Global Disposable Elastomeric Pumps Market: Overview
- Disposable elastomeric pumps are designed for infusion of low molecular weight drugs such as chemotherapy, anesthetic, analgesic and antibiotic drugs
- Elastomeric pumps use pressure to infuse medication. The pressure is created by an elastomeric layer, which is placed inside of the pump. When the pump is filled, the elastomeric layer gets stretched. The elastic constriction then drives the liquid through the tubing.
- Elastomeric pumps do not require gravity like traditional IVs. These are small, lightweight, portable, ease of use, and offer less interference with sleep, so there is no need to be chained to an IV pole.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers and Restraint of Global Disposable Elastomeric Pumps Market
- Elastomeric pumps have several advantages over conventional delivery systems (syringes/pens/injections). Conventional delivery systems can less accurately deliver drugs and result in greater variability of medication.
- In terms of dosage, elastomeric pumps are accurate and precise compared to injections, provide greater flexibility with daily schedule, and help improve quality of life
- These advantages over conventional delivery systems are projected to drive the global disposable elastomeric pumps market in the near future
- Elastomeric infusion pumps have gained wide acceptance in providing postoperative analgesia in the past few years
- However, the use of elastomeric pumps is not fault free in spite of several advantages. The delivery rate accuracy of disposable elastomeric pumps is low compared to modern electronic infusion pumps.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Disposable Elastomeric Pumps Market
- In terms of region, the global disposable elastomeric pumps market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of World.
- North America dominated the global market during the forecast period. Rise in awareness about effective use of infusion pumps to treat diseases, affordability of infusion devices, increase in use of insulin pumps such as elastromeric, and favorable reimbursement policies are the factors attributed to North America’s dominance of the global market.
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for substantial share of the global market in terms of revenue during the forecast period due to increase in incidence of age-related chronic conditions such as cancer, neurological illnesses, and infectious disease. Moreover, economic growth, higher spending power of the population, and better access to health care services throughout the region are likely to drive the disposable elastomeric pumps market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Disposable Elastomeric Pumps Market
Major players operating in the global disposable elastomeric pumps market are:
- Epic Medical Pte. Ltd.
- Palex Medical SA
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Baxter International, Inc.
- Avanos Medical, Inc.
Global Disposable Elastomeric Pumps Market: Research Scope
Global Disposable Elastomeric Pumps Market, by Infusion Type
- Continuous Rate Elastomeric Pumps
- Variable Rate Elastomeric Pumps
Global Disposable Elastomeric Pumps Market, by Application
- Pain Management
- Chelation Therapy
Global Disposable Elastomeric Pumps Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Home Care Settings
Global Disposable Elastomeric Pumps Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.