Dermal Curettes Market: Introduction
- Curettes the efficient removal of superficial malignant tumors and benign skin neoplasms ensuring minimal damage to the surrounding tissue. Dermal curettes are made of stainless steel and has beveled cutting edges. These features render high durability, enhancement to the cutting capacity, and aesthetic appeal as compared to other conventional products.
- Dermal curettes are employed in several cosmetic surgeries, owing to their high precision and versatile nature. Manufacturers are focusing on the development of advanced curettes, which can be effectively used in minimally invasive surgeries.
- Dermal curettes has shown great potential in a range of dermatological surgeries. The use of dermal curettes in oncology is contributing to market growth.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Dermal Curettes Market Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Dermal Curettes Market
- Growing sales of reusable dermal curettes has a significant market share, and it is expected to grow during the forecast period. The use of reusable dermal curettes in outpatient care center will further improve its market position.
- Skin cancer is common. As per the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2018, approximately 1 million new cases of melanoma and 3 million cases of non-melanoma were diagnosed. Rise in prevalence of skin conditions, such as basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma, pyogenic granulomas, warts, and acne, and awareness about the probability of acquiring skin cancer is a major factor influencing the global dermal curettes market.
- Increasing demand for enhancing the aesthetic appeal of body structures renders a positive outlook for various cosmetic and plastic surgeries. This, in turn, will impact the development and acceptance of dermal curettes worldwide.
- Increasing acceptance of minimally invasive cosmetic therapies worldwide as a result of skin conditions, such as acne, acne scars, lesions, and skin neoplasms, among others, will further drive the global dermal curettes market in the near future
- Manufacturers are focusing on improving ergonomics and packaging of these products to render comfortable handling to clinicians. This will have a constructive impact on the global dermal curettes market.
- There is a strong competition from non-surgical cosmetic procedures that might hamper market growth. In addition, lack of skilled dermatologists to perform aesthetic surgeries worldwide may further hamper market growth.
North America to Lead Global Dermal Curettes Market
- In terms of region, the global dermal curettes market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global dermal curettes market in 2018, owing to high demand for cosmetic and plastic surgeries. Moreover, increase in the number of skin cancer cases and other skin related diseases is fueling market growth.
- As per the Skin Cancer Foundation, in the U.S., more than 9,500 people are diagnosed with skin cancer every day and more than 2 people die every hour due to this condition. Hence, increasing cases of skin cancer results in enhanced diagnosis and treatment rates, thereby driving the dermal curettes market.
- In 2018, Australia and New Zealand were recorded with the highest prevalence for melanoma cancer with 33.6 and 33.3 Age standardized rate per 100,000, respectively, followed by North America and Europe. This data was enumerated by the American Institute of Cancer Research.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Dermal Curettes Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Dermal Curettes Market
The market of dermal curettes is highly fragmented, and the degree of fragmentation is due to low entry barriers. High competition is driving manufacturers to invest in developing economies. Top players in the global dermal curettes market are developing products that are more effective and safe to meet the needs of surgeons in gynecology and plastic surgeries. Below are the few major manufacturing companies operating in the global market:
- Becton, Dickinson and Co.
- Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corp.
- Kai Corp.
- Medline Industries Inc.
- Novo Surgical Inc.
- Robbins Instruments Inc.
- Sklar Surgical Instruments
- Surtex Instruments Ltd.
- Teleflex Inc.
Global Dermal Curettes Market: Research Scope
Global Dermal Curettes Market, by Product Type
- Reusable Dermal Curettes
- Disposable Dermal Curettes
Global Dermal Curettes Market, by Application
- Skin Neoplasms
- Plastic Surgery
Global Dermal Curettes Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.