Direct Thermal Ticket Paper Market
Direct Thermal Ticket Paper Market (Thickness: Up to 70 GSM, 70 GSM to 90 GSM, 90 GSM to 120 GSM, and Above 120 GSM; Paper Type: Top-coated Paper and Non Top-coated Paper; and Application: Transport Tickets, Admission or Events Tickets, Lottery Tickets, Bill Tickets, Tote & Gaming Tickets, Valet Parking Tickets, Barcode Tickets, Baggage Counter Tickets, and Other Custom Ticketing Applications) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2029
Barcode Tickets for eCommerce Help Offset Sales Dip amid Coronavirus Crisis
The coronavirus crisis has resulted in a slowdown in business activities of the direct thermal ticket paper market similar to most markets and industries. With the 2021 Tokyo Olympics being declared to be held without spectators due to the COVID-19 pandemic, thus affecting major income generating applications of thermal ticket papers including transport tickets, admission tickets, and event tickets. Though new coronavirus variants such as LAMBDA, Delta, and Delta Plus are creating concerns among stakeholders in the value chain, mass vaccination programs are anticipated to improve market sentiments.
Manufacturers in the direct thermal ticket paper market are increasing efforts to diversify their production and supply chains in parking tickets and other custom ticketing applications to keep economies running during the pandemic. The rapid growth of eCommerce and online sales are creating future-proof revenue opportunities for paper manufacturers via barcode tickets and stickers.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Direct Thermal Ticket Paper Market
Direct Thermal Printing V/S Thermal Transfer Printing: Which is Better?
The pros and cons of both direct thermal printing and thermal transfer printing are influencing the growth of the direct thermal ticket paper market. Advantages of direct thermal printing such as sharp images & text, elimination of ink or cartridges, and low maintenance are grabbing the attention of stakeholders. However, only black and white print, instances of dye shortage, and issues in large print runs are affecting the growth of the direct thermal ticket paper market.
Thermal transfer printing, on the other hand, allows color printing, enables working with a wide range of media, and ensures long-lasting durability. However, this type of printing does not allow full-color process printing, requires ribbons to be replaces and the ribbons demand compatibility with printing materials. Thus, manufacturers are weighing the pros and cons to effectively use direct thermal ticket paper in end-use applications.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Innovative Color Developers Used for Top-coated, Non Top-coated Thermal Papers
The global direct thermal ticket paper market is estimated to reach a production of US$ 650 Mn by 2029. Solenis, formerly Ashland Water Technologies, a U.S.-based manufacturer of specialty chemicals, is bolstering the use of PergafastTM 201, a versatile color developer that can be used in all top-coated and non top-coated grades of thermal paper. As such, top-coated papers are projected to account for a higher revenue share as compared to non top-coated papers in the direct thermal ticket paper market.
Innovative color developers are translating into revenue opportunities for paper manufacturers. These color developers are appearing as a viable alternative to bisphenol A (BPA), where the latter is considered to be an endocrine disruptor.
FSC-certified Paper Ensures Excellent Printability, Durability in Extreme Conditions
Apart from event passes and parking tickets, shipping labels, wristbands, and nametags are fueling the demand for direct thermal ticket papers. Sihl - a manufacturer of narrow and large format digital printing media & paper supplies, is gaining recognition for its base papers that are made from bleached pulp free of elemental chlorine and originates from sustainable forestry. Thus, to boost credibility, manufacturers in the direct thermal ticket paper market are producing paper that is FSC (Forest Stewardship Council®) certified.
An increasing number of manufacturers in the direct thermal ticket paper market is avoiding the use of bisphenol A or S for the production of thermal papers. They are increasing the availability of papers that offer excellent printability and durability under extreme external influences and deliver resistance to chemicals. Such quality printing remains clearly legible and protects against counterfeiting. Manufacturers are expanding their portfolio in papers with additional protective coating, which protect thermal function.
High Quality Heat-sensitive Papers Meet Rigorous Environmental Requirements
High quality heat-sensitive papers are being designed specifically for direct thermal printing. Lecta - a supplier of paper-based solutions worldwide, is making use of its high level of production integration to offer heat-sensitive papers for direct thermal printing. Such trends are contributing to the growth of the direct thermal ticket paper market, which is slated to clock a modest CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period. There is a growing demand for heat-sensitive papers that meet high quality standards and comply with rigorous environmental requirements.
Procurement managers and pressure sensitive adhesives manufacturers are always on the pry for attaining high quality heat-sensitive papers that are meant for direct thermal printing. Manufacturers in the direct thermal ticket paper market are increasing their production capabilities to meet end user requirements.
