Diverticular Treatment: Introduction
- Diverticular is one of the foremost common gastrointestinal conditions affecting the overall population in the world
- An estimated 2.5 million people suffer from diverticular disease in the U.S. every year. Clinical signs of diverticulosis range from asymptomatic diverticulosis to complicated diverticulitis.
- Treatment for symptomatic diverticular disease is essentially based on symptoms. Conventional treatment includes fiber, bowel rest, antibiotics, pain control, and medical surgery for selected cases. The research discusses recent advances in the medical treatment of diverticulitis diseases, such as the utilization of mesalamine, rifaximin, and probiotics, as our understanding of the disease evolves.
- Diverticular disease is a digestive condition that results in the formation of sacs or small bulges within the wall of the large intestine. These sacs are often formed anywhere within the colon, but it's majorly found within the sigmoid flexure.
- Diverticular disease is often caused by numerous factors such as low fiber diet, lack of physical exercise, and certain medications such as anti-inflammatory drugs, lack of vitamin D, obesity, and smoking. Symptoms of diverticular disease range from uncomplicated or complicated diverticulitis to chronic abdominal pain, bloating, and irregular bowel habits. The pathogenesis and management of diverticulosis and diverticular disease remain questionable; however, new hypotheses and perceptions are changing how we treat diverticular disease to enhance symptoms and stop serious complications.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Diverticular Treatment Market
- Rise in cases of obesity and drug intake drive the diverticulitis market. The specific reason behind diverticular is smoking cigarettes, lack of exercise, a diet high in animal fat and low in fiber, and excessive use of certain medication such as steroids, opioids and NSAIDs, which is estimated to boost the diverticular market
- Continuous clinical trials happening in rare diseases and increased demand for medicines for the treatment of digestive disorders are projected to drive the global diverticular treatment market during the forecast period. However, a lack of patient awareness in developing countries and stringent FDA guidelines for the approval of the latest treatment or medicines may hamper the worldwide diverticular market. Furthermore, the global diverticular treatment market is majorly driven by the growing prevalence of obesity, rising geriatric population resulting in a rise in the patient population, increase in cigarette smoking population, and growing mass young population inclined toward a sedentary lifestyle. Moreover, government activities and support, rising demand for advanced treatment, and rise in number of market players offering newer products are estimated to drive the market.
North America to Dominate the Global Diverticular Treatment Market
- The diverticular disease market in North America is estimated to expand at a rapid pace due to an increase in number of passive smokers, coupled with a rise in the geriatric population is in the region
- Rise in demand for medical service and technologically advanced treatment and products alongside rising government support is projected to further propel the diverticular treatment market in North America
- Europe is expected to be the second-largest market for diverticular treatment and hold a healthy share of the global diverticular treatment market. The market in Europe is anticipated to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period due to the availability of newer and advanced treatment facilities and rising skilled medical professionals besides the growing need for better healthcare infrastructure.
- Increase in geriatric population and standard of living is driving the diverticular treatment market
- Rising awareness about health and availability of the latest treatment methods drive the market in Asia Pacific. China is a rapidly expanding market in the region due to an increase in the geriatric population in the country. Increasing medical expenditure and standard of living is driving the diverticular treatment market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players of Diverticular Treatment Market
Some of the key players in the diverticular treatment market are
- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Synergy Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Ardelyx, Inc.
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Novartis AG
Global Diverticular Treatment Market: Research Scope
Diverticular Treatment Market, by Type
- Diverticular bleeding
Diverticular Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Supportive Care
Diverticular Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail pharmacy
- Online pharmacy
Diverticular Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.