Disposable ECG Electrodes Market: Introduction
- The electrical signal from the heart is recorded by an electrocardiogram. Electrodes are placed on the chest to record the heart's electrical signals and to determine the effect of medication, the regularity of heartbeats, and to diagnose the heart rate. The electrical signals are caused due to the heartbeat. Disposable ECG electrode consists of an electrode buckle, conductive gel, and a foam base lining material. ECG electrodes are utilized for various check-ups and medical procedures. They are reliable predictors of ailments and disorders. The onset of different forms of heart disease can be predicted through ECG recordings using the readings and by the calculation of position and size measurements of various chambers of the heart.
- The global disposable ECG electrodes market can be segmented based on product, distribution channel, and region. In terms of product, the market can be categorized into a flat paper-thin sticker and a self-adhesive circular pad. In terms of distribution channel, the market can be categorized into hospitals and clinics, diagnostic centers, and ambulatory surgical centers, and others.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Disposable ECG Electrodes Market
- Increase in prevalence of cardiovascular disorders, all over the world, drives the global disposable ECG electrodes market. Additionally, rise in preference for home and ambulatory healthcare and increase in investments in medical device research propel the global disposable ECG electrodes market.
- The whole world is presently struggling with the COVID-19 pandemic. This infection leads to pneumonia, severe and acute respiratory disorders, multiple organ failure, and in severe cases death. The geriatric population is more prone to COVID-19. According to a journal, The Neurodiagnostic, published in May 2020, disposable ECG electrodes should be used a maximum number of times on patients with COVID-19. This was also stated in updated EEG guidelines stated by the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society (ACNS). This is likely to drive the disposable ECG electrodes market. Governments of developing countries are making significant investments to modernize healthcare infrastructure in their respective countries, which is likely to increase access to healthcare. This is expected to further fuel the global disposable ECG electrodes market. An increase in the prevalence of chronic diseases such as cardiology in developing countries presents lucrative opportunities for the global disposable ECG electrodes market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Disposable ECG Electrodes Market
- The global disposable ECG electrodes market can be segmented into five major regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to account for a dominant share of the global market between 2017 and 2031. This is attributed to an increase in heart diseases. The market in Europe is estimated to expand at a rapid pace from 2021 to 2031. An increase in product launches in countries in Asia Pacific such as Japan and China is likely to drive the demand for disposable ECG electrodes in the next few years.
Key Players Operating in Global Disposable ECG Electrodes Market
The global disposable ECG electrodes market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. Several manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global disposable ECG electrodes market.
Major players operating in the global Disposable ECG Electrodes market are listed below:
- Nikomed USA
- Cardinal Health
- BPL Medical Technologies
- Medico Electrodes International Ltd
- Nissha Medical Technologies
- CareFusion (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
- Ambu A/S
- Bio-Protech inc.
Global Disposable ECG Electrodes Market: Research Scope
Global Disposable ECG Electrodes Market, by Product type
- Paper-Thin Sticker
- Self-Adhesive Circular Pad
Global Disposable ECG Electrodes Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Diagnostic Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Disposable ECG Electrodes Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!