Dredge Pump Market: Introduction
- Dredge pumps are heavy duty slurry pumps used in the process of dredging. Dredging is a process of transporting underwater sediments such as gravel, sand, rocks, stones, mud, fine, and debris from one area to another.
- Dredge pumps are high-pressure pumps powered by gasoline. They are used to suck up water, gold, and gravel, by pushing materials through header box or hose.
- Dredge pump is a type of centrifugal pump with manganese steel liners or chrome carbide. It mainly consists of an impeller and pump casing. The impeller is connected to drive motor through a shaft and mounted into the pump casing.
- Dredge pumps are of different types, ranging from conventional pumps to high efficiency pumps that include high pressure, medium pressure, and low pressure pumps. Moreover, dredge pumps are easy to execute and available in single and double walled varieties. They can withstand extreme forces, and can be used in less and most demanding operations in different industries.
- Dredge pumps are configured for all kind of applications such as inboard, onboard, booster, and submerged, with the suction diameters ranging from 300 mm to 1,400 mm and more
- Dredge pumps are powered by electric motor or hydraulic motor. These pumps are used for various applications such as floating water removal, floating placement, solids removal, and water supply.
- Dredge pumps are used for economical dredging in all water depth conditions.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Dredge Pump Market: Dynamics
Key Drivers of Dredge Pump Market
- Increase in urbanization, industrialization, and agricultural production activities in developed and developing countries are expected to boost the dredge pump market during the forecast period
- Increase in awareness about environmental protection is expected to drive the dredge pump market during the forecast period
- Marine industry is considered as a prominent user of dredge pumps. As dredge pumps are used in TSHD (trailing suction hopper dredger). A trailing suction hopper dredger is a ship used to maintain navigable waterways with the help of dredge pumps. This, in turn, is a major factor driving the dredge pump market.
- Dredge pumps are used to drain water and wastewater in municipal sector and oil industry. This is anticipated to boost the dredge pump market in the next few years.
- Doing different operations in different industries such as mining and mineral, construction, metallurgy, chemical industry, pulp and paper, energy and in manufacturing plants by the use of dredge pumps, can drive the dredge pump market
- Government regulations for waste and effluent management are expected to drive the dredge pump market during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Dredge Pump Market
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for significant share of the global dredge pump market during the forecast period due to rise in urbanization, industrialization, and constructional activities with large investments. This, in turn, is expected to have a positive impact on the dredge pump market over the forecast period.
- Rapid industrialization and fast growing economy in India and China are likely to fuel the demand for dredge pumps
- Economic situation across the world is complicated with many uncertainties in the next few years. The dredge pump market in North America and Middle East & Africa is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period due to increase in demand for dredge pumps in marine and oil industry.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Dredge Pump Market”
Dredge Pump Market: Competition Landscape
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global dredge pump market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–30% of the market share. A few key players operating in the global dredge pump market are listed below:
- Grundfos Pumps
- Kirloskar Brothers
- Lishen Pumps
- Ruhrpumpsen Group
- Shengli Pumps
- The Weir Group
- Walrus America
- Schlumberger Limited
- Ebara Pumps Europe S.p.A.
- Falcon Pumps
- Flowserve Corporation
- Pentair plc.
- WILO SE
Dredge Pump Market: Research Scope
The global dredge pump market can be segmented based on:
- Product Type
- Distribution Channel
Dredge Pump Market, by Product Type
Based on product type, the global dredge pump market can be classified into:
- Horizontal Dredge Pumps
- Vertical Dredge Pumps
- Submersible Dredge Pumps
Dredge Pump Market, by Distribution Channel
In terms of distribution channel, the global dredge pump market can be segregated into:
- Direct Sales (OEM)
- Indirect Sales
- DREDGE Pump Customers
Dredge Pump Market, by Application
Based on application, the global dredge pump market can be categorized into:
- Trailing Suction Hopper Dredgers
- Cutter Suction Dredgers
- Dredging and Mining Slurry Pumps
- Power Generation
Dredge Pump Market, by Industry
On the basis of industry, the global dredge pump market can be divided into:
- Mining & Mineral
- Chemical Industry
- Pulp & Paper
- Manufacturing Plants
Dredge Pump Market, by Region
Based on region, the global dredge pump market can be categorized into:
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of product development, financial analysis, product market sizing, competition landscape, product benchmarking, market trends, and strategic analysis to estimate the potential opportunities for and impact forces of the global dredge pump market. The report also includes a study and qualitative and quantitative research of major developments in the market such as mergers & acquisitions, product launches, agreements, and collaborations to recognize the prevailing market dynamics and their estimated impact during the forecast period.
- Submersible dredge pumps
- Sand pump
- Slurry pump
- Gravel pump
- Dredging equipment
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.