Global Drone-in-a-Box Market: Introduction
- Drone-in-a-box is a new form of autonomous-unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) technology that uses drones to move and return from self-contained landing ‘boxes’. Most drone flights are manually controlled (‘hand-drive’). A smartphone and / or a remote control is used to take off, fly, and land the drone. The pilot stands in the line of sight - visual proximity to the drone - to keep an eye on it. After about 20 to 30 minutes, the battery capacity runs out and the user has to charge the drone via a charging cable into a socket. This procedure is practical, cost-effective, and hard to realize for several industrial applications. The drone-in-a-box principle is that drones can fly automatically and autonomously from the drone-in-a-box system. Typically, three components are necessary for implementation:
- A drone that can be charged automatically, e.g. through charging contacts on the landing skids, equipment that can be connected to a normal drone or an automatic battery change on the Box.
- The box serves as a platform for the drone to take off and land. It is designed in such a way that it can charge the drone or change the battery automatically. During the charging process or when the drone is not supposed to be in the air, the box is a safe place to store it.
- Control software are used to plan and control the flight applications and routes.
- Below are some examples of several application areas for the drone-in-a-box:
- In security applications, in case of an emergency to start the alarm, the Drone-in-a-Box is used to fly to the place when the alarm occurs in order to take pictures of the scene. Regular, planned patrol flights are also possible. Additionally, companies are adopting this technology to improve the safety of large events.
- In agriculture, the drone-in-box is being utilized for inspection and measuring tasks. With special cameras on the drone, it is possible to recognize changes in vegetation at an early stage.
- Drones-in-a-box are used to stream aerial views and data of industrial infrastructure to control rooms in real-time for the maintenance of Industrial Infrastructure. This can help detect gas/water leaks or in a warehouse.
- Drone-in-Box can help improve the delivery of parcels by automating the delivery process rapidly. In many parts of the world, packing stations have become a helpful way of dropping off parcels in rapid time. If these stations were expanded to include takeoff and landing areas for drones, many package deliveries could be automated in the future.
Rising demand for Global Drone-in-a-Box Market in Construction industry
- Segmentation of industry vertical can be divided into construction, mining, oil & gas, energy and utility, agriculture, and others.
- Based on industry vertical, the construction segment of the global drone-in-a-box market is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to an increase in use of Drone-in-a-Box for materials and inventory management and progress monitoring – view the progress of projects in real-time applications.
- Moreover, in the construction industry, mapping a site, inspecting construction sites, building survey applications have grown in popularity, with the goal of delivering real-time data that is accurate and complete for a variety of applications.
- Drone-in-a-Box is also utilized to identify irrigation issues including identification of water leaks, overwatering, plant counting, spacing and weed management, traffic monitoring, etc.
- Rising adoption of Drone-in-a-Box for various emergency inspection and traffic monitoring applications is further propelling the market
North America to Lead Global Drone-in-a-Box Market
- In terms of region, the global drone-in-a-box market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The global drone-in-a-box market in North America is anticipated to expand at a high growth rate during the forecast period
- This expansion is attributed to a wide range of applications in industries, such as construction to capture information and footage about the construction site in real-time.
- The market in North America is expected to expand at a high growth rate due to the presence of major players in the region and increased competition among them. The market in Europe is likely to expand at a consistent pace during the forecast period because of less number of manufacturers are present in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Drone-in-a-Box Market
The global drone-in-a-box market is highly fragmented as a large number of manufacturers are present. Rising demand for drone-in-a-box in the construction industry is prompting companies to invest in the development of new technologies and advancements in order to cater to the rising demand for this product.
Following are the key players operating in the global drone-in-a-box market are as following:
- American Robotics, Inc.
- Azur Drones
- Easy Aerial Inc
- H3 Dynamics LLC
- Percepto Ltd
- Skysense Inc.
Global Drone-in-a-Box Market: Research Scope
Global Drone-in-a-Box Market, by Type
Global Drone-in-a-Box Market, by Application
- Thermal Imaging
- Progress monitoring
- Surveying and mapping
- Tailing Dam
- Security and Emergency Response
- Others (Plant Counting, spacing and weed management, etc.)
Global Drone-in-a-Box Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil and gas
- Energy and Utility
- Others (Environmental, Logistics, etc.)
Global Drone-in-a-Box Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.