of substances such as alcohol, amphetamine, cannabis, marijuana, cocaine, methadone, opiates, and barbiturates
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Drug of Abuse Testing Services
Key Drivers of Global Drug of Abuse Testing Services Market
- Increasing abuse of prescription drugs is a major factor driving the global drug of abuse testing services market. Non-medical use of prescription drugs is becoming a major threat, especially with different pharmaceutical opioids being misused in different regions. Tramadol, an opioid painkiller, is extensively utilized for non-medical use in Africa. In North America, the non-medical use of pharmaceutical opioids is major concern.
- According to World Drug Report 2019, 35 million people worldwide suffer from drug use disorders, while only 1 in 7 person receives treatment
- Increase in number of drug-related deaths is also a major factor that is projected to propel the drug of abuse testing services market during the forecast period. For instance, according to World Drug Report 2019, in North America, more than 47,000 opioid overdose deaths recorded in the U.S., an increase of 13% from the previous year, and 4,000 opioid-related deaths in Canada, a 33% increase from 2016.
Cannabis Segment to be Highly Promising
- Based on drug type, the global drug of abuse testing services market can be segmented into alcohol, cannabis, cocaine, opioids, amphetamine, and others
- The cannabis segment accounted for a prominent share of the global drug of abuse testing services market in 2019. This segment is expected to dominate the drug of abuse testing services market due to an increase in cannabis abuse among people all over world. According to World Drug Report 2019, globally, more than 188 million people used cannabis in 2017.
- Amphetamine is second-most commonly used drug due to lower price and high availability of amphetamine
North America to Dominate Global Drug of Abuse Testing Services Market
- In terms of region, the global drug of abuse testing services market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global drug of abuse testing services market in 2019. It is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. Dominance of the region can be attributed to an increase in illicit drug users in the region. For instance, according to World Drug Report 2019, in U.S. nearly 1 in 5 person aged 12 or older (19.4%) used an illicit drug in 2017.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a significantly high growth rate during the forecast period, owing to an increase in prevalence of drug abuse and a surge in the demand for drug of abuse testing services in emerging countries such as India and China.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global drug of abuse testing services market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- United States Drug Testing Laboratories, Inc. (USDTL)
- Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
- Randox Laboratories
- ATI, Inc.
- LGC Limited
Drug of Abuse Testing Services Market: Research Scope
Drug of Abuse Testing Services Market, by Drug Type
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.