Increase in Incidence of Oral Diseases to Drive Global Market
- For well-being, clean and healthy teeth are important. In the first place, dental health is related to healthy eating, dental hygiene, drinking habits, fluoride use, and regular dental checkups.
- The global rate of incidence of oral diseases (including oral cancer, dental caries, plaques, pyorrhea, and gingivitis) is rising constantly. According to the WHO, in 2017, 15%– 20% of adults aged between 38 and 50 years were diagnosed globally with severe periodontal diseases resulting in tooth loss. Moreover, nearly 30% of people aged between 66 and 76 years had no natural teeth.
- Dental treatment is no longer a painful experience, due to advancement in technologies such as laser and electrosurgery. These allow very precise incision during surgeries with minimal damage caused to the adjacent tissues, which leads to rapid healing. With the advent of CAD/CAM, treatment time required for prosthodontic restorