Depilation or hair removal is the deliberate removal of human body hair. Products used for human body hair removal for beatification and medical purposes among others are known as depilatory products. Methods of hair removal that uses depilatory products include shaving, waxing, sugaring, laser treatments and electrolysis among others. Depilation is done both for beautification and medical purposes. Clinical hair removal and laser treatments include the use of electronic devices and laser technology that alters the skin’s condition in order to remove body hair unlike cosmetic products which removes hair superficially. The global market for depilatory products has been segmented into product type and geography. By product type, the global depilatory products market is segmented into waxes and wax strips, hair removal creams, razors and blades and electronic hair removal devices. Hair and hair removal creams dominated the global market closely followed by wax and wax strips.
Major drivers driving the global depilatory products market includes increased demand for do it yourself (DIY) hair removal methods. This is more convenient for consumers than going to salon and spas for hair removal treatments. In addition, DIY hair removal methods are more cost effective and they can be done at the comfort of one’s home. DIY products are also convenient for on the o purpose which makes them a great fit for travelling. Another major driver driving the global market for depilatory products market is additional properties such as moisturizing, skin smoothening of skin and anti tanning properties in depilatory products.
In addition, increased spending by men for personal grooming is driving the market in a positive way. Another major driver driving the global depilatory products market includes advancement in depilatory technologies such as Aromaguard which facilitates odor less hair depilation and creams that depilates in a very less time. Increased use of organic products is restraining the overall market growth of the global depilatory market. Presence of harmful chemicals in depilatory products such as calcium thioglycolate and sodium hydroxide among others is restraining overall global market growth. These chemicals help in faster removal of hair. In addition, chemicals like calcium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide and thioglycolic acid are used in depilatory products as they help in dissolution of the hair roots making them easy to remove. But these chemicals are harmful for skin especially when used for a prolonged period of time. This is acting as a major restraint as consumers are getting increasingly aware of these effects. Increased penetration in markets such as Middle East and Latin America can prove to be great opportunities for the global depilatory products market. As consumers in these regions are getting increasingly aware of depilatory products, demand for the same is increasing over time. Penetration by global players can prove to be great profit making opportunity.
Geographically, the global depilatory market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa and Latin America. Europe constitutes the largest share of the global market closely followed by North America. This is attributed to large population of fashion and grooming conscious consumers in these regions. Asia Pacific is the fastest growing region among all the regions owing to increased young population, rising disposable income, and increased awareness of personal growing products. Middle East & Africa and Latin America constitute the smallest shares due to persistent lack of knowledge and low standard of living in these regions.
Major players of the global depilatory product market includes L’Oreal SA (Île-de-France, France), Reckitt Benckiser (Slough, U.K.), Procter & Gamble (Ohio, U.S.), Coty Inc. (New York, U.S.), Church & Dwight (New Jersey, U.S.) and Nad's (Sydney, Australia) among others.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.