Doppler flowmeter operates on the principle of the Doppler Effect, which is a change in the observed frequency of a wave (sound wave /light wave) due to relative motion between the wave source and the object. These flow meters use reflected ultrasonic sound to measure fluid velocity of slurries, aerated liquids or liquid with bubbles, and gases with sound-reflecting particles, where other meter don’t work. The Doppler flowmeter can be easily installed outside the pipes which will not have any influence on pressure loss in the pipe, and has been gaining increasing demand for key beneficial factors such as low power consumption, corrosion resistant, and ability to obstruct less flow. They are ideal for wastewater applications or any dirty liquid which is conductive or water-based as well as for applications where chemical compatibility, low pressure drop and low maintenance are required.
Doppler Flowmeter Market – Competitive Landscape
The Doppler flowmeter market is highly fragmented with proliferation of various start-ups, especially in emerging economies. Leading market players are focusing on further innovative developments of Doppler flowmeters to overcome existing limits and enhance the operational efficiency.
- In May 2019, STMicroelectronics, a leading player in the Doppler flowmeter market, announced that it has collaborated with Gaia Smart Cities Solutions Pvt. Ltd to advance Swachh Bharat (Clean India) Mission. The joint effort is aimed at enabling the smart transformation of cities and enterprises trough real-time feedback collect at different points in the product and service delivery chain.
- In April 2019, Emerson announced its acquisition of life sciences analytics software firm Bioproduction Group (Bio-G). A combination of Emerson’s extensive life sciences technology and expertise portfolio and Bio-G’s scheduling and modeling systems will aid companies bring therapies for cancer and other complex diseases to patients sooner.
- In September 2018, General Electric announced the launch of the world’s first 6B repowering gas turbine solution and signed its first agreement with global chemical company to repower around three 6B gas turbines, in order to save considerable amount of fuel each year at its site in Asia.
Founded in 1847, Siemens AG, a key player in Doppler flowmeter market, is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and operates in nearly all countries of the world. Main divisions of the company include Industry, Energy, Healthcare, and Infrastructure and cities. It offers a range of products and services on building technology, energy, drive technology, financing, industrial automation and mobility.
KROHNE Messtechnik GmbH
Established in 1921, KROHNE Messtechnik GmbH is based in Duisburg, Germany with production facilities in the UK, Brazil, China, India, and other parts of the world. The company manufactures and supplies solutions in industrial process instrumentation, and offers a range of flow measurement products including electromagnetic flowmeters, ultrasonic flowmeters, vortex flowmeters, magnetic resonance flowmeters, variable area flowmeters, mass flowmeters, and verification tools.
Founded in 1953, Endress+Hauser AG is headquartered in Reinach, Switzerland and provides measurement instruments, services, and automation solutions for industrial process engineering worldwide. The company also offers flow metering, inventory management, plant asset management, and analytical solutions.
Founded in 1930, Texas Instruments is based in Dallas, Texas, and specializes in designing, manufacturing, and supply of semiconductors to electronic designers and manufacturers across the globe. The company operates in two main segments, Analog and Embedded Processing.
Established in 1905, Badger Meter is headquartered in Wisconsin, United States, and provides flow measurement, control, communication solutions worldwide. The company also offers mechanical and static water meters and related software technologies and services to municipal water utilities.
Doppler Flowmeter Market – Dynamics
Doppler Flowmeter Market to Grow with Rising Demand for Wastewater Treatment
Sales of Doppler flowmeters remain driven by its non-intrusive design that allows flow measurements at high precision and high frequency. Doppler flowmeters find applications in treatment of contaminated water and other liquids containing dirt particles and slurries which usually cause damage to conventional devices like sensors. A notable rise in the use of such flow meters in wastewater treatment plants, sewer networks, pump stations, hydropower plants, and in special constructions of the wastewater sector such as storm water overflow tanks, for measuring flow rates and fluid velocity will continue to drive the growth of Doppler flowmeter market.
Sales of Laser Doppler Flowmeters to Pick Pace
Laser Doppler flowmeters are gaining wide application in monitoring the rate of blood flow through skins and other organs, complemented by their non-invasive design. Rapid expansion of healthcare industry lined with an increase in the adoption of new devices and technologies will augur well with the growth Doppler flowmeter market.
Rising application of Doppler flowmeters in the flow measurements of influent and effluent water, crude oil, digester feed control, acids, mining slurries, liquefied gases will further augment the market expansion. However, the Doppler flow measurements lack accuracy on clear portable liquids or pure water, which may pose as potential threat to the growth of Doppler flowmeter market.
Doppler Flowmeter Market – Segmentation
On the basis of type, the Doppler flowmeter market can be divided into:
- Ultrasonic Doppler Flowmeter
- Laser Doppler Flowmeter
On the basis of form factor, the Doppler flowmeter market can be classified into:
- Fixed Doppler Flowmeter
- Portable Doppler Flowmeter
- Handheld Doppler Flowmeter
On the basis of end-use industry, the Doppler flowmeter market can be segregated into:
- Oil & Gas
- Water and wastewater
- Food & Beverage
- Metals and mining
The report on Doppler flowmeter market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The Doppler flowmeter market report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The Doppler flowmeter market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Regional analysis for Doppler flowmeter market includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.