Diisodecyl Phthalate: Introduction
- Diisodecyl phthalate (DIDP) is a regularly used plasticizer. The compounds derived from the esterification of phthalic acid and isomeric decyl alcohols are mixed to form Diisodecyl phthalate. It is significantly employed in the production of plastic and plastic coating to increase flexibility. Variety of products including coating on furnishings, pharmaceutical pills, cookware, food wrappers, and many other products contain Diisodecyl phthalate or other phthalates in their composition.
- Phthalates are a group of synthetic chemicals that are dialkyl or aryl/alkyl diesters of phthalic acid. Since ages, phthalates have been extensively utilized in the chemical industry in the manufacturing of polymers and a variety of consumer products. According to Journal of Environmental and Public Health, currently more than 12 billion lbs of phthalates are produced annually worldwide, most of which is used in the production of Diisononyl Phthalate (DINP) and Diisodecyl phthalate (DIDP).
- Di (2-ethylhexyl) phthalate DEHP is toxic to human health; thus, stringent government regulations in North America and Europe regarding the usage of DEHP in consumer products have resulted in its substitution with other less toxic phthalates.
- Notable amounts of Diisodecyl phthalate are found in several industrial and consumer products such as construction materials, electrical wires and cables, automotive parts, clothing, and furniture.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Diisodecyl Phthalate Market
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is a widely used polymer in flooring & wall covering, wires & cables, films & sheets, coated fabrics, and consumer goods applications. PVC finds application in various industries such as building & construction, automotive, electronics, medical, and consumer goods. It is available at a lower price and is easily recyclable with resistance to environmental degradation, corrosive inorganic chemicals, UV rays, acids, and alkalis. Extensive growth of the commercial building & construction industry and the emergence of high-end real estate is expected to drive the demand for PVC and, subsequently fuel the demand for DIDP, especially in the building & construction industry in developing countries of Asia Pacific.
Diisodecyl Phthalate: Application Segment
- Based on application, the Diisodecyl phthalate market can be segmented into flooring & wall covering, wires & cables, films & sheets, coated fabrics, consumer goods, and others (medical devices, paints, inks, adhesives, sealants, and lacquers).
- The flooring & wall covering segment is projected to hold significant market share during the forecast period, owing to the increasing demand from the construction sector.
- The consumer goods segment is expected to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period.
Covid-19 Impact on Diisodecyl Phthalate Market
- Since the COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 100 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency. The global impact of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is already starting to show, and will significantly impact the Diisodecyl phthalate market in 2020.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a swift and severe negative impact on globally integrated industries such as the automotive sector, by hampering the supply chain significantly. It is also expected to hamper manufacturing, distribution, and supply of Diisodecyl phthalate considerably.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Diisodecyl Phthalate
- In terms of region, the global Diisodecyl phthalate market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is projected to register significant growth in the global Diisodecyl phthalate market during the forecast period. Demand for DIDP is rising in developing economies such as China and India. Growth of the Diisodecyl phthalate market in Asia Pacific is mainly driven by its high demand in the building & construction industry. Rising population and growing end-use industries have led to innovation and development of various applications of DIDP in the construction industry, making Asia Pacific an important industrial hub, globally.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Diisodecyl Phthalate Market
The global diisodecyl phthalate market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global diisodecyl phthalate market include:
- ExxonMobil Chemical
- Evonik Industries
- Aekyung Petrochemical
- LG Chem
- KH Neochem
- KLJ GROUP
- Nan Ya Plastics
- UPC Group
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
Global Diisodecyl Phthalate Market: Research Scope
Global Diisodecyl Phthalate Market, by Application
- Flooring & wall covering
- Wires & cables
- Films & sheets
- Coated fabrics
- Consumer goods
- Others (medical devices, paints, inks, adhesives, sealants, and lacquers)
Global Diisodecyl Phthalate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.