Distributed Acoustic Sensing: Introduction
- The distributed acoustic sensing (DAS) system is emerging as a passive sensing technology used for detecting sound signals.
- Distributed acoustic sensing has several advantages such as relatively slim cable, lower cost, easier installation process, and data continuity due to its thin cable. It also measures the complete vertical coverage of a well without any fiber movement.
- The distributed acoustic sensing market is segmented by fiber type (single-mode fiber and multimode fiber), industry vertical (oil & gas, power & utility, security & surveillance, environmental & infrastructure, transportation, and others).
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on this report, Request for a Sample
Rise in Demand for Single-mode Fiber
- By type, the single-mode fiber segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment of the global distributed acoustic sensing market during the forecast period.
- Single-mode fiber limits light scattering, which reduces light waste and increases the transmission of data, ensures limited external interference, and also provides vibration sensing. These factors are likely to propel the single-mode fiber distributed acoustic sensing market during the forecast period.
- Moreover, single-mode fiber is thinner than multimode fiber and thus it offers more efficiency for in-well monitoring applications, higher efficiency of intrusion detection, and a more extended range of telecommunication applications, which boosts the growth of single-mode optic fiber in the global distributed acoustic sensing market.
- By industry vertical, the oil & gas industry is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period since distributed acoustic sensing systems offer significant benefits in optimizing and maximizing the production of both offshore and inland oilfields.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Distributed Acoustic Sensing Market
- In terms of region, the global distributed acoustic sensing market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to experience highest growth in the distributed acoustic sensing market throughout the forecast period due to rising oil production operations and the development of military and infrastructure sectors in the region.
- Moreover, the growing infrastructure in fast developing countries of the region such as China, Japan, Indonesia, Australia, and India presents huge potential for the implementation of distributed acoustic sensing systems.
- Furthermore, the rising military strength in the region and the expansion of oil & gas pipelines, and increased foreign investments in the advancement of oilfields is also likely to propel the demand for distributed acoustic sensing during the forecast period.
- The distributed acoustic sensing market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to the focus of regional governments on in-house optic fiber production and the presence of a large number of oil and gas producing players.
- On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Players Operating in the Global Distributed Acoustic Sensing Market
The global distributed acoustic sensing market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for distributed acoustic sensing. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global distributed acoustic sensing market are:
- Schlumberger Limited
- Halliburton Corporation
- Baker Hughes
- Future Fibre Technologies
- Fotech Solutions
- Hifi Engineering
- Silixa Ltd
- Aragon Photonics
- Febus Optics
- AP Sensing
- T.G. Baker Americas
- Fibre Completion Services
- Fiber SenSys
Global Distributed Acoustic Sensing Market: Research Scope
Global Distributed Acoustic Sensing Market, by Fiber Type
- Single-mode Fiber
- Multimode Fiber
Global Distributed Acoustic Sensing Market, by Industry Vertical
- Oil & Gas
- Power & Utility
- Security & Surveillance
- Environmental & Infrastructure
Global Distributed Acoustic Sensing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.