Distribution Board Market
Distribution Board Market (Power Rating: Low Voltage and Medium Voltage; Pole: 1 to 30, 31 to 60, and Above 60; and End User: Utilities, Industrial, Commercial, and Residential) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Customizable Distribution Boards Meet End User Requirements
Improvements in overall economic growth of developed and developing economies in North America and Asia Pacific are anticipated to fuel the growth for the distribution board market. Startup culture and business opportunities in niche markets are boosting the application of distribution boards in the rapidly growing commercial sector. As such, commercial accounts for the second-highest revenue among end users in the distribution board market. It is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 2 Bn by 2027. Hence, manufacturers are increasingly focusing on meeting the demands of stakeholders in the commercial sector.
Moreover, manufacturers are increasing their production capacities to make customizable distribution boards available, since the commercial sector is projected for exponential growth during the forecast period. Apart from focusing on portfolio expansion in boards, manufacturers are increasing the production of fuse links, switches, and bypass equipment to meet end user requirements for safe and reliable electricity supply. Efforts are being made by manufacturers to meet local regulations that govern electrical load requirements in the commercial space.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Distribution Board Market
Launch of Smart Electricity Distribution Products
The concept of smart electricity distribution is engulfing the distribution board market in China. Likewise, Asia Pacific dominates the distribution board market in terms of revenue, and is expected to reach an estimated value of ~US$ 3.2 Bn by 2027. Hence, manufacturers are increasing their focus on understanding the unmet needs of end users in China.
Manufacturers are introducing smart electricity distribution products in China. For instance, in November 2019, leading supplier of electrification products ABB, announced the launch of their new workshops to deliver smart electrical distribution products to end users in China. Growing demand for efficient energy distribution solutions is catalyzing growth of the China distribution board market. Rapid economic development of China is gaining the attention of leading manufacturers. Safer and reliable power distribution boards are increasingly supporting the entire electrical value chain.
Companies are aiming to diversify their product portfolios to fulfil medium and low voltage distribution requirements. As such, applications for medium voltage are predicted to be on the rise during the forecast period. The medium voltage segment holds a higher revenue share as compared to the low voltage segment in the distribution board market, and is projected to reach a value of ~US$ 5.1 Bn by 2027.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Digital Circuit Breakers Overcome Limitations of Mechanical Breakers
Innovations in circuit breakers act as key drivers for the distribution board market. New digital circuit breakers are pervasively replacing mechanical breakers in various electricity management applications. For instance, Atom Power - the creator of solid-state power distribution ecosystem, revealed first-of-its-kind UL (Underwriters Laboratories) – a certified digital circuit breaker to meet consumer safety.
Though residential might not be the leading end user in the distribution board market, it holds a significant revenue in the market landscape. The uptake of renewable energy solutions is seen as a key trend in the residential sector. However, the static nature of conventional distribution boards leads to complications in switching between renewables and grid-centralized electrical sources. This challenge poses as a restraint for the widespread adoption of renewables in the residential space. Hence, manufacturers are introducing digital circuit breakers to overcome the limitations of mechanical circuit breakers.
Digital circuit breakers are a novel addition in the distribution board market landscape, since they aid in simplified and faster power management as compared to mechanical breakers.
Integration of IT/OT Steers Innovations in Distribution Systems
The distribution board market is witnessing change with the integration of IT and OT (Operational Technology) in various sectors and domains. End users are combining IT and OT to improve the distribution system performance. Distribution board manufacturers are aiming to enhance organizational performance by offering increased customer satisfaction. Leading companies are increasing efforts to enhance system efficiency and reliability.
Integration of IT/OT is creating incremental opportunities for manufacturers. Enterprise resource planning and mobile workforce management are only a few of the IT applications that are triggering the demand for efficient distribution boards. However, operational control of assets in the electric network in real time are steering market growth. Thus, electric distribution systems are becoming increasingly mainstream in OT intelligence for voltage regulators.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Distribution Board Market”
Manufacturers are increasing their efficacy in digital and connected innovations to transform utility and industrial electric infrastructure. As such, among end users, the utilities segment is leading the distribution board market and is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 2.8 Bn by 2022.
