Global Depth Filtration Market: Introduction
- Depth filtration takes advantage of the thickness (depth) of the filter media to remove liquid droplet, submicron particles, suspended particles, colloidal material, and soluble materials from its carrying liquid
- The pathway begins with filtration of larger particles. Then, smaller and smaller particles are removed as the carrying fluid flows through the depth filter.
- Depth filtration is most widely utilized in downstream bioprocessing to segregate cells, cell debris, and other colloidal matter
- It is an expensive process compared to surface filtration. However, depth filtration can be used for longer duration.
- Depth filtration utilizes different processes such as sieving, interception, adsorption, and absorption to obtain segregated filtrate from the carrying liquid
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers and Restraint of Global Depth Filtration Market
- Increase in R&D expenditure in biopharmaceuticals & biotechnology companies is anticipated to boost the growth of the global depth filtration market during the forecast period
- Technological advancements in pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and live cell culture is projected to drive the global depth filtration market
- The market is expected to be driven by increase in adoption of single-use technologies, which focus on growing large biopharmaceutical molecules & biologics, and benefits presented by depth filters such as cost-efficiency and convenience
- However, high cost or investment involved in setting up production facilities is likely to restrain the global depth filtration market
- Moreover, low capacity of depth filters for high-density material and highly stringent rules & regulations by the governing authorities for filtration process using depth filters are projected to hamper the growth of the market
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Depth Filtration Market, Request for a Sample
North America to Lead Global Depth Filtration Market
- In terms of region, the global depth filtration market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for the largest share of the global depth filtration market in 2019 and the trend is expected to continue in the next few years. Growth of the market can be ascribed to large number of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the region.
- Europe was the second largest market for depth filtration in 2019 due to the presence of well-established health care infrastructure
- The depth filtration market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period because of the rise in research & development by pharmaceutical companies and other institutes in countries such as China, India, and Japan. Moreover, increased outsourcing by different bio-pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to Asia Pacific is likely to boost the growth of the depth filtration market in Asia Pacific.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are likely to be potential markets for depth filtration during the forecast period. However, lack of initiatives by governments toward research & development is projected to hamper the growth of the depth filtration market in these regions.
Key Players Operating in Global Depth Filtration Market
- Sartorius AG
- FILTROX AG
- Merck KGaA
- Pall Corporation (Danaher)
- Parker Hannifin Corp.
- Amazon Filters Ltd.
- Graver Technologies
- Trinity Filtration Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Other prominent players
Global Depth Filtration Market: Research Scope
Global Depth Filtration Market, by Media Type
- Diatomaceous Earth
- Activated Carbon
Global Depth Filtration Market, by Product Type
- Filter Cartridge
- Capsule Filter
- Sheet Filter
- Filter Modules
Global Depth Filtration Market, by Application
- Final Product Processing
- Small molecules
- Cell Clarification
- Raw material
- Media & Buffer
- Bioburden Testing
- Other Applications
Global Depth Filtration Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.