Global Depth Filtration Market: Introduction
- Depth filtration takes advantage of the thickness (depth) of the filter media to remove liquid droplet, submicron particles, suspended particles, colloidal material, and soluble materials from its carrying liquid
- The pathway begins with filtration of larger particles. Then, smaller and smaller particles are removed as the carrying fluid flows through the depth filter.
- Depth filtration is most widely utilized in downstream bioprocessing to segregate cells, cell debris, and other colloidal matter
- It is an expensive process compared to surface filtration. However, depth filtration can be used for longer duration.
- Depth filtration utilizes different processes such as sieving, interception, adsorption, and absorption to obtain segregated filtrate from the carrying liquid
Key Drivers and Restraint of Global Depth Filtration Market
- Increase in R&D expenditure in biopharmaceuticals & biotechnology companies is anticipated to boost the growth of the global depth filtration market during the forecast period
- Technological advancements in pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and live cell culture is projected to drive the global depth filtration market
- The market is expected to be driven by increase in adoption of single-use technologies, which focus on growing large biopharmaceutical molecules & biologics, and benefits presented by depth filters such as cost-efficiency and convenience
- However, high cost or investment involved in setting up production facilities is likely to restrain the global depth filtration market
- Moreover, low capacity of depth filters for high-density material and highly stringent rules & regulations by the governing authorities for filtration process using depth filters are projected to hamper the growth of the market
North America to Lead Global Depth Filtration Market
- In terms of region, the global depth filtration market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for the largest share of the global depth filtration market in 2019 and the trend is expected to continue in the next few years. Growth of the market can be ascribed to large number of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the region.
- Europe was the second largest market for depth filtration in 2019 due to the presence of well-established health care infrastructure
- The depth filtration market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period because of the rise in research & development by pharmaceutical companies and other institutes in countries such as China, India, and Japan. Moreover, increased outsourcing by different bio-pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to Asia Pacific is likely to boost the growth of the depth filtration market in Asia Pacific.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are likely to be potential markets for depth filtration during the forecast period. However, lack of initiatives by governments toward research & development is projected to hamper the growth of the depth filtration market in these regions.
Key Players Operating in Global Depth Filtration Market
- Sartorius AG
- FILTROX AG
- Merck KGaA
- Pall Corporation (Danaher)
- Parker Hannifin Corp.
- Amazon Filters Ltd.
- Graver Technologies
- Trinity Filtration Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Other prominent players
Global Depth Filtration Market: Research Scope
Global Depth Filtration Market, by Media Type
- Diatomaceous Earth
- Activated Carbon
Global Depth Filtration Market, by Product Type
- Filter Cartridge
- Capsule Filter
- Sheet Filter
- Filter Modules
Global Depth Filtration Market, by Application
- Final Product Processing
- Small molecules
- Cell Clarification
- Raw material
- Media & Buffer
- Bioburden Testing
- Other Applications
Global Depth Filtration Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!