Distributed Antenna System (DAS) Market
Distributed Antenna System (DAS) Market (Component: Hardware and Services; Technology: Cellular/Commercial DAS and Public Safety DAS; and End User: Offices/Corporate Campuses, Hospitality, Healthcare, Education, Transportation, Government, Industrial, Stadiums & Arenas, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Multi-purpose Communications to Enhance Fan Experience at Connected Stadiums
Path-breaking innovations in multi-purpose communications are steering growth of the distributed antenna system (DAS) market. Since sports is one of the key sources of entertainment for individuals, manufacturers in the market for distributed antenna systems are increasing efficacy in multi-standard and multi-technology resources to give rise to technologically-sound stadiums. Currently, stadiums & arenas segment dominate the highest revenue among all end users in the distributed antenna system market. This end user segment is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 2.3 Bn by the end of 2020. Hence, manufacturers are increasing R&D to deploy high-density Wi-Fi mobile coverage to enhance fan experience.
Companies in the distributed antenna system (DAS) market are deploying multi-operator and multi-technology resources in building designs to accommodate various elements of the mobile operator’s equipment. Thus, vendors are making this possible by increasing the availability of hybrid active/passive distributed antenna systems.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Distributed Antenna System (DAS) Market
Cloud Collaborations Unlock Potential of 5G Systems
The distributed antenna system (DAS) market is witnessing change with the introduction of cloud collaboration. For instance, in April 2019, in-building equipment and services provider Advanced RF Technologies, Inc., announced a cloud collaboration with heterogeneous network planning specialist Ranplan Wireless, through the Collaboration-Hub platform. Cloud collaboration is an innovative concept in the market for distributed antenna systems, which helps companies to gain greater control over their IP (Intellectual Property). Thus, access over network modeling and design software becomes easier for network engineers.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
The trend of cloud collaboration is helping to strengthen public safety, especially in the transportation sector. As such, public safety DAS is projected for exponential growth during the forecast period. The public safety DAS segment of the distributed antenna system (DAS) market is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 6.6 Bn by 2027. Manufacturers in the distributed antenna system (DAS) market are increasing the availability of wireless connectivity to unlock the potential of LTE and 5G systems. Proliferation of 5G and integration of IoT for in-building designs are key drivers that are catalyzing market growth.
Demand for Wireless Connectivity at Airports, Train Stations to Drive Market Growth
An increase of passengers has triggered the demand for distributed antenna systems. Growing demand for seamless mobile connectivity is another key driver for the growth of the distributed antenna system (DAS) market. Manufacturers are increasing their production capacities to meet the requirements of passengers at airports and train stations. Among end users, the transportation segment of the distributed antenna system market is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 2.4 Bn by the end of 2024.
Growing need for wireless connectivity to meet voice, data, and text messaging is catalyzing the demand for distributed antenna systems. Moreover, robust cellular coverage is becoming increasingly mainstream in developed economies of North America. In addition, this trend is gaining popularity in countries of Asia Pacific, since the region is anticipated for exponential growth during the forecast period. Solid cellular coverage plays a vital role in ensuring public safety. Hence, government organizations are increasingly installing DAS for various modes of public transportation.
Iterative Algorithms Overcome Limitations of Multi-antenna Communications
Wireless communications have become a necessity in several end markets. In order to meet the needs of growing users that rely on wireless connectivity, manufacturers in the distributed antenna system (DAS) market are increasing their efficacy in multi-antenna communications. The market is largely consolidated with six leading players accounting to more than ~60% of the market share. This poses as a challenge for emerging players to innovate in multi-antenna communications due to the lack of capital and expertise in the domain.
Companies in the distributed antenna system (DAS) market are adopting optimal transit strategies to ensure uninterrupted wireless connectivity. However, the issue of per-antenna power constraints in point-to-point multiple-input single-output (MISO) and multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) channels with joint sum poses as a challenge for manufacturers. Hence, companies are experimenting with efficient iterative algorithms to overcome the limitations of power constraints in practical systems.
Moreover, manufacturers are tapping into opportunities to integrate 5G networks with IoT in smart city environments. Paradigm shifts in urban ecosystems with rural population transitioning toward suburban and urban areas is another driver for market growth.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Distributed Antenna System (DAS) Market
The collaboration between OEMs and RF (Radio Frequency) design tools is playing a crucial role in designing modern multi-layer systems. Companies in the distributed antenna system (DAS) market are increasing their efforts to enable mobile connections in challenging environments such as in high-speed trains and underground stations.
However, issues involving 5G-based IoT applications in smart city environments pose as a hurdle for manufacturers. Hence, manufacturers should employ simplicity and homogeneity in 5G IoT systems to establish well-equipped connected environments. Apart from stadiums and transportation, manufacturers should invest in developing advanced DAS to support growing hospitality, healthcare, corporate campuses, and education sectors.
Distributed Antenna System (DAS) Market: Overview
- The global distributed antenna system (DAS) market is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~11% between 2019 and 2027. The market for distributed antenna systems is estimated to be driven by the growing requirement to boost communication signals and public safety.
- North America holds a major share of the global distributed antenna system (DAS) market. It is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period, followed by Asia Pacific.
- North America remains the leading market for distributed antenna systems globally, with the market estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 3.2 Bn by the end of 2019
- The distributed antenna system (DAS) market in South America is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period
- This market in Europe is projected to expand at a notable CAGR of 10.5% during the forecast period
- Distributed antenna system is increasingly being adopted by end users, owing to factors such as growing popularity of mobile communication devices and adoption of wireless connectivity across the world. At present, the distributed antenna system (DAS) market is expanding at a high rate, due to increasing government focus on enhancing the telecom infrastructure to support on-going connectivity.
- Similarly, North America is expected to offer significant opportunities to the distributed antenna system (DAS) market globally, followed by Asia Pacific.
Key Drivers of Distributed Antenna System (DAS) Market
- Multiple technologies are being developed in order to provide better networking solutions around the globe. Presently, growing adoption of BYOD (bring your own device) such as smartphones, laptops, and tablets globally is boosting the demand for better communication signals. This is primarily due to the growing consumer desire for continuous online connectivity for audiovisual communication around the globe.
- The growing trend of being connected is expected to influence the adoption of distributed antenna systems
- Demand for distributed antenna systems is unceasingly growing in the healthcare industry, as visitors, patients, and doctors expect portable devices to work throughout the hospital premises and depend on the Cellular/PCS WAN network for data services
- Furthermore, communication networks for public safety is expected to be designed in such a way that they operate in every possible situation; for instance, during a natural or manmade disaster. These networks include hardened sites that will continue to operate (special band DAS network solutions).
- High-speed data services have become commonplace fixtures in buildings, as modern culture and society is reliant on wireless communication. Therefore, increase in demand for higher bandwidth applications and in-building wireless solutions is anticipated to accelerate the growth of the distributed antenna system market during the forecast period.
- Adoption of DAS solutions is increasing in developing regions such as Asia Pacific and MEA to provide in-building wireless solutions. This is also a major factor that is expected to boost the distributed antenna system market in the coming years.
Distributed Antenna System (DAS) Market – Competition Landscape
- In November 2019, Boingo Wireless, Inc. launched neutral host cellular DAS and Wi-Fi networks at the newly opened Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY). The company's network at MSY is built to facilitate the escalated mobile data demands of the 5G era. The neutral host DAS boosts cellular signals and can support multiple Tier 1 carriers. The high-density Wi-Fi offers passengers a free connectivity experience, with speeds up to 100 Mbps. Customers of AT&T Inc. and Sprint Corporation can enjoy seamless, secure Wi-Fi connectivity through the Passpoint technology.
- In November 2019, Cobham Wireless announced that its idDAS (intelligent digital distributed antenna system) is now providing 4G coverage in Berlin’s U-Bahn for subscribers of all three major mobile operators in Germany, including Vodafone GmbH and Deutsche Telekom AG, along with Telefónica Germany GmbH & Co. OHG, which has already replaced its equipment with Cobham Wireless idDAS to deliver 2G, 3G, and 4G cellular coverage for passengers using Berlin’s underground rail route. New companies will provide 4G connectivity using idDAS to provide high data throughput and capacity to support passengers who use the U-Bahn every year.
Distributed Antenna System (DAS) Market - Company Profiles Snapshot
- CommScope Inc.
CommScope Inc. provides infrastructure solutions for communication networks worldwide. The company’s CommScope Connectivity Solutions segment offers optical fiber and twisted pair structured cable solutions, intelligent infrastructure software, and network rack and cabinet enclosures under the SYSTIMAX, AMP NETCONNECT, and Uniprise brands. CommScope Inc. provides DAS solutions under its mobility solutions segment.
- Corning Incorporated
Corning Incorporated is one of the world’s leading innovators in material science. The company provides distributed antenna system (DAS) solutions to ensure five-bar cellular coverage and adequate cellular data capacity for smartphones and enterprise networks. The company’s indoor and outdoor DAS solutions/technologies are designed to flexibly deliver licensed radio frequencies, public safety, and to ensure adequate network coverage in venues such as stadiums and arenas.
- Cobham Wireless
Cobham Wireless, is part of Cobham plc and operates at the component and subsystem level. The company is one of the significant global players, providing advanced wireless coverage and mobile communication systems. The company’s portfolio includes public safety solutions, development and test tools, wireless coverage, mobile communications systems, DAS solutions, and mobile and IP networks.
Other major players operating in the distributed antenna system (DAS) market and profiled in the report include
- American Tower Corporation
- AT&T Inc.
- TESSCO Technologies, Inc.
- Dali Wireless
- Bird Technologies
- SOLiD, Inc.
- Boingo Wireless, Inc.
Distributed Antenna System (DAS) Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the distributed antenna system (DAS) market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the distributed antenna system (DAS) market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2019 to 2027, wherein 2019 is the base year and 2017 and earlier is historic data. The report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the distributed antenna system (DAS) market provides data on the developments undertaken by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the market landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the distributed antenna system (DAS) market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
This study discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the distributed antenna system (DAS) market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market. The study also offers Porter’s Five Force Analysis, value chain analysis, market outlook, and regional key trends analysis of the distributed antenna system (DAS) market, in order to elaborate on the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for players contributing to the market.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Distributed Antenna System (DAS) Market
- How much revenue will the distributed antenna system (DAS) market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- What type of component is likely to have the maximum market share by 2027?
- What regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall distributed antenna system (DAS) market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the distributed antenna system (DAS) market?
- What region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies incorporated by key stakeholders in the distributed antenna system (DAS) market to expand their global reach?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the distributed antenna system (DAS) market?
This report answers these questions and more about the distributed antenna system (DAS) market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Distributed Antenna System (DAS) Market: Research Methodology
The TMR report on the distributed antenna system market is based on a detailed estimation of the market, with the inclusion of comprehensive primary and secondary research inputs. Detailed investigation of the distributed antenna system (DAS) market in terms of competitive scenario is supported by an individual-level examination of different avenues related to the industry. Moreover, an analysis of the historical and current global market for distributed antenna systems is focused on key market segments, major regions, market drivers, and other qualitative inputs, which help TMR’s analysts derive crucial predictions and forecast analysis of the distributed antenna system (DAS) market.
The report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the distributed antenna system (DAS) market, with both a bottom-up and top-down approach. This detailed assessment of the distributed antenna system (DAS) market, along with an overview of the landscape, is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the distributed antenna system (DAS) market is set to grow are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Distributed Antenna System (DAS) Market - Segmentation
The report on the distributed antenna system (DAS) market provides information on the basis of component, technology, end user, and region:
Cellular/ Commercial DAS
Public Safety DAS
Stadiums & Arenas