Dermatology Diagnostic Equipment: Introduction
- Dermatology diagnostic devices can be identified as medical devices used to diagnose and recognize skin-related disorders such as skin cancer, pigmentation, acne, psoriasis, etc. These devices help dermatologists and surgeons determine the key issue affecting patients' skin. Dermatology diagnostic devices comprise imaging devices, microscopes and dermatoscopes, and other devices. Use of these diagnostic devices has been increasing at a rapid pace for the last few years. Governments across the globe are investing in dermatological diagnostic instruments for the treatment of diseases such as psoriasis, leukemia, hive, rosacea, etc.
Market Dynamics of Global Dermatology Diagnostic Equipment Market
- Increase in occurrence of skin-related diseases worldwide is driving the dermatology diagnostic devices market
- Expansion of the dermatology diagnostic devices market is primarily due to an increase in the prevalence of melanoma and other skin-related illnesses. According to the American Cancer Society, an estimated 96,000 new cases of melanoma were diagnosed in the U.S. in 2019. As per the Cancer Statistics Center, 100,350 new cases of melanoma and 6,850 deaths are likely to be reported in the U.S. by the end of 2020.
- Skin rejuvenation and growing beauty perception in individuals (both males and females) are expected to further drive the dermatology diagnostic devices market. Increasing number of treatment choices & facilities are fueling the demand for dermatology diagnostic devices in hospitals & clinics. Expansion of the market is driven by an increase in the demand for the non-invasive cosmetic procedures for skin disorders.
- High prices for treatments and diagnostic procedures associated with dermatology or skin disorders to hinder market
- Diagnostic devices are extremely expensive and consequently, hamper the diagnostic devices for dermatology market. Advanced technologies needed specialists; however, practitioners do not know how to treat more powerful skin diseases that would reduce the demand for diagnostic devices.
Dermatology Diagnostic Equipment Market: Segmentation
- Global dermatology diagnostic equipment market can be segmented based on product type, application, and end-user
- Based on product type, the global dermatology diagnostic equipment market can be classified into dermatoscopes, imaging equipment, microscopes & trichoscopes, biopsy devices, and others
- The dermatoscopes segment can be further sub-segmented into contact oil immersion dermatoscope, cross-polarized dermatoscope, and hybrid dermatoscope
- The imaging equipment segment can be further split into X-Ray, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, optical coherence tomography (OCT), and others
- The microscopes & trichoscopes segment can be further segregated into multispectral photoacaustic microscopy (PAM), reflectance confocal microscopy (RCM), raman spectroscopy, and others
- Based on application, the global dermatology diagnostic equipment market can be divided into skin cancers, hair removal, skin rejuvenation, acne, psoriasis & tattoo removal, body contouring & fat removal, cellulite reduction, vascular & pigmented lesion removal, and others
- Based on end-user, the global dermatology diagnostic equipment market can be split into hospitals, clinics, and diagnostic centers
North America to Dominate Global Dermatology Diagnostic Equipment Market
- In terms of region, the global dermatology diagnostic equipment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America witnessed significantly high demand for dermatology diagnostic equipment in 2019, followed by Europe. Expansion of the dermatology diagnostic equipment industry in North America is due to an increase in occurrence of dermatology diseases and the availability of advanced technological products in the region. Increase in understanding of safe treatment of dermatology disorders among individuals is estimated to further propel the market. Furthermore, the involvement of major industry players has fueled the market in North America significantly.
Leading Players Operating in Global Dermatology Diagnostic Equipment Market
The global dermatology diagnostic equipment market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global dermatology diagnostic equipment market are:
- Welch Allyn
- AMD Global Telemedicine Inc.
- Toshiba Medical Systems
- Carl Zeiss Meditec
- Siemens Healthcare
- FEI Company
- Heine Optotechnik
- Fotofinder Systems GMBH
- Philips Healthcare
- Leica Microsystems
- Bruker Corp.
- Michelson Diagnostics Ltd.
- MAVIG GmbH
- Nikon Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- MELA Sciences, Inc.
- Solta Medical
- Verisante Technology, Inc.
Global Dermatology Diagnostic Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global Dermatology Diagnostic Equipment Market, by Product Type
- Contact Oil Immersion Dermatoscope
- Cross-Polarized Dermatoscope
- Hybrid Dermatoscope
- Imaging Equipment
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- Microscopes & Trichoscopes
- Multispectral Photoacaustic Microscopy (PAM)
- Reflectance Confocal Microscopy (RCM)
- Raman Spectroscopy
- Biopsy Devices
Global Dermatology Diagnostic Equipment Market, by Application
- Skin Cancer
- Hair Removal
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Acne, Psoriasis & Tattoo Removal
- Wrinkle Removal & Skin Resurfacing
- Body Contouring & Fat Removal
- Cellulite Reduction
- Vascular & Pigmented Lesion Removal
Global Dermatology Diagnostic Equipment Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.