Dermal Regeneration Matrix Device Market: Introduction
- Dermal Regeneration Matrix Device is used for treating certain diabetic foot ulcers. The matrix device, which is made of silicone, cow collagen, and shark cartilage, is placed over the ulcer and provides an environment for new skin and tissue to regenerate and heal the wound. Utilization of dermal regeneration matrix devices in wound healing offers numerous benefits in terms of stimulating tissue growth and ensuring relief from various injuries. Furthermore, these devices reduces the occurrence of infection at the wound sites and minimize irritation. Dermal regeneration matrix is gaining importance, which in turn is likely to drive the market.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Dermal Regeneration Matrix Device Market
- Chronic wounds have created a significant socioeconomic impact. Chronic wounds generally take longer time to heal and require advanced wound care therapies. Diabetic ulcers are becoming more common due to increased incidence of both Type I and maturity-onset diabetes in developed economies across the world. According to a research done by National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), global prevalence of diabetic foot ulcer was 6.3%, higher in males (4.5%) as compared to that in females (3.5%). For instance, NCBI estimated that globally, every 30 seconds one leg is amputated due to diabetic foot ulcer. Lifetime risk of developing diabetic foot ulcer among the diabetic population is 25%. Thus, increasing prevalence of diabetic foot ulcer is expected to boost the global dermal regeneration matrix device market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Dermal Regeneration Matrix Device Market Report
- A large under-addressed population of patients suffering from chronic wounds exists, especially in emerging countries. Increase in per capita income of people in these countries is fueling the adoption of advanced wound care technologies. Better access to advanced wound care and increase in awareness about the cost-effectiveness of advanced wound care therapies have boosted the momentum shift toward these solutions and products. Rate of adoption of solutions and products, such as dermal regeneration matrix, among health care providers is increasing, which in turn is estimated to drive the global dermal regeneration matrix device market during the forecast period.
- Dermal regeneration matrix devices help in the reduction of healing and complications associated with burn injuries, ischemia, trauma, surgeries, and skin disorders. Dermal regeneration matrix devices are commercially available to treat chronic wounds. A large number of market players are engaged in the development of dermal regeneration matrix devices. For instance, in January 2016, Integra LifeSciences Corporation received USFDA approval for its product, Omnigraft Dermal Regeneration Matrix, to treat diabetic foot ulcers that last longer than six weeks and do not involve exposure of the joint capsule, tendon, or bone.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Dermal Regeneration Matrix Device Market
- Europe is a mature market for diabetic foot ulcer treatment; therefore, the market in the region has been stagnant. The growth rate witnessed by the market in Europe has been sluggish due to a well-established network of major market players, which creates relatively fewer opportunities for growth and business expansion for new market entrants. However, rise in geriatric population and favorable health care reimbursement regulations are likely to drive the market in the region during the forecast period.
- The dermal regeneration matrix device market in several countries in Asia, including Japan, India and China, is untouched or significantly underpenetrated as compared to that in countries in North America and Europe. This is primarily due to a lack of access to dermal regeneration matrix devices in these countries and low level of awareness. These markets offer immense opportunities for the dermal regeneration matrix device market on account of factors such as presence of a large potential population base coupled with continuous economic development witnessed in several countries across Asia. Geographic expansion by major global players in Asia Pacific through distribution and licensing agreements with local distributors and increasing prevalence of diabetes in the region are likely to fuel market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Dermal Regeneration Matrix Device Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Dermal Regeneration Matrix Device Market
Manufacturers in the global Dermal Regeneration Matrix device market are increasingly investing in research and development of new and innovative techniques to manufacture advanced products for screening. These players are also focused on offering highly efficient and reliable products.
Leading companies operating in the global dermal regeneration matrix device market are:
- Integra LifeSciences
- Stratatech (Mallinckrodt)
- KCI Licensing, Inc.
- Japan Tissue Engineering Co., Ltd.
Global Dermal Regeneration Matrix Device Market: Research Scope
Global Dermal Regeneration Matrix Device Market, by Source
- Animal Derived
- Human Amnion Derived
Global Dermal Regeneration Matrix Device Market, by Application
- Foot Ulcers
- Reconstructive Surgery
Global Dermal Regeneration Matrix Device Market, by End-user
- Dermatology Clinics
Global Dermal Regeneration Matrix Device Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.