Dielectric Fluid Market: Overview
- A dielectric fluid can be defined as a dielectric material in liquid state. Its key purpose is to prevent or rapidly quench electric discharges.
- Dielectric liquids are employed as electric insulators in high-voltage applications, for example, capacitors, transformers, high-voltage cables, and high-voltage switchgears
- Dielectric fluids are also used in different liquid-filled electric equipment to attain biodegradability, fire safety, oxygen stability, and high performance over a wide range of temperatures
- A dielectric fluid can be used in the wire electrical discharge machining (EDM) process, as it can act as a semiconductor placed between the energized wire and the work piece to maintain stable and controlled conditions for ionization in the spark gap
- A dielectric fluid performs several key functions in the EDM process. It cools heated surfaces of electrodes and exerts counter pressure onto the expanding plasma channel. Moreover, the fluid isolates the tool electrode from the work piece electrode for achieving high current density in the plasma channel.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Dielectric Fluid Market
- A major driving factor for the global dielectric fluid market is increasing use of transformers in various applications such as residential, commercial, and industrial. Moreover, in order to reduce short circuit and transmission losses during high-voltage transmission, liquid-immersed transformers are used. These transformers have mineral oil as an electric insulating medium.
- Rise in the demand for clean fuels and limited availability of naturally occurring uranium are expected to boost the demand for dielectric fluid across the globe
- Growth of the global aviation industry can also be considered a driver of the global dielectric fluid market, as dielectric fluid is used in the manufacture of several aerospace components
- Rising scope for use of dielectric fluid in the tool & die industry, the mold industry, regulators, hardware, and valves is expected to drive the global dielectric fluid market during the forecast period
- In the recent years, owing to several benefits of dielectric fluid such as low viscosity, rapid heat dissipation, high flash point, and oxidation resistance, the global market for dielectric fluid has expanded and the trend is anticipated to continue throughout the forecast period
Key Developments and Policies
- According to an article published in Automotive News Europe in October 2019, Shell had plans to introduce a hydrocarbon fluid
- In April 2018, Cargill presented its Envirotemp range of dielectric fluids at the 2018 IEEE PES T&D Expo. The Envirotemp FR3 fluid is a natural ester derived from renewable vegetable oils, which provides improved fire safety, long transformer life, and environmental benefits.
- In February 2017, Prolec GE developed VG-100 as a part of its efforts to expand its portfolio of eco-friendly products. VG-100 is a natural ester fluid made from soy seeds, which can be safely used in electric transformers. This patented dielectric fluid is 100% biodegradable, completely natural and non-toxic, and free from any additives or toxic compounds.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Dielectric Fluid
- In terms of region, the global dielectric fluid market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a key market for dielectric fluid during the forecast period. Rapid industrialization led by the government support for growth of automotive and electrical industries is driving the market in the region. Moreover, continuously growing population in the region and increased interest of people in owning a vehicle are augmenting the use of dielectric fluid in Asia Pacific.
- In Europe, growth of the aerospace & defense industry is driving the dielectric fluid market in the region
- In Latin America, the automotive industry in major countries such as Brazil and Mexico is witnessing significant growth. The industry uses dielectric fluid as a lubricant and for cooling of fan assemblies in automobiles. This factor is driving the dielectric fluid market in the region.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Global Ma Dielectric Fluid Market
Key players operating in the global dielectric fluid market are:
- 3M Company
- Cargill, Incorporated
- PROLEC GE
- M&I Materials Ltd.
- Repsol S.A.
- Shrieve Chemical Company
- Soltex Inc. D.
Global Dielectric Fluid Market: Research Scope
Global Dielectric Fluid Market, by Type
Global Dielectric Fluid Market, by Application
Global Dielectric Fluid Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.