Thermal Printers Grow Popular in Hospitality, Government Organizations
The popularity of compact and portable thermal printers is acting as a key driver of the direct thermal ticket paper market. Several businesses worldwide are relying on printers daily to print all kinds of receipts, contracts, and asset management labels, among others. Technological advancements are making thermal printing a valuable, affordable, and multi-purpose printing method. This printing technology is helping businesses and retailers to meet consumer expectations for service level.
Many stores and users in the hospitality industry, at petroleum stations, and government organizations are using thermal printers. Thus, apart from tickets, manufacturers in the direct thermal ticket paper market are diversifying their production in paper production used in thermal printers. The lesser-known application of thermal printers in underground exploration and geological engineering is helping to expand revenue streams.
Preference for Cost-effective, Fast Speed of Mobile Thermal Printers
Mobile printing is bringing a major change in the direct thermal ticket paper market. Apart from thermal ticker papers, manufacturers are boosting their production capacities in direct thermal receipt rolls, owing to the popularity of mobile printing. These rolls help to print on-the-move with the help of mobile receipt printers. A wide range of printing applications, such as mPOS (mobile point of sale) receipts, tickets, and fines is helping manufacturers in the direct thermal ticket paper market to expand their revenue streams.
Print logos, barcodes, and text applications are being made possible with mobile printing. Cost effectiveness, fast printing speed, and easy to use features of mobile thermal printers are fueling the demand for direct thermal ticket papers.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Direct Thermal Ticket Paper Market
Mobile printing and eCommerce are helping manufacturers in the direct thermal ticket paper market to revive business activities during the ongoing coronavirus crisis. However, the direct thermal printing is subject to disadvantages such as sensitivity toward light, potential dye shortage, and issues in large print runs. Hence, companies should diversify their manufacturing capabilities in paper for thermal transfer printing and weigh the pros & cons of the former with direct thermal printing to capitalize on respective end-use applications. Manufacturers should increase the availability of FSC-certified papers.
Direct Thermal Ticket Paper Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the direct thermal ticket paper market for the historical period of 2015-2020 and forecast period of 2021-2029, rising complaints of counterfeits leading to revenue losses as well as security lapses in public transport tickets are expected to drive the market of direct thermal ticket papers across the world
- Globally, the revenue generated by the direct thermal ticket paper market is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~4%, in terms of value, during the forecast period
Rise in Casinos, Gambling: Key Growth Driver
- Europe, GCC Countries, and North America have seen enormous rise in the number of casinos in recent times. This scenario has led to a huge growth in the demand for betting slips, entrance tickets, cash coupons, lottery tickets, etc.
- Direct thermal ticket paper has features such as maximum durability, good suitability for pre-printing, high dynamic sensitivity, and most importantly, reliable security, which make it ideal for these ticketing purposes. Hence, the perpetual growth in gambling has produced more demand for direct thermal ticket paper.
- Therefore, tote & gaming tickets application segment is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5% by the end of 2029
Innovative Alternatives to BPA-free Thermal Ticket Paper Due to Hazardous Impact of BPA Material
- Service providers/brand owners are sincerely looking for substitutions for BPA-based epoxy coatings. Furthermore, this is fundamentally inspired by the escalating interest of customers to bypass BPA, including thermal paper/receipts.
- Throughout the research, few non-phenol substitutes were found to replace BPA in thermal papers, which are mentioned as below:
- Ascorbic Acid
- Urea Urethane
- As a result, companies are bound to switch from chemically reactive BPA thermal paper products to offer BPA-free thermal paper for their ticketing purposes; otherwise, consumer transition will create a negative impact on their overall brand value and net sales
- Some of the leading manufacturers of direct thermal papers such as Koehler Paper Group, Appvion Operations, Inc., etc. are up with different alternatives to BPA
Increased Clarity, HD Print Support Adoption of Direct Thermal Ticket Papers
- Growing prevalence of thermal paper for ticketing in gaming, transport, and admission/event applications is increasing considerably. Direct thermal ticket paper manages to render a clear and sharper image through special coating on them.
- Use of thermal paper in ticketing is growing in industries where forgeries/counterfeits are the key concerns among service providers
- For instance, the thermal paper used for ticketing purposes is generally equipped with proper printing (accurate and solid position of black sensor mark), die-cut, and perforation (clean & smooth cut for die cut & perforation) leading to a finished product
Direct Thermal Ticket Paper Market: Key Findings
- Among various applications, the transport tickets segment is estimated to account for more than 60% of the market share by the end of 2029. There is a high demand of direct thermal ticket paper in making tickets, ATM receipts, etc., as they promise to offer durable and anti-counterfeit ticketing solutions.
- The top-coated paper type category in the direct thermal ticket paper market accounts for majority of the market share, in terms of value. Top-coated paper are more resistant to scratches, moisture, light, chemicals, and other contaminants than non-top-coated paper and that is why they are preferred more.
- Among various thickness, up to 70 GSM are anticipated to grow at CAGR up to 4.9% during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific market is foreseen to outbid other regions in the global direct thermal ticket paper market. This market is projected to generate a maximum incremental opportunity of US$ 86.1 Mn over the next eight years, and anticipated to observe a gain of 270bps of current market share by 2029.
Direct Thermal Ticket Paper Market: Competition Landscape
- The global direct thermal ticket paper market is highly fragmented in nature wherein large market share is held by domestic and local market players. Some of the key players operating in the global direct thermal ticket paper market are
- Domtar Corporation
- Nippon Paper Group
- Ricoh Company Ltd.
- Oji Holdings Corporation
- UPM-Kymmene Oyj
- AhlstromMunksjö Oyj
- The tier structure is formulated on the basis of segmental revenue and market share of the company. As per the tier structure, Nippon Paper Group, Ricoh Company Ltd., and Oji Holdings Corporation are Tier 1 players in the direct thermal ticket paper market. These players are focusing on expansion of their production capacity, acquiring local players to strengthen their customer base and enhancing their product quality to increase its footprint across the globe. Tier 2 players include UPM-Kymmene Oyj, AhlstromMunksjö Oyj, and Domtar Corporation.
COVID–19 to Augment Demand for Direct Thermal Ticket Papers
- Ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a middling impact on the growth of the global direct thermal ticket papers market
- COVID-19 pandemic has led to a ban on travel, transportation, events, theatres, etc. to avoid crowd and practice social distancing to limit contact by introducing the online options. This is anticipated to decrease the demand for direct thermal ticket paper in the market.
- Furthermore, increased consumer awareness and need for hygiene have grown dramatically after the spread of virus. The pandemic has resulted in isolation of consumers at home where a brand hardly has any physical connection with the consumer.
- However, post pandemic is likely to create positive impact as new guidelines regarding travel and events imposed gradually are anticipated to intensify the sales of direct thermal ticket paper
Direct Thermal Ticket Paper Market – Scope of Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global direct thermal ticket paper market, providing forecast for the period of 2021-2029. In the study, growth opportunity for the direct thermal ticket paper market is witnessed. The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the direct thermal ticket paper market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Direct Thermal Ticket Paper Market
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on the direct thermal ticket paper market?
- Which end users will be the most lucrative for direct thermal ticket paper?
- What will be market size of direct thermal ticket paper by the end of 2029?
- Which is the most preferred paper type for direct thermal ticket paper in the global market?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for market growth?
- Which are the top five countries of direct thermal ticket paper market?
- Who are major key players in the direct thermal ticket paper market?
Key indicators associated with the direct thermal ticket paper market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global direct thermal ticket paper market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes component suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users have been incorporated in the global market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of direct thermal ticket paper. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the direct thermal ticket paper market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the direct thermal ticket paper market are provided on the basis of thickness, paper type, application, and regions.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments have been provided in the report. The direct thermal ticket paper market has been analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the direct thermal ticket paper market, in tandem with the dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players have also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of direct thermal ticket paper manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end users for direct thermal ticket paper.
The report includes company overview of key players. Some of the key companies profiled in the direct thermal ticket paper market report include Appvion Operations, Inc., Domtar Corporation, Mitsubishi Paper Mills (MPM) Limited, SIHL INC., Nippon Paper Group, Ricoh Company Ltd., Oji Holdings Corporation, Hansol Paper., Ltd., UPM-Kymmene Oyj, AhlstromMunksjö Oyj, Papierfabrik August Koehler SE, Henan Province JiangHe Paper Co., Ltd., TELE-PAPER (M) SDN. BHD., Rotolificio Bergamasco Srl, Nath Paper & Pulp Mills Ltd., and Telemark Corporation.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the direct thermal ticket paper market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the direct thermal ticket paper market. The report has undergone a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the direct thermal ticket paper market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Direct Thermal Ticket Paper Market – Segmentation
The global direct thermal ticket paper market has been divided on the basis of thickness, paper type, application, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with holistic view of the market.