Drone Logistics and Transportation Market: Introduction
The rising usage of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in various business applications for quicker delivery of commodities is among the key factors fueling the development of the global drone logistics and transportation market. Surging trend of e-commerce trade is also boosting the demand in the drone logistics and transportation market. Simple regulations regarding the usage of drones with respect to commercial usage is another anticipated factor uplifting the growth of the drone logistics and transportation market in the span of forthcoming years.
Drone Logistics and Transportation Market
- Drone Delivery Canada, among the top drone delivery firms tied-up with Moose Cree First Nation with US$2.5 Mn agreement, to install its drone delivery to provide the communities of Moosonee and Moose Factory. The firm in 2017, got a Compliant Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC), which gives a permission for serving drone services beyond visual line-of-sight activities, and regarding particular goal of drone delivery facilities.
- A Chinese online business firm, headquartered at Beijing is delivering commercial drones in 4 main regions spread over China from 2016. The firm announced its aim to build 150 drone delivery services in southwestern Sichuan region for UAV delivery by 2020. The firm even plans to launch similar facilities in Japan and Indonesia
- Zomato also took over TechEagle, a startup in drone technology to develop a hub-to-hub transportation service supported by hybrid multi-rotor drones.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our Report Brochure
The important firms operating in the global drone logistics and transportation market include Uber Technologies Inc., Drone Delivery Canada, Zipline International, Matternet, and Flirtey. The rise in strategies such as mergers and acquisitions and partnership with drone delivery firms with services and products providers is estimated to support them in expanding their global reach and market presence. For example, Boeing HorizonX Ventures partnered with Matternet, a giant in drone delivery. Moreover, integrating service providers vertically by mergers of drone transportation firms would help in keep a check on distribution network.
Drone Logistics and Transportation Market Dynamics
Exemptions by Federal Aviation Administration to Contribute in Market Growth
The leading factor behind the surge in demand in the global drone logistics and transportation market is the increased usage of drones for several commercial and military applications. Major examples of these comprise inventory management, inventory tracking, food delivery, medical supplies delivery, border surveillance, parcel delivery, and so on. Moreover, some of the exceptions by Federal Aviation Administration even enables the usage of drones in several industries that as a result is estimated to pump up the growth of the drone logistics and transportation market all over the world in coming years.
Besides, delivery drones are even expected to emerge more popular in the forthcoming years owing to rising investments by various firms for the advancement in technology and to design more innovative drones, for example, Amazon, Walmart, Uber, Google, FedEx, and UPS.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report
North America to Lead due to Increased Usage of Drone in Military Operations
Based on geography, North America region is foreseen to lead the global drone logistics and transportation market, as per market share in the coming years. The adoption of drones with respect to transportation is getting momentum in the mentioned region, due to rising measures to use the technology in military and commercial sector of Canada and the US. Apart from this, convenient regulations, such as those by Transport Canada for new remotely piloted plane is another factor supporting growth. These regulations intend to contribute in the development of drone logistics and transportation market. Relaxations and regulations like these are foreseen to propel the growth of drone logistics and transportation market in North America region.
However, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to have the highest growth in the market studied during the forecast period. This is mainly due to the investments by the Chinese and Indian companies into drone delivery technology.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.