Diaphragm Pacing Therapy System: Introduction
- Diaphragm pacing involves electrically stimulating a patient’s diaphragm muscles and nerves using a lightweight, battery-powered system. This causes the diaphragm to contract so that air is pulled into the lungs. It helps the patient to breathe normally.
- Diaphragm pacing helps to reduce or eliminate the time spent using a ventilator or other assisted breathing devices and decreases the risk of respiratory infections. The system is quite useful in COVID-19 patients, who have been mechanically ventilated and are unable to breathe without assistance from the mechanical ventilator.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers of Global Diaphragm Pacing Therapy System Market
- Increase in incidence of spinal cord injuries (SCI) and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is projected to boost the growth of the global diaphragm pacing therapy system market. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center (in 2019), around 17,730 new SCI cases are reported each year and between 249,000 and 363,000 people are currently living with SCI in the U.S. According to ALS Association, nearly 5,000 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with ALS every year.
- Advantages of diaphragm pacing therapy system (DPTS) such as reduction of dependency on mechanical ventilators and enabling patients to breathe & speak more naturally fuel the growth of the global market
- Increase in number of cases with COVID-19 has led to requirement of large number of mechanical ventilators. Diaphragm pacing therapy system is quite useful in treatment of COVID-19 patients, where limited mechanical ventilators are available. As of July 20, 2020, around 3.8 million patients have tested positive for coronavirus in the U.S. In India, around 1.12 million people are suffering from coronavirus. These factors are anticipated to accelerate the growth of the global diaphragm pacing therapy system market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
External Diaphragm Pacemaker Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of product type, the global diaphragm pacing therapy system market can be bifurcated into diaphragm pacemaker and external diaphragm pacemaker
- The external diaphragm pacemaker segment accounted for the largest share of the global diaphragm pacing therapy system market in 2019. Increase in use of external diaphragm pacemaker in the treatment of congenital central hypoventilation syndrome and cervical spinal cord injury is expected to drive the segment.
Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) to be Most Promising Segment
- Based on application, the global diaphragm pacing therapy system market can be classified into spinal cord injury (SCI), amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), and others
- The spinal cord injury (SCI) segment accounted for the largest share of the global market in terms of revenue in 2019 and the trend is likely to continue during the forecast period. Increase in patients with spinal cord injury (SCI) due to vehicular crashes, accidents, falls, and sports/recreation activities propel demand for diaphragm pacing therapy systems.
North America to Dominate Global Diaphragm Pacing Therapy System Market
- In terms of region, the global diaphragm pacing therapy system market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global diaphragm pacing therapy system market in 2019 and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. The region’s dominance can be attributed to increase in people with spinal cord injury (SCI) and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), presence of major players, and well-established health care system.
- The diaphragm pacing therapy system market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increase in adoption of new products and rise in demand for diaphragm pacing therapy systems in emerging countries such as India and China
Key Players Operating in Global Diaphragm Pacing Therapy System Market
The global diaphragm pacing therapy system market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global market are:
- Avery Biomedical Devices
- Lungpacer Medical, Inc.
- Synapse Biomedical
Global Diaphragm Pacing Therapy System Market: Research Scope
Diaphragm Pacing Therapy System Market, by Product Type
- Diaphragm Pacemaker
- External Diaphragm Pacemaker
Global Diaphragm Pacing Therapy System Market, by Application
- Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
Global Diaphragm Pacing Therapy System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.