However, high incidence rate of electrical hazard accidents due to mechanical circuit breakers is likely to impede growth of the market for distribution boards. Hence, manufacturers are introducing novel digital circuit breakers that overcome limitations of conventional circuit breakers. Companies should increase efficacy in the development of plug-on distribution boards to address space-constrained requirements of end users. They should tap opportunities in renewables and next-gen power grids to broaden their scope of revenue sources.
Distribution Board Market: Overview
- Distribution board divides an electrical power feed into subsidiary circuits, while providing a protective fuse or circuit breaker for each circuit in a common enclosure. Distribution board is the main electric supply system for commercial, residential, and industrial sectors.
- Various types of distribution boards are available in different sizes. These include surface mounted, flush mounted, or floor standing. Distribution boards are available with closing doors or see-through plastic covers or doors.
Distribution Board Market: Key Drivers
- Distribution board is the overall system having neutral links, earth leakage units, and interconnecting wires for proper electrical distribution in a building. One crucial part of a distribution board is the fuse. In the case of overcurrent, the fuse automatically shuts down the supply, protecting appliances and preventing electrical danger in a building.
- The distribution board frame should eliminate any possibility of error during installation. A well-installed and user-friendly distribution board ensures safety and long life of electrical distribution systems. Thus, need for protection devices in residential, commercial, and industrial sectors is expected to drive the distribution board market globally.
- Several countries across the globe are dealing with high costs associated with disruptions and Customer Minutes Lost (CML). Investments needed to maintain and upgrade the network is also high. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, about 75% of transmission lines and transformers are at least 25 years old. Outdated infrastructure is frequently cited by commentators as the biggest threat to the U.S. energy supply. Several countries in Europe such as Romania are also facing the issue of run-down infrastructure that cannot withstand the demands placed on it.
- Most countries are adopting smart grid technologies in order to improve electricity transmission and distribution. This is boosting the global distribution board market.
- In October 2018, Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) made an investment of ~US$ 25 Mn (AED 93 Mn) to enhance its smart grid capabilities
Distribution Board Market: Opportunities
- Major economies across the globe are focusing on developing renewable energy power generation in order to reduce their dependence on conventional power generation through fossil fuels
- Global renewable energy generation capacity reached 2,351 GW in 2018. Hydropower accounts for a prominent share with installed capacity of 1,172 GW. Wind and solar energy hold the rest of the share with installed capacities of 564 GW and 480 GW, respectively. Other renewables include 121 GW of bioenergy, 13 GW of geothermal energy, and 500 MW of marine energy.
- Such large-scale yearly addition of renewable energy requires strong transmission & distribution networks. This, in turn, propels the demand for distribution boards.
Distribution Board Market: Major Developments
- In February 2018, Havells India Limited, a leading Fast Moving Electrical Goods (FMEG) company, announced its strategy to further strengthen its presence in North India, i.e. Punjab, Jammu & Kashmir, and Himachal Pradesh, with the launch of innovative switchgear products such as distribution boards, ACCL, and circuit breakers (MCB/RCCB)
- In April 2017, Electrical specialist Lewden Palazzoli launched a new range of TP&N distribution boards that are ideal for usage in modern commercial and industrial installations. Each of the boards has been produced to save space as well as provide the installer with quick and easy wiring installation.
Distribution Board Market: Key Segment
- Based on power rating, the global distribution board market can be bifurcated into low voltage, and medium voltage. The medium voltage segment dominated the global distribution board market in 2018. High demand for medium voltage distribution boards in commercial and industrial sectors is anticipated to drive the distribution board market.
Asia Pacific Dominates Global Distribution Board Market
- Asia Pacific dominated the global distribution board market in 2018. The distribution board market in the region is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Growth in construction and manufacturing sectors, and significant increase in oil & gas exploration and production activities are anticipated to drive the distribution board market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- China dominates the distribution board market in Asia Pacific. The Government of China has implemented various favorable policies to reduce the down payment of loans on second-owned houses. The government has also exempted sales tax on residential housing. This has facilitated the recovery of the commercial housing sector in the country. These factors are likely to boost the distribution board market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- In terms of revenue, North America held a large share of the global distribution board market in 2018. Electric grid infrastructure in the U.S. is aging rapidly. In 2015, a report from the U.S. Department of Energy concluded that 70% of power transformers were 25 years of age or older, 60% of circuit breakers were 30 years or older, and 70% of transmission lines were 25 years or older. Thus, utilities are striving to modernize, not just to enable a new era of electric technology, but to maintain reliability. These factors are estimated to provide lucrative opportunities to the distribution board market.
- The global distribution board market is highly fragmented, with a presence of large numbers of local, regional, and global players
- Key players operating in the global distribution board market are -
- Hager Group
- Siemens AG
- Schneider Electric
- General Electric
- LARSEN & TOUBRO LIMITED
- Havells India Ltd
- East Coast Power Systems
- INDUSTRIAL ELECTRIC MFG
- Arabian Gulf Switchgear
- ESL Power Systems
- INDU-ELECTRIC Gerber GmbH
- Blakley Electrics
Distribution Board Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s recent publication on the global distribution board market provides audiences with an overall market outlook, with the help of a comprehensive assessment of the global market scenario. TMR’s study on the global distribution board market analyzes the market with respect to the historical and current market scenario, which offers forecast for the period of 2019-2027.
Report readers are able to make important decisions pertaining to their business with a wealth of information and exclusive insights on the global distribution board market enclosed in the study. The report also provides in-depth understanding of key market trends and developments made by players operating in the global distribution board market. This TMR report is divided into different sections that allow readers to gain better understanding of the global distribution board market.
Key Questions Addressed in Report on Distribution Board Market
- How much revenue is the global distribution board market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which end user segment of the global distribution board market is likely to be highly attractive by 2027?
- Which key growth indicators and market dynamics are anticipated to drive the global distribution board market over the next nine years?
- Which regions are expected to provide growth opportunities to players operating in the global distribution board market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key market players in an attempt to expand their market presence?
The first section of the TMR’s report on the global distribution board market begins with a premise that includes the report scope, market segmentation, and research highlights. Following this is the executive summary that emphasizes aspects of the global distribution board market covered in the study. This section provides a brief understanding of market elements and enables readers to understand aspects of the global market covered in the study. The report also includes market dynamics that offer an understanding of market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The next section includes extensive segmentation analysis of the global distribution board market. This evaluation includes segmentation of the global distribution board market based on power rating, pole, end user, and region. Furthermore, analysis of key segments, year-on-year growth projection, and basis point share analysis of the global market are included in the report. These help readers identify promising areas for market growth.
The TMR study on the global distribution board market offers an assessment of geographical landscape of the market. Regional study helps market competitors make important decisions pertaining to their business. Individualized, country-wise, and segment-wise analysis pertaining to individual regions help readers of the report decipher growth potential of the distribution board market in various geographies. Supported by year-on-year growth projection and global market value and volume share, this section is a vital part of the report.
The study on the global distribution board market offers a holistic competitive value judgment, along with details of leading as well as emerging market players. The dashboard view of competitors operating in the global distribution board market allows readers to understand the business of these competitors and strategies implemented by key players, along with their performance in the market.
TMR’s report on the global distribution board market is based on a detailed estimation of the market, which includes comprehensive primary and secondary research inputs. Detailed investigation of the global distribution board market, in terms of competitive scenario, is supported by an individual-level examination of different avenues related to the market. Moreover, an analysis of the historical and current global market for distribution board is focused on key market segments, major regions, market drivers, and other qualitative inputs, which help TMR’s analysts derive crucial predictions and forecasts of the global distribution board market. Readers can access the global distribution board market study to gain a projected market analysis for the period of 2019-2027.
Distribution Board Market - Segmentation