Digital Instrument Transformer: Introduction
- Digital instrument transformer refers to electronic transformation of optical signals in digital measurements that are directly usable by digital intelligent electronic devices in digital substations. Digital instrument transformer includes current transformer optical unit, voltage transformer optical unit, and combined (current and voltage) measurement optical unit.
- Digital instrument transformer differs from conventional instrument transformers, as it cannot provide low-voltage analog output to secondary devices
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Digital Instrument Transformer Market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Digital Instrument Transformer Market
- Rise in demand for electricity, primarily in developing countries such as India and China, due to rapid industrialization & urbanization, and increase in concern to maintain grid stability are expected to drive the global digital instrument transformer market. Digital instrument transformer is used in AC and DC systems for measurement of electrical parameters such as power factor, frequency, voltage, current, and energy.
- Conventional instrument transformer is delicate in design. A complex industrial process is required to ensure its quality. The complexity associated with instrument transformer has increased the attention of manufacturers in designing cost-effective instrument transformers. This is projected to stimulate the global digital instrument transformer market between 2020 and 2030.
- Investment in upgrade & replacement of aging distribution infrastructure is expected to propel the global digital instrument transformer market during the forecast period. Furthermore, introduction of several rural electrification program is anticipated to boost the market in the near future.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Power Demand
- Governments of various countries have restricted the movement of goods & individuals and halted operations of production facilities as part of measures to limit the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. This has hampered the consumption of electricity across the world. For instance, according to the short-term outlook of the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), electricity consumption in the U.S. is expected to decrease by a record 4.6% by the end of 2020, as businesses have shut down temporarily due to government lockdowns to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.
Power Utility and Industries & OEM End-user Segments Expected to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- The global digital instrument transformer market can be segmented based on end-user and region
- Based on end-user, the global digital instrument transformer market can be segregated into power utility, railway, industries & OEMs, and others. The power utility segment is anticipated to expand significantly due to the increase in investments in development of power generation facilities in order to meet the rising demand for electricity.
North America Expected to Constitute Major Share of Global Digital Instrument Transformer Market
- In terms of region, the global digital instrument transformer market can be divided into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- North America is projected to dominate the digital instrument transformer market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the rise in investment in refurbishment of existing power grid infrastructure to improve the quality of power supply and to carry out efficient operations across transmission and distribution networks.
- The digital instrument transformer market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to the introduction of rural electrification program. Strong economic growth, rapid industrialization, and improvement in standard of living are some of the prominent factors driving the demand for electricity across the region, majorly in developing nations.
- Europe is also projected to hold vital share of the global digital instrument transformer market during the forecast period due to ongoing investments in development of renewable technologies, such as solar, wind, and hydro, to meet the continuously rising demand for electricity across the region
- The digital instrument transformer market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand during the forecast period due to ongoing investment in development of hydropower plant across the region
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Major Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global digital instrument transformer market include:
- General Electric Company
- Trench Group
- W.W. Grainger, Inc.
Global Digital Instrument Transformer Market: Research Scope
Global Digital Instrument Transformer Market, by End-user
- Power Utility
- Industries & OEMs
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.