Die-cast Toys: Introduction
- Die-cast toys are collectable models produced by using the die casting method. It involves putting molten zinc alloy or lead in a mold to manufacture a model in a particular shape. Such types of models are ideally made of metals. Most common die-cast toys are generally scale models of automobiles, aircraft, military vehicles, construction equipment, and trains.
- Die-cast toys become more valuable with age and with the growing number of collectors. These toys are generally sold as collections rather than individual items, as they are made in a small number with perfection.
Key Drivers of the Global Die-cast Toys Market
- Increasing trend of designer toys as collectable items is one of the key factors driving the global die-cast toys market. Growing interest in collectable items worldwide is anticipated to fuel the global demand for die-cast toys during the forecast period. Additionally, increasing popularity of automobiles has led to increase in the demand for miniature car models. Furthermore, popularity of die-cast toys, especially vintage car models as well as models of limited-edition cars, has surged over the last few years, which has made them highly valuable for collectors.
- Furthermore, high resale value of collectable die-cast scale models is anticipated to boost the demand for die-cast toys worldwide in the next few years. With increasing purchasing power of individuals, the demand for die-cast toys is anticipated to rise further during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Expanding Geographical Presence of Key Global Players to Offer Attractive Opportunities to the Global Die-cast Toys Market
- Die-cast toys are more popular in the western countries. The U.S. and countries in Europe such as the U.K. have a larger number of die-cast toy collectors compared to other regions. On the other hand, several countries in developing regions have high growth potential for the global market for die-cast toys. Increasing popularity of automobiles in developing as well as developing countries is anticipated to create growth opportunities for of the global die-cast toys market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific a Promising Market for Die-cast Toys
- Geographically, the global die-cast toys market can be divided into five regions North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- Regions such as Europe and North America have strong growth potential for the market for die-cast toys, as a majority of leading manufactures are concentrated in these regions. Countries such as the U.S., Germany, and the U.K. witness a large number of collectors of die-cast toys.
- Asia Pacific is one of the promising markets for die-cast toys. Increasing purchasing power of individuals in the region is boosting the market in the region. Additionally, rising popularity of automobiles is anticipated to fuel the market in Asia Pacific in the near future.
- Other regions such as South America and Middle East & Africa have strong growth potential for the die-cast toys market
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global die-cast toys market is relatively consolidated, with the top five manufacturers accounting for a substantial market share. A part of the global market is highly niche, wherein vintage, expensive and rare toys are manufactured. A few of the key players operating in the global die-cast toys market are:
- Bandai Namco Holdings
- BBR Exclusive Car Models
- GreenLight Collectibles
- JAKKS Pacific, Inc.
- Spin Master Ltd.
- Universal Hobbies
- Welly Die Casting Factory Limited
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Die-cast Toys Market, ask for a customized report
Global Die-cast Toys Market: Research Scope
Global Die-cast Toys Market, by Product
- Others (Construction Equipment, etc.)
Global Die-cast Toys Market, by Age
- 0 to 2 Years
- 2 to 4 Years
- 5 to 7 Years
- 8 to 12 Years & Above
Global Die-cast Toys Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company-owned Sites
- E-commerce Sites
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Other Retail-based Stores
Global Die-cast Toys Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.