DRAM Module Market: Introduction
- DRAM modules are collections of dynamic random access memory (DRAM) chips assembled on circuit boards
- DRAM chips are single-transistor dynamic memory cells that use capacitors to store each bit in a row-and-column addressable format. It is a type of random access memory (RAM) that requires the capacitor to be continually charged or refreshed to retain data.
- DRAM module is a dynamic memory device; it requires a power supply to maintain its data. In this way, DRAM modules use volatile memory.
- Different types of DRAM modules may be selected for their specific characteristics. Examples include synchronous DRAM (SDRAM) modules, extended data out (EDO) modules, and fast page mode (FPM) modules.
Rise in Demand for DRAM Module in Consumer Electronics
- DRAM modules are utilized in desktop and laptop computers as well as servers
- Different types of DRAM modules are employed in servers to augment memory capacity, in networking applications to increase bandwidth and ensure signal integrity, and in mobile applications to provide memory capacity with low power consumption and compact design
- Consistent rise in sales of smartphones, laptops/tablets, digital cameras, etc., is projected to boost the DRAM module market, in terms of revenue
- Additionally, a rise in the demand for more powerful processing technologies led by increased focus on higher storage capacity and lower power consumption is estimated to further boost the DRAM module market
Asia Pacific to Lead Global DRAM Module Market
- In terms of region, the global DRAM module market can be divided into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- The DRAM module market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to an increase in use of computers, laptops, etc., in this region. Rapid technological advancement is also projected to boost the DRAM module market in the region.
- North America holds the second-largest share of the global DRAM module market. Rise in demand for advanced DRAM module technologies from end-use industries drives the market in the region. Additionally, the extensive pool of smartphone manufacturers and semiconductor companies in the region further augment the demand for DRAM modules in the region.
- The DRAM module market in Europe is driven due to the rising sales of smartphones and computers. Moreover, supportive government policies to foster DRAM module production offer significant opportunities for the market in the region.
Key Players in the Global DRAM Module Market
- Kingston Technology
- Smart Modular Technologies
- ADATA Technology
- Transcend Information
- Apacer Technology
- Team Group
- Micron Consumer Products Group
- MA Labs
- Corsair Memory
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- SK Hynix Inc.
- Nanya Technology Corporation
- Winbond Electronics Corporation
Global DRAM Module Market: Research Scope
Global DRAM Module Market, by Product Type
Global DRAM Module Market, by Application
- Mobile Device
Global DRAM Module Market, by region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Asia Pacific
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!