Diamino Stilbene Disulfonic Acid (DASDA): Introduction
- Diamino stilbene disulfonic acid (DASDA) is an organic compound with the formula (H2NC6H3SO3H)2C2H2. It is a light yellow colored water-soluble solid. It is available in powder as well as cream forms. Structurally, DASDA is a derivative of trans-stilbene, containing amino and sulfonic acid functional groups on each of the two phenyl rings.
- DASDA is produced by the reaction of 4,4′-dinitro-2,2′-stilbenedisulfonic acid with iron powder. It is utilized in the synthesis of dye stuff. It is primarily used as a chemical intermediate in the manufacture of optical brightening agents. It is also mainly employed as an optical brightener for laundry detergents.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Diamino Stilbene Disulfonic Acid (DASDA) Market
- Rise in demand for DASDA in the global market can be ascribed to the intrinsic benefits of its usage in optical brighteners for laundry detergents
- The global DASDA market is driven by the increase in demand for optical brighteners in emerging markets and high demand for DADDA in paper, fabrics, and detergents & soaps applications. Optical brighteners possess unique properties such as high fluorescence, light fastness, heat resistance, and chemical stability. Therefore, they are widely used in paper and textile industries.
- Optical brighteners are used in various applications such as paper, fabrics, detergents & soap, synthetics & plastic, and packaging. They are used in papers for making them more bright and white. Optical brighteners are also employed in detergents and soaps for whitening of clothes.
- Increase in usage of dyes in paints and coatings, textile coloring, and cosmetic and personal care products is projected to fuel the demand for DASDA in the near future
Diamino Stilbene Disulfonic Acid (DASDA): Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global DASDA market can be segmented into dyes, intermediates, optical brightening agent, manufacture of chemicals, manufacture of raw materials, and others
- The optical brightening agent segment is expected to account for significant share of the global DASDA market during the forecast period. It is anticipated to be followed by the manufacture of chemicals segment.
- The dyes segment is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period
Covid-19 Impact on Diamino Stilbene Disulfonic Acid (DASDA) Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to unavailability of raw materials and shortage of labor. This has hampered the DASDA market. Supply shortage has also resulted in an increase in prices of raw materials. Affected downstream supply chain might take longer to recover. The industrial shutdown has adversely impacted product and inventory transportation, as logistic services have been hampered due to the COVID-19 outbreak. This is expected to further hamper the DASDA market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Diamino Stilbene Disulfonic Acid (DASDA) Market
- In terms of region, the global DASDA market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Increase in industrialization in emerging countries of Asia Pacific is expected to boost the demand for optical brighteners in paper and fabrics applications, thereby driving the demand for DASDA during the forecast period
- Improving economies and increasing demand for DASDA in paper, fabrics, detergents & soaps, synthetics & plastics, packaging, and other applications are further estimated to boost the market in Asia Pacific. The region is projected to account for significant share of the global DASDA market in the near future. The market in Europe is projected to expand at a faster rate during the forecast period, owing to the increase in demand for DASDA in various end-use industries in the region.
Key Manufacturers in Global Diamino Stilbene Disulfonic Acid (DASDA) Market
The global DASDA market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global DASDA market include:
- Merck KGaA
- Daikaffil Chemicals India Limited
- Alfa Aesar
- Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Parchem fine & specialty chemicals
- Paramount Minerals and Chemicals Limited
Global Diamino Stilbene Disulfonic Acid (DASDA) Market: Research Scope
Global Diamino Stilbene Disulfonic Acid (DASDA) Market, by Application
- Optical Brightening Agent
- Manufacture of Chemicals
- Manufacture of Raw Materials
Global Diamino Stilbene Disulfonic Acid (DASDA) Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.