Dilation Catheter Market: Introduction
- Dilation catheter is a tube-shaped medical device, which is inserted into body cavities for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. Dilation catheters are made of medical grade materials such as polyvinyl chloride (PVC), plastic, nylon, latex, and silicon rubber.
- Dilation catheters are used for widening or opening of narrowed or obstructed body lumens such as veins. They are also used as a tool to dilate lumens for easy access and further insertion of other therapeutic or diagnostic devices.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Dilation Catheter Market
- Several individuals are suffering from cardiovascular, neurological, and other disorders. This has resulted in increase in demand for dilation catheters.
- Geriatric population is expected to increase the patient pool worldwide and demand for minimally invasive procedures, which, in turn, is projected to drive the global dilation catheter market during the forecast period. Based on the United Nations Report in 2017, geriatric population aged 60 years and above, is expected to grow two-fold by 2050. The number is projected to reach 2.1 billion by 2050, an increase from 962 million in 2017. Furthermore, the geriatric patient pool in developing regions, such as Latin America, Asia, and Africa, is anticipated to rise rapidly. For instance, the number of geriatric people in developing regions is estimated to increase by 154% between 2017 and 2050, exceeding 1.6 billion by 2050.
- Government initiatives to promote better hospital facilities, increase in strategic collaborations, along with mergers and acquisitions, strong product pipeline, and rise in applications of dilation catheters are likely to drive the global dilation catheter market. In 2018, Surmodics Inc., a provider of medical device and in-vitro diagnostic technologies, received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration 510(k) clearance for its low-profile percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) balloon dilation catheter, designed and indicated for a broad range of peripheral vascular applications.
- Stringent regulatory requirements and product recalls are major factors restraining the global dilation catheter market. In April 2019, Edwards Lifesciences recalled miller and fogarty atrioseptostomy dilation catheters due to balloon deflation, fragmentation, and detachment issue. Medtronic voluntarily recalled certain balloon dilation catheters that have proven difficult to remove from patients’ bodies.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Dilation Catheter Market Report from this Brochure
Cardiovascular Indication Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Various types of dilation catheters available for different indications in the global market are cardiovascular, urology, intravenous, other, and neurovascular. Of these, the demand for cardiovascular is projected to remain the highest. High prevalence of cardiovascular diseases and rise in the number of surgeries pertaining to treating the same are driving the cardiovascular indication segment.
- The World Health Organization states that cardiovascular diseases are the main cause of deaths across the world. Statistics revealed by WHO states that 17.7 million deaths were recorded due to cardiovascular diseases in 2015. These alarming figures are projected to be the primary growth driver for use of dilation catheters in the cardiovascular segment. Furthermore, increase in demand for minimally invasive procedures has also supported market growth.
Hospitals End-user Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- On the basis of end-user, the global dilation catheters market can be segmented into ambulatory surgical centers, hospitals, clinics, and others. Of these, the hospitals segment dominates the global market, as dilation catheters are mainly used in hospitals.
- Hospitals segment will continue to dominate the global market during the forecast period due to the growing number of private and government-run hospitals
North America to Lead Global Dilation Catheter Market
- In terms of region, the global dilation catheters market can be segmented into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa.
- North America is expected to lead the dilation catheters market. The North America dilation catheters market is driven by a well-established health care infrastructure in the region. This has led to a rise in the number of catheterization procedures, thereby boosting the regional market’s share.
- This market in Europe is projected to expand due to the growing patient pool of geriatric population, high incidences of lifestyle disorders, technological advancements and acceptance of the same are expected to keep these two regional markets motivated throughout the forecast period
- Asia Pacific dilation catheters market too is expected to witness rapid growth rate, owing to rise in medical tourism, increasing efforts by the governments of the developing countries to better the healthcare infrastructure, and technological advancements
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Dilation Catheter Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Dilation Catheter Market
The global market for dilation catheters is moderately fragmented with market players focusing on strategically important partnerships, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and product launched. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Cook Medical
- Terumo Corporation
- Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Becton Dickinson & Company
- Urotronic Inc.
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Edwards Life Sciences
Global Dilation Catheter Market Scope
Global Dilation Catheter Market, by Indication
Global Dilation Catheter Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Dilation Catheter Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.