Diamond Jewelry Market
Diamond Jewelry Market (Product Type: Neckwear/Necklace, Earrings, Rings, Bangles/Bracelets, Pendants, and Others; Product Category: Daily Wear, Work Wear, and Party & Festive Wear; Clarity Grade: Flawless [FL], Internally Flawless [IF], Very, Very Slightly Included [VVS1 and VVS2], Very Slightly Included [VS1 and VS2], Slightly Included [SI1 and SI2], and Included [I1, I2, and I3]; Consumer Group: Men, Women, and Kids; and Distribution Channel: Online and Offline) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Diamond Prices Rise with End Stages of COVID-19 Outbreak
The notable impact of the coronavirus outbreak was experienced in the diamond jewelry market. As diamond prices rise with the end stages of the COVID-19 pandemic, diamond companies have commenced their mining and trading activities, owing to changing customer perspective toward COVID-19. As such, companies have been seeing financing health provisions in communities around its mines in Russia and other parts of the world.
Potential coronavirus vaccines are being publicized, and predicted to revive growth of the diamond jewelry market. Notable events such as the India International Jewelry Show (IIJS) is expected to be held in April 2021. Companies are increasing efforts to remain fully-operational at mines by offering regular coronavirus tests to workers.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Diamond Jewelry Market
Branding Plays Major Role for Big, Small Business Owners
Branding has become an important factor for both big and small players in the diamond jewelry market. However, branding comes, along with high marketing costs, which affects the business of small business owners, since this cost then reflects upon the retailor and ultimately the consumer. Hence, small companies in the diamond jewelry market are demonstrating superior value in their products and designs in order to compete with established and branded companies in the market.
Small business owners are focusing on educating the audience about cut, color, clarity, and carat weight, which are common in all diamonds, irrespective of a branded company offering diamond jewelry. Even branded companies need to be cautious about claims made by the company, in case a consumer feels betrayed if a branded diamond fails to hold its value.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Innovative Designs, New Trends Boost Growth of Diamond Jewelry Market
Hoop earrings and chain jewelry are new trends in the diamond jewelry market. Colorful and statement jewelry have been popular choices for buyers during and post the COVID-19 lockdown, thus giving many resellers the opportunity to scale their business through YouTube and social media platforms. Innovative designs in artistic jewelry are grabbing the attention of high-end consumers.
Rings made entirely of diamond, new ways of cutting diamond, and research expenditure for knowing the diamond’s origin are forming a part of the company’s marketing and business activities. For instance, luxury jeweler Shawish from Switzerland introduced its 150-carat diamond ring entirely made from diamonds.
Cutting Robots Likely to Maximize Diamond Production Capacities
The diamond jewelry market is predicted to reach the revenue of US$ 97 Bn by the end of 2030. 3D jewelry printing is a fast growing phenomenon in the market landscape, owing to its advantage of mass production. However, there is lack of skilled craftsmen for 3D jewelry printing who can manually refine and perfect designs.
Cutting innovations on the other hand are seeing the emergence of robots such as Fenix used by Baunat— a Belgian brand, which offers high quality diamond jewelry capable of cutting any diamond. Thus, big and small players in the diamond jewelry market intending to capitalize on incremental opportunities can plan investments in cutting robots to virtually cut any diamond that are not in the scope of manual cutting.
Synthetic Diamonds Pose Threat to Real Diamonds
Due to scarcity of real diamonds, synthetic diamonds are posing as a threat to the sales of real diamond jewelry. Since synthetic diamonds cannot entirely replace real diamonds, companies in the diamond jewelry market are taking advantage of the fact that real diamonds are rare in order to secure a high price for their product offerings.
Apart from India, manufacturers are now tapping into mining opportunities in countries of Africa, Australia, and Canada. Innovations in high jewelry such as round-cut diamonds and removable diamond sets are grabbing the attention of consumers. Artistic jewelry has become a recurring trend in the diamond jewelry market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Diamond Jewelry Market
The coronavirus outbreak has propelled online marketing and sales, whilst giving opportunities to small business owners to expand their revenue streams. Diamond companies are teaming up with costume design jewelry experts to innovate in artistic jewelry. However, the diamond jewelry market is predicted to clock a sluggish CAGR of ~3%, owing to lack of skilled craftsmen and synthetic diamonds that are emerging as an alternative to real diamond jewelry. Hence, companies should adopt cutting robots and increase investments in branding to create value proposition for products in the minds of consumers. Innovative jewelry designs with a combination of gold, pearls, and full diamond jewelry products are storming the market.
Diamond Jewelry Market: Overview
- Diamond jewelry is a type of luxury jewelry. It usually comes with a combination of precious metal settings such as gold, silver, and platinum. Over the years, design and pattern of diamond jewelry have evolved across different parts of the world. Diamond jewelry design is influenced by the local culture, consumer preference, and availability of technology. Traditionally, natural diamonds were largely incorporated in diamond jewelry, which is generally high priced and popular among the high-income population. However, the introduction of lab-grown diamonds has allowed jewelers to offer reasonable diamond jewelry for the middle class population.
- The fineness and beauty of diamond jewelry is largely affected by the 4 C’s of diamonds, which include its clarity, carat weight, color, and cut or shape. Most common diamond shapes preferred in diamond rings and earrings include oval, round, princess, pear, and heart. All the 4 C’s are considered while deciding the selling price of any diamond jewelry. In terms of value, the global diamond jewelry market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~3% during 2020-2030.
