Digital Crosspoint Switches Market: Introduction
- A digital crosspoint is a device that can switch any of its inputs to any of its outputs. Inputs and outputs are digital, active, and are not bidirectional.
- Digital crosspoint switches are available in a variety of sizes and can even be up to 20x20 in size on a single chip. '20x20' means 20 inputs to 20 outputs, any of the 20 inputs could connect to any of the 20 outputs. A digital crosspoint is usually oriented toward high-speed signal switching, with some crosspoints being able to switch 12Gbits/s or higher data rates.
- An important characteristic of crosspoint switches is that they can interface to high-speed signaling standards. These inputs and outputs are referred to as receivers and transmitters respectively.
- Crosspoints are typically utilized in applications such as fiber optic network switching, SONET C-192/STM-64x, 10Gbit Ethernet, and SDI video. Digital communications standards require low noise, referred to as jitter. Crosspoints are designed to minimize how much phase jitter they add to a signal. For a Crosspoint to be able to be used, the combined phase jitter must be less than the communications standards maximum jitter specifications.
- Digital crosspoint switches direct the flow of internet traffic between computers on a network. Digital crosspoint switches offer a central connection in any communication network, where connected device has a dedicated link with full operational bandwidth. Switches split LAN data into smaller packets and send it to the destination. Every port on the switch represents a dedicated 10/100 ME and 1.5/11/45 Gbps pathway. The pathway reduces jilter and crosstalk in the socket board and enables single-ended voltage swing.
Rise in demand for high speed network and increase in internet usage
- Digitization across all sectors has fueled the use of internet, which in turn is estimated to drive the market for digital crosspoint switch. The need for broadband networks and data centers has increased as user databases are increasing consistently. The cloud computing and large infrastructure storage are major applications of digital crosspoint switches. These switches are ideal for WDM, enterprise, and metro networking systems commonly employed by Internet service providers, data centers, telecom central offices, and storage area networks. These switches are also suited for broadcast video applications.
Asia Pacific to Hold Notable Share of Global Market
Asia Pacific is a highly lucrative region of the global digital crosspoint switch market. Increase in population is driving network traffic in voice and data, which in turn is likely to boost the market in the region.
The market in North America is estimated to expand at a rapid pace due to adoption of innovations with changing technologies and conditions in the telecommunication industry in the region.
The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is also estimated to expand at a rapid pace due increase in internet users and expansion of network infrastructure in these regions
Key Players Operating in Digital Crosspoint Switches Market
The key players in the global cross point switch market are making new product developments. This is projected to fuel demand and revenues of players operating in the market.
Key players include:
- Texas Instruments
- NXP semiconductors
- Maxim Integrated
- Analog Devices
- On semiconductor
- LSI Corporation
- Hittite Microwave Corporation
- Intersil Corporation
- Micrel Inc
- Semtech Corporation
Digital Crosspoint Switches Market Scope
Digital Crosspoint Switches Market, by Type (Form Factor)
- 2*2 To 12*12
- 12*12 To 64*64
Digital Crosspoint Switches Market, by Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Space and defense
Digital Crosspoint Switches Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.