Digital Dentistry Market: Introduction
- Digital dentistry refers to the use of dental technologies or systems that include digital or computer-controlled components rather than mechanical or electrical tools to perform dental treatments. Digital dentistry can make dental procedures for restorative and diagnostic purposes more efficient than utilizing mechanical instruments.
- CAD/CAM (both laboratory and clinician controlled), computer-assisted implant dentistry (including fabrication and design of surgical guides), lasers, intraoral & extraoral photography, and other aspects of digital dentistry are accessible. Many other aspects of digital dentistry are being investigated. Technologies are being introduced that help to make dentistry easier, faster, and better, which is an important development in the digital dentistry market.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Digital Dentistry Market
- The global digital dentistry market is driven by increased capability for providing efficient care by various dentists across the world. The growing need of improved dental and better aesthetic outcomes is a prominent trend in the market. Patients in both developed and developing economies are willing to invest in dental care when disposable income rises.
- The steady transition from dental artificial replacements to those produced using advanced CAD and CAM procedures is anticipated to boost the growth of the global digital dentistry market. Decline in costs has resulted in the benefits of adopting specific technology being translated into more visible market growth. However, high cost associated with digital dentistry is likely to act as a restraint of the global market in the next few years.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected the global digital dentistry market. CAD/CAM materials were the hardest hit in the market. Elective dental procedures were postponed during the peak months of the pandemic. Consequently, manufacturers' capacity to sell CAD/CAM blocks and discs was severely limited, resulting in a loss in market revenue.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Digital Dentistry Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global digital dentistry market. Increase in the number of dental practices & hospitals, technological improvements, aging population, and presence of leading companies are anticipated to boost the growth of the market in the region.
- The digital dentistry market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increase in population and rise in awareness about the importance of oral health among people.
Key Players Operating in Global Digital Dentistry Market
The global digital dentistry market is highly competitive. Product features, reliability, customer service, price, brand awareness, and distribution network contribute to the competitiveness. Major players operating in the global are:
- 3M ESPE
- Planmeca Group
- Biolase Technology
- AstraZeneca Group
- Other prominent players
Global Digital Dentistry Market: Research Scope
Global Digital Dentistry Market, by Component
Global Digital Dentistry Market, by End-user
- Dental Clinics
- Diagnostic Centers
Global Digital Dentistry Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!