Preference for Diamond Jewelry to Celebrate Special Occasions: A Key Driver of Diamond Jewelry Market
- Rapid expansion of the middle-class population and changing consumer preferences toward fashion and clothing are estimated to drive the demand for diamond jewelry during the forecast period
- The style conscious young generation is increasingly investing in branded jewelry and accessories, and are always seeking diversified product offerings. In developed countries such as the U.S. and the U.K., diamond rings are widely preferred as engagement and wedding rings. Oval-cut diamonds and platinum setting rings are the major trends in the U.S. market.
- Key brands operating in the global diamond industry offer a wide range of diamond jewelry designed for special occasions such as Valentine’s Day, wedding anniversaries, and birthdays. Furthermore, modern consumers prefer diamond jewelry as a special gift to their loved ones. Special family events, mother’s day, promotions, and academic achievements are often celebrated by gifting diamond jewelry in developed countries. In emerging economies, the demand for diamond jewelry is expected to grow during festivals and wedding functions.
Diamond Jewelry Market: Key Market Trends
- Over the years, demand for bespoke diamond jewelry has increased significantly, as consumers prefer their own choices to be integrated into the design of wedding and engagement jewelry. Platinum and gold are the most common settings for diamond, and the popularity of platinum is estimated to increase significantly in the near future.
- Companies are heavily investing in R&D to launch exclusive collections of diamond jewelry under different brands. Key companies are associating with well-known celebrities for brand endorsement. Partnerships with international laboratories and strict adherence to the standards declared by international regulatory associations such as GIA (Gemological Institute of America) and AGS (American Gem Society) are the major trend in the global diamond jewelry industry.
High Cost and Demand for Diamond Certifications
- Diamonds are key elements of any diamond jewelry and contribute a significant portion in overall pricing of jewelry. Majority of diamond jewelry available in the market is designed with mined or natural diamonds. High prices of natural diamonds increase the cost of diamond jewelry. Moreover, better consumer knowledge is essential for financial transparency.
- For amateur consumers, variation in diamond jewelry prices is often baffling. This is due to the differences in the prices of the same size diamonds. In this case, diamond certifications are essential for jewelry retailers to offer financial transparency and quality assurance about products. Customers are increasingly demanding diamond certifications from professional and authorized certification laboratories. Diamond certificates assure a guarantee that the diamonds in the jewelry are natural and as per the standards declared by industry authorities and associations.
Diamond Jewelry Market: Competition Landscape
- The research report provides detailed profiles of diamond jewelry manufacturers to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global diamond jewelry market are
- Harry Winston
- Cartier, Tiffany & Co.
- De Beers
- Blue Nile Inc.
- Tacori, Inc
- James Allen
- Tanishq Limited
- Malabar Gold & Diamonds
- Palmiero Carlo S.r.l.
Diamond Jewelry Market: Key Developments
- Key companies operating in the global diamond jewelry market are heavily investing in new technologies such as CAD (Computer-aided design) software, 3D printers, laser equipment, etc. to launch a new range of lightweight and exquisite diamond jewelry under different brands. Key companies are preferring lab grown diamonds over natural diamonds in jewelry manufacturing to offer reasonable collections of diamond rings and necklaces.
- Furthermore, companies are focused on strategic collaborations, new product launch, and expansion of physical stores to attract potential customers. Some key developments in the global diamond jewelry market are highlighted below:
- In October 2020, Blue Nile Inc. opened a new showroom at Park Meadows in Lone Tree, Colorado, near Denver. The company opened two more showrooms in November 2020, in Fashion Island in Irvine, California, and Oakbrook Center in Oakbrook, Illinois, near Chicago. The jewelry retailer plans to expand the business by opening 50 stores in the U.S. over the next three year. The opening of showrooms led to expansion of business.
- In October 2020, Zales partnered with Vera Wang, an American fashion design company to create an exclusive collection of diamond bridal jewelry. The Vera Wang designs (bridal collection) arrived in Zales stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. The company focuses on matching different bridal diamond styles with the bridal clothing section.
- In October 2020, Blue Nile Inc. announced partnership with Lightbox, the innovative laboratory-grown diamond jewelry company. The company launched an exclusive fashion jewelry collection featuring Lightbox lab-grown diamonds on its website, thereby adding the portfolio of lab created diamonds to the company’s product range.
- In 2020, Harry Winston, Inc. launched Harry Winston 2020 Novelties collection of timepieces having special features of 36mm diameter; 18k white gold with 199 diamonds; and water-resistant to 100m. The product portrayed a different trend and style in addition to the existing product range.
- The global diamond jewelry market report also discusses product portfolio and key business strategies followed by diamond jewelry companies. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global diamond jewelry market.
Diamond Jewelry Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global diamond jewelry market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including the drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global diamond jewelry market across the globe. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global diamond jewelry market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period, 2020–2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global diamond jewelry market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis of business strategies of leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global diamond jewelry market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the global diamond jewelry market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global diamond jewelry market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Diamond Jewelry Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the diamond jewelry market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global diamond jewelry market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the future scope and current trends in terms of sizing and end use of the global diamond jewelry market?
- What is the revenue of the global diamond jewelry market based on respective segments?
- Which are the key strategies used by top players of the global diamond jewelry market?
- Which are the leading companies in the global diamond jewelry market?
Research Methodology – Diamond Jewelry Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global diamond jewelry market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global diamond jewelry market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the diamond jewelry market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from diamond jewelry industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global diamond jewelry market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global diamond jewelry market more reliable and accurate.
Diamond Jewelry Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global diamond jewelry market includes information categorized into six sections ? product type, product category, consumer group, clarity grade, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the diamond jewelry market are discussed in detail.