Dilation Catheter Market: Introduction
- Dilation catheter is a tube-shaped medical device, which is inserted into body cavities for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. Dilation catheters are made of medical grade materials such as polyvinyl chloride (PVC), plastic, nylon, latex, and silicon rubber.
- Dilation catheters are used for widening or opening of narrowed or obstructed body lumens such as veins. They are also used as a tool to dilate lumens for easy access and further insertion of other therapeutic or diagnostic devices.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Dilation Catheter Market
- Several individuals are suffering from cardiovascular, neurological, and other disorders. This has resulted in increase in demand for dilation catheters.
- Geriatric population is expected to increase the patient pool worldwide and demand for minimally invasive procedures, which, in turn, is projected to drive the global dilation catheter market during the forecast period. Based on the United Nations Report in 2017, geriatric population aged 60 years and above, is expected to grow two-fold by 2050. The number is projected to reach 2.1 billion by 2050, an increase from 962 million in 2017. Furthermore, the geriatric patient pool in developing regions, such as Latin America, Asia, and Africa, is anticipated to rise rapidly. For instance, the number of geriatric people in developing regions is estimated to increase by 154% between 2017 and 2050, exceeding 1.6 billion by 2050.
- Government initiatives to promote better hospital facilities, increase in strategic collaborations, along with mergers and acquisitions, strong product pipeline, and rise in applications of dilation catheters are likely to drive the global dilation catheter market. In 2018, Surmodics Inc., a provider of medical device and in-vitro diagnostic technologies, received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration 510(k) clearance for its low-profile percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) balloon dilation catheter, designed and indicated for a broad range of peripheral vascular applications.
- Stringent regulatory requirements and product recalls are major factors restraining the global dilation catheter market. In April 2019, Edwards Lifesciences recalled miller and fogarty atrioseptostomy dilation catheters due to balloon deflation, fragmentation, and detachment issue. Medtronic voluntarily recalled certain balloon dilation catheters that have proven difficult to remove from patients’ bodies.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Dilation Catheter Market Report from this Brochure
Cardiovascular Indication Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Various types of dilation catheters available for different indications in the global market are cardiovascular, urology, intravenous, other, and neurovascular. Of these, the demand for cardiovascular is projected to remain the highest. High prevalence of cardiovascular diseases and rise in the number of surgeries pertaining to treating the same are driving the cardiovascular indication segment.
- The World Health Organization states that cardiovascular diseases are the main cause of deaths across the world. Statistics revealed by WHO states that 17.7 million deaths were recorded due to cardiovascular diseases in 2015. These alarming figures are projected to be the primary growth driver for use of dilation catheters in the cardiovascular segment. Furthermore, increase in demand for minimally invasive procedures has also supported market growth.
Hospitals End-user Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- On the basis of end-user, the global dilation catheters market can be segmented into ambulatory surgical centers, hospitals, clinics, and others. Of these, the hospitals segment dominates the global market, as dilation catheters are mainly used in hospitals.
- Hospitals segment will continue to dominate the global market during the forecast period due to the growing number of private and government-run hospitals
North America to Lead Global Dilation Catheter Market
- In terms of region, the global dilation catheters market can be segmented into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa.
- North America is expected to lead the dilation catheters market. The North America dilation catheters market is driven by a well-established health care infrastructure in the region. This has led to a rise in the number of catheterization procedures, thereby boosting the regional market’s share.
- This market in Europe is projected to expand due to the growing patient pool of geriatric population, high incidences of lifestyle disorders, technological advancements and acceptance of the same are expected to keep these two regional markets motivated throughout the forecast period
- Asia Pacific dilation catheters market too is expected to witness rapid growth rate, owing to rise in medical tourism, increasing efforts by the governments of the developing countries to better the healthcare infrastructure, and technological advancements
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Dilation Catheter Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Dilation Catheter Market
The global market for dilation catheters is moderately fragmented with market players focusing on strategically important partnerships, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and product launched. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Cook Medical
- Terumo Corporation
- Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Becton Dickinson & Company
- Urotronic Inc.
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Edwards Life Sciences
Global Dilation Catheter Market Scope
Global Dilation Catheter Market, by Indication
Global Dilation Catheter Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Dilation Catheter Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.