Global Depth Filters Market – Introduction
- Depth filters are used to separate suspended particles or liquid droplets from a carrying fluid within the thickness of the filter medium. Depth filtration consists of a wide variety of different filter sheet media, which can be used for various purposes such as turbidity removal i.e. from coarse to fine particles, chill haze removal, polishing filtration, colloidal removal, and also for removal of microbial spoilage or reduction of microorganism (mold, yeast, and bacteria).
- Depth filters are most commonly used in downstream bioprocessing, so as to separate cell debris, cells, and other colloidal substances. In addition, depth filters enable fine deposit removal with flexibility, so as to develop large filter cakes if needed.
- Depth filters function through different ways of retention involving interception, sieving, absorption, and adsorption.
- Depth filters normally constitute higher flow rates and loading capabilities compared to membrane filters. Additionally, with the use of depth filters, the filtration process are done for large volume applications such as plasma filtration, essential oils extraction, water removal, and transformer oil filtration, due to the combination of fast filtration and high loading capacity.
- Moreover, depth filters are widely used across different industries such as food and beverages, healthcare, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology, owing to its capability of extracting solid materials from the liquids.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Depth Filters Market – Dynamics
Key Drivers of the Global Depth Filters Market
- Increase in production of large molecules and biologics, and rise in R&D expenditure in biotechnology and biopharmaceuticals companies across developed and developing regions is expected to fuel the growth of the depth filter market over the forecast period.
- Additionally, several benefits such as user friendly characteristics and low cost is expected to further boost the global depth filter market.
- Rising need for depth filters in the food and beverages industry due to the use of raw materials used in the manufacturing process is one of the major factors driving the demand for depth filters.
- Moreover, depth filters are used in the manufacturing process of pharmaceutical drug therapies, which is expected to boost their demand worldwide.
North America to Hold Significant Share of the Global Depth Filters Market
- North America is anticipated to constitute a significant share of the global depth filters market during the forecast period due to expansion of the oil & gas industry in the region.
- The global depth filters market in Europe is expected to expand significantly in the next few years, due to growth of the food and beverage and pharmaceutical industry in the region.
- Increasing investment in healthcare and growing per capita income in Asia Pacific is expected to enhance the growth of the global depth filter market. Besides, the developing markets of Asia Pacific such as China, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea, and Singapore are productive markets for depth filters due to increasing outsourcing services offered by different biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical companies from these countries.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Global Depth Filters Market – Competition Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global depth filters market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–30% of the market share. Key players operating in the global depth filters market include:
- Filtteck Co. Ltd..
- Merck KGaA, Darmstadt
- 3M Company
- Alfa Laval
- Filtrox AG
- Pall Corporation.
- Cantel Medical
- Parker Hannifin Corporation
- Donaldson Company
- Carl Stuart Group
- Meissner Filtration Products, Inc.
Global Depth Filters Market – Research Scope
The global depth filters market can be segmented based on:
- Product type
- Media Type
- Distribution Channel
Global Depth Filters Market, by Product Type
Based on product type, the global depth filters market can be divided into:
- Cartridge Filters
- Capsule Filters
- Filter Modules
- Filter Sheets
- Other Products (Filter Bags and Filter Papers)
Global Depth Filters Market, by Media Type
On the basis of media type, the global depth filters market can be segregated into:
- Diatomaceous Earth
- Activated Carbon
Global Depth Filters Market, by Distribution Channel
In terms of distribution channel, the global depth filters market can be segmented into:
- Direct sales
- Indirect sales
Global Depth Filters Market, by Configuration
On the basis of configuration, the global depth filters market can be segmented into:
- Bottom-In–Top-Out Mode (Inline) Configuration
- Bottom-In–Bottom-Out Mode (T-Configuration)
Global Depth Filters Market, by Application
Based on application, the global depth filters market can be categorized into:
- Final Product Processing
- Small Molecule Processing
- Biologics Processing
- Cell Clarification
- Raw Material Filtration,
- Media and Buffer Filtration
- Bio burden Testing
- Micro electrons
- Other Applications (Water Purification and Viral Clearance)
Global Depth Filters Market, by Industry
On the basis of industry, the global depth filters market can be segregated into:
- Food and Beverage Industries
- Fine and Specialty Chemicals
- Oil & Gas
- Industrial manufacturing
Global Depth Filters Market, by Region
Based on region, the global depth filters market can be divided into:
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.