Desktop Publishing Software Market: Introduction
- A program that helps in the creation of documents using page layout software on a computer is known as desktop publishing software. It helps in the creation of a digital form of information such as reports, letters, presentations, documents, articles, brochures, and books.
- A layout program and a text editor are usually the two major components of desktop publishing software. The text editor is where the text of documents is written. The layout software is where changes are made to the document's formatting.
- The desktop publishing software market is growing because of increased usage of smart devices, digitalization of education, increased usage of e-learning courses and e-books, and growth of social media.
Desktop Publishing Software Market: Dynamics
Global Desktop Publishing Software Market: Key Drivers
- Demand for desktop publishing software is increasing in small and medium-sized enterprises. The market is growing rapidly due to the increasing number of SMEs.
- Education is one of the important industries where digitalization is fast progressing, largely attributed to the increased usage of smart devices such as tablets, smartphones, laptops, and interactive displays. Furthermore, the global desktop publishing software market is expected to expand due to the increasing usage of online/e-learning courses, online assessments, virtual classrooms, edutainment, and digital textbooks (e-books).
- The rise of social media is a major factor increasing the demand for digital content. Email, text (SMS), Twitter, QR code, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, LinkedIn, and Facebook are all options for sharing digital content. Furthermore, increase in digital marketing also boosts the demand for digital content. Desktop publishing software is being driven by the growth of social media and digital content adoption.
Global Desktop Publishing Software Market: Restraints
- The market for desktop publishing software is hampered by the availability of open-source desktop publishing software. The open-source software does not charge for any of its services. Individuals and small enterprises are expected to be attracted to open-source software, hindering the growth of the desktop publishing software market.
Global Desktop Publishing Software Market: Opportunities
- During the forecast period, rising interest in digital marketing and increasing demand for automation tools are expected to propel the desktop publishing software market.
Impact of Covid-19 on the Desktop Publishing Software Market
- The Covid-19 pandemic has had a positive impact on the desktop publishing software market. To curb the spread of the disease, many countries imposed lockdowns and travel bans. Educational institutes such as schools, colleges, and universities have been closed because of mobility restrictions. As a result, they have had to switch to the online education system. Thus, demand for desktop publishing software has increased during the period of the pandemic.
North America to Account for Major Share of the Global Desktop Publishing Software Market
- In terms of region, the global desktop publishing software market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America holds a dominant share of the desktop publishing software market due to favorable government policies to boost innovation. Emerging technologies are most widely accepted and developed in North America. The market in the U.S. is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to the early adoption and implementation of innovative and advanced solutions, and the presence of a large number of market players.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The development of desktop publishing software is being furthered in the region by the significant growth of EdTech enterprises. Additional reasons driving demand for education technology solutions in the region include a growing millennial population, increased desire for smart and connected devices among students, and a growing number of EdTech companies.
Global Desktop Publishing Software Market: Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Desktop Publishing Software Market
To expand their market presence, desktop publishing software vendors have used major growth strategies such as collaborations, product acquisitions, and launches, as well as creating global and regional distribution networks.
Key players operating in the global desktop publishing software market include:
- Viva Distribution
- The Scribus team
- BeLight Software
- Lucid Software
- MadCap Software
Global Desktop Publishing Software Market: Research Scope
Global Desktop Publishing Software Market, by Type
- Web Designing
- Presentation App
Global Desktop Publishing Software Market, by Platform
Global Desktop Publishing Software Market, by Application
Global Desktop publishing Software Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- South America
- Rest of South America
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.