Disposable Hospital Supplies Market: Introduction
- Disposable medical supplies consist of medical apparatuses, devices, or consumables used once or for a brief time in medical application. These supplies are an essential component in hospitals, as they save staff time and reduce health care related costs. Disposables medical supplies include bandages & wraps, drug tests disposables, exam gowns, face masks, gloves, suction catheters, surgical sponges, hypodermic needles, syringes, and applicators.
Key Drivers of Disposable Hospital Supplies Market
Awareness Regarding Hospital Acquired Infections
- The disposable hospital supplies market is driven by the rise in awareness about hospital acquired infections. For instance, as per a report published by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), 1 out of 18 patients in European hospitals suffer from hospital-acquired infection (HAI). Moreover, on an average, around 3.2 million patients per year suffer from HAIs. Such instances are driving the use of disposable hospital supplies.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Disposable Hospital Supplies Market Report from this Brochure
Rise in Incidence of Diseases Worldwide
- Rise in incidence of diseases worldwide is fueling the expansion of the disposable hospital supplies market. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), chronic disease prevalence is expected to increase by 57% by 2020. Moreover, global pandemic is also on the rise. These factors are driving the demand for disposable hospital supplies.
Environmental Concerns Related to Improper Disposal of Medical Waste
- Environmental concerns related to improper disposal of medical waste is restraining the growth of the disposable hospital supplies market. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has stipulated several regulations for appropriate disposal of hazardous waste, collection of biohazard waste, and medical waste removal processes. This requires health care facilities to adhere to the rules of proper medical waste disposal, which restricts the use of disposable supplies.
- In terms of region, the global disposable hospital supplies market has been divided into: North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. China is witnessing swift growth in the use of disposable hospital supplies due to evolution of health care reforms resulting in continuous increase in demand for hospital supplies.
- Other major factors are flow of capital to the hospital market in China through self-establishments, mergers & acquisitions, associates, and other forms. In the Asia Pacific region, increasing geriatric population at an unprecedented rate is a major driver for the disposable hospital supplies market. It is projected that by 2050, one in every four people in Asia Pacific will be over 60 years of age. Moreover, the population in the Asia Pacific region will increase three-fold by 2050. According to reports published by the Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed), medical device spending in Asia Pacific in 2010 was about 6% of the total national health expenditure.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Disposable Hospital Supplies Market Report
Key Players operating in Global Market
The global disposable hospital supplies market is concentrated with a players holding a majority share of the market. The demand for disposable hospital supplies has recently increased in both emerging and developed markets due to various factors, including rise in diseases. This has resulted in a surge in such disposable medical supplies to emerging markets. Some of the key players operating in the global market are:
- Stryker Corp
- Cardinal Health Inc
- Hill-Rom Holdings Inc
- 3M Health Care Ltd
- Steris Corp
- Getinge AB
- Becton Dickinson and Co
- Medline Industries Inc
- Advanced Sterilization Products Services Inc
- Invacare Corporation
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Sunrise Medical (US) LLC
- Ansell Healthcare LLC
- Avanos Medical Inc
Global Disposable Hospital Supplies Market- Research Scope
The disposable hospital supplies market can be segmented on the basis of type, product, application, end-user, and region.
Global Disposable Hospital Supplies Market, by Type
- Feeding Tubes
- Procedure Kits & Trays
Global Disposable Hospital Supplies Market, by Product
- Diagnostic Supplies
- Glucose Monitoring Strips
- Blood Collection Consumables
- Diagnostic Catheters (others)
- Wound Care Consumables
- Infection Management
- Exudate Management
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Devices (NPWT)
- Dialysis Consumables
- Radiology Consumables
- Infusion Products
- Smart Syringes
- Prefilled Syringes
- Intubation & Ventilation Supplies
- Hypodermic Products
- Sterilization Consumables
- Nonwoven Medical Supplies
- Incontinence Products
- Surgical Nonwoven Products
- Other Types
Global Disposable Hospital Supplies Market, by Application
Global Disposable Hospital Supplies Market, by End-user
- Clinics/Physician Offices
- Assisted Living Centers & Nursing Homes
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Research Institutes
Global Disposable Hospital Supplies Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.