Drainage Catheters Market: Introduction
- Catheter is a flexible and thin tube made up of medical grade materials to serve variety of functions including access by surgical instruments, drainage, and administration of fluids or gases. It also performs a broad range of tasks. It is medical device that can be implanted in the body to perform a surgical procedure or treat diseases.
- Drainage catheter is usually used in the treatment and removal of fluid build-up throughout the human body. Drainage catheters are employed in the extraction of fluids from pneumothoraces, abscesses, urinomas, bilomas, cysts, and pseudocysts.
- Drainage catheters can be placed in multiple locations in the body. Various types of drainage catheters include Jackson-Pratt type drain (post-surgical bulb), percutaneous drainage catheter (pigtail), T-tube (biliary drainage), thoracic catheters – chest tubes, Blake drain (capillary action), Penrose drain (simple open tube – superficial), nasogastric suction tubes, and sump drain.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Drainage Catheters Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Drainage Catheters Market
- The global drainage catheters market is primarily driven by increase in prevalence and incidence of chronic diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Incidence of cancer is rising rapidly in countries with unhealthy lifestyles. Increase in adoption of drainage catheters and technological advancement have led to a revolutionary trend in product development. This is expected to drive the demand for drainage catheters during the forecast period.
- Decrease in the cost of minimally invasive products is encouraging new players to enter the market. Reimbursement options for treatments carried though a drainage catheter are available in most of the developed countries. This is expected to drive the global drainage catheters market during the forecast period.
Chest Drainage Catheter Segment Expected to Account for Major Share of Global Market
- Based on application, the global drainage catheters market can be divided into chest drainage catheter, external ventricular drainage catheter, and others
- The chest drainage catheter segment is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period. The segment’s dominance can be ascribed to the large usage of drainage catheters in chest drainage applications in order to remove excess fluid deposition.
Hospitals Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of end-user, the global drainage catheters market can be classified into hospitals, specialty clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers
- The hospitals segment is expected to account for major share of the global drainage catheters market by 2027, led by the large number of procedures performed in hospitals across the globe
North America to Dominate Global Drainage Catheters Market
- In terms of region, the global drainage catheters market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Rapid increase in demand for thoracic surgery and cardiac surgery procedures and high awareness among people are expected to drive the drainage catheters market in North America in the near future
- Demand for drainage catheters has been rising significantly in France, the U.K., and Germany in Europe. Increase in demand for drainage catheters in countries such as Japan, India, and China is expected to boost the demand for drainage catheters in Asia Pacific.
- Lack of availability of innovative chest drainage and affordability issues related to drainage catheters are likely to hamper the drainage catheters market in developing and underdeveloped countries in Latin America and Middle East & Africa
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Drainage Catheters Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global drainage catheters market are:
- Smiths Medical
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Atrium (Getinge Group)
- Argon Medical
- PACIFIC HOSPITAL SUPPLY CO. LTD. (PAHSCO)
- Medela AG
Global Drainage Catheters Market: Research Scope
Global Drainage Catheters Market, by Product Type
- Standard Loop
- Tight Loop
Global Drainage Catheters Market, by Application
- Chest Drainage Catheter
- External Ventricular Drainage Catheter
Global Drainage Catheters Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Drainage Catheters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.