Disposable Thermometers: Introduction
- Disposable thermometers are rigid or flexible temperature measuring medical devices and are used in a few target areas of the body such as forehead, armpits, and rectum
- Single use disposable thermometers are individually wrapped for single patient use and are designed to reduce the risk of cross infection or reinfection that could occur with other thermometer systems. Simply discard the thermometer after patient use. This helps prevent spread of infections such as Clostridium Difficile, MRSA, Norovirus, and Rotavirus.
- Disposable thermometers have a temperature measuring range from 96.0-104°F and are accurate to within 0.2°F. A disposable thermometer provides an accurate temperature reading in just one minute for oral readings and 3 minutes for axillary readings.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers of Global Disposable Thermometers Market
- Increase in incidence of major bacterial diseases, such as syphilis, tuberculosis, COVID-19, and typhoid fever, in which fever is the main symptoms. According to Forum of International Respiratory Societies, pneumonia is the leading cause of death in children and in the geriatric population. Each year almost 700,000 children die from pneumonia.
- Increase in number of patients with coronavirus infection in countries such as the U.S., Italy, Spain, and India propels the demand for disposable thermometers. Currently, in the U.S., around 3.8 million patients have tested positive for coronavirus. In India, around 1.12 million people have contracted the coronavirus. These factors are anticipated to boost the global disposable thermometers market.
- Increase in geriatric population, technological advancements, and increase in disposable income are likely to fuel the disposable thermometers market during forecasted period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Mercury Disposable Thermometers Segment to Expand Significantly
- In terms of product type, the global disposable thermometers market can be categorized into mercury thermometers, digital thermometers and strip thermometer
- The mercury thermometers segment accounted for a prominent share of the global disposable thermometers market in 2019. Increasing use of mercury thermometers in homecare setting is increasing due to contactless and efficient measurement of temperature that is helpful in the current coronavirus epidemic. These factors drive the segment.
Oral to be Highly Promising Segment
- Based on target area, the global disposable thermometers market can be classified into oral, axilla, rectal and others
- The oral segment accounted for a notable share of the global market, in terms of revenue, in 2019. The trend is likely to continue during the forecast period. Easy to use, less chances of infections, and need for minimum maintenance are key factors that are projected to boost the oral segment during the forecast period.
Hospitals to be Highly Attractive Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global disposable thermometers market can be divided into hospitals, homecare settings, diagnostics centers, and others. Hospitals was a prominent segment, in terms of revenue, in 2019. The segment is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period, as hospitals are well-equipped with disposable and technologically advanced devices including thermometers to measure body temperatures. Moreover, increasing demand for disposable thermometers in hospital settings is likely to fuel the hospital segment.
Europe to Dominate Global Disposable Thermometers Market
- In terms of region, the global disposable thermometers market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe dominated the global disposable thermometers market in 2019. The trend is likely to continue during the forecast period. The region’s dominance can be attributed to an increase in people with infectious diseases and COVID-19, presence of major players, and well-established healthcare system.
- The disposable thermometers market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to an increase in adoption of new products and a rise in the demand for disposable thermometers in emerging countries such as India and China.
Key Players Operating in Global Disposable Thermometers Market
The global disposable thermometers market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global market are:
- GF HEALTH PRODUCTS, INC.
- Acme United Corporation
- Medical Indicators
- Tempagenix, LLC
- Medline Industries
- GH Zeal Ltd.
- LCR Hallcrest LLC
- H-B Instrument Co.
- AMI Inc.
- Hopkins Medical Products
Global Disposable Thermometers Market: Research Scope
Global Disposable Thermometers Market, by Product Type
- Digital Thermometer
- Mercury Thermometer
- Strip Thermometer
- Disposable Thermometers Market, by Target Area
Global Disposable Thermometers Market, by End-user
- Homecare Settings
- Diagnostics Centers
Global Disposable Thermometers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.