Digital Light Processing is a new way to display and project information. The Texas Instrument, based on the digital micro mirror device, first developed this technology. Digital light processing technology is used for front and back projection units. This technology is mainly based on an optical semiconductor called as Digital Micromirror Device (DMD) that uses mirrors to reflect light to make the picture. These mirrors are made of aluminum and are positioned in a semiconductor chip. The digital micromirror device is referred to as DLP chip. This chip can be easily held in our hand and contains more than 2 million mirrors that measures less than that of the one fifth of the width of the human hair. Generally the size of the micromirror pitch is less than 5.4µm. The digital micromirror device is a square chip based on Random Access Memory (RAM). On every memory location, there are number of microscopic mirrors. These mirrors sets the resolution for the chip, one mirror equals to the one pixel. The working principle of a DMD chip consists of a combination of application of electrical, mechanical, and optical engineering.
The major driving factor that boosts the growth of the digital light processing chipset market is the sealed imaging chip and filter free chips. Most of the digital light processing projectors have DLP chips, eliminating the chances of dust particles to enter into the projected image. Also, the DLP chips operate without air filters, thus reducing the maintenance, since there is no need to clean the filter. One of the major restraining factor that restricts the growth of the digital light processing chipset is the high cost of the chipset. However, due to the new DLP chip applications such as LED pico projectors, that fits in the palm of our hand and has the size of the mobile phone is expected to contribute towards the growth of the digital light processing chipset market.
Some of the major players in global digital light processing chipset market are OSRAM Opto Semiconductors GmbH and Texas Instruments Incorporated. Also, other market players are expected to enter in the global digital light processing chipset market in the forecast period
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.