Digital Semiconductors Market: Introduction
- The semiconductor industry can be broadly divided into analog semiconductor products and digital semiconductor products. Analog semiconductors control ‘real world’ functions such as temperature, speed, sound, and electrical current.
- Digital semiconductors process binary information used by computers. Mixed signal devices have both analog and digital functions on a single chip to enable digital electronics to communicate with the outside world.
- Mixed signal devices combine analogue and digital functions on a single chip to enable digital electronics to communicate with the outside world
- Manufacturers of analog semiconductors generally require less production investment, as their systems are less dependent on state-of-the-art production systems for the production of the latest process technologies than digital manufacturers.
- The analog industry relies more on designers and application experts to differentiate their products than the digital industry
- Advances in digital processing technologies typically require advances in analog and mixed-signal solutions.
- Digital semiconductors are used in various applications in televisions, refrigerators, washing machines, digital cameras, smartphones, etc.
Rising Demand for Digital Semiconductors in Consumer Electronics Industry
- Based on end-use industry, the market can be segmented into consumer electronics, telecommunication, semiconductor, gaming, automotive, industrial, and others
- The consumer electronics segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to the increasing use of digital semiconductors in refrigerator, smartphones, washing machine, television and digital cameras, etc.
- Semiconductors also play a vital role in the operation of bank ATMs, trains, the internet, communications and other parts of social infrastructure, such as the medical network used for the care of geriatric population, which in turn is boosting the consumer electronics industry.
- Progress in artificial intelligence (AI) is fueling the demand for semiconductors and thus growth and innovation in the automotive industry. However, the future also holds opportunities for new and exciting applications of semiconductor technology within current industries.
- Increasing use of digital semiconductors for advanced technology in artificial intelligence, 5G, Internet of Things (IoT) is further propelling the market
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Digital Semiconductors Market
- In terms of region, the global digital semiconductors market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The digital semiconductors market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high growth rate during the forecast period.
- Increase in applications of digital semiconductors in the automotive industry because of rising use of car mounted semiconductor devices in advance driver assistance systems (ADAS) and surge in innovation and advanced technology in the semiconductor industry fuel the digital semiconductors market
- Development of fifth-generation (5G) wireless cellular technology is projected to boost the use of semiconductors in the communications industry. Demand for semiconductors is likely to increase, owing to an increase in the demand for video gaming consoles and televisions with high-quality video streaming.
- The digital semiconductors market in Asia Pacific is also expected to expand due to the presence of major players in the region and increased competition among them. The market in North America is likely to expand at a consistent pace during the forecast period due to a limited number of manufacturers in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Digital Semiconductors Market
Major players operating in global digital semiconductors market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to cater to the rising demand for digital semiconductors. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative and advanced technology.
Key players operating in the global digital semiconductors market include:
- Intel Corporation
- SK Hynix INC
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited
- Micron Technology, Inc.
- Broadcom Inc.
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
- Texas Instruments Incorporated.
- NVIDIA Corporation
- Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC
- ASE Group.
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc
- Analog Devices, Inc
- Microchip Technology Inc.
Global Digital Semiconductors Market: Research Scope
Global Digital Semiconductors Market, by Memory Type
- Others (PROM, EEPROM, etc.)
Global Digital Semiconductors Market, by Application
- Digital camera
- Washing machine
- Others (Refrigerator, LED Bulb, etc.)
Global Digital Semiconductors Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronic
- Others (Automotive, Gaming etc.)
Global Digital Semiconductors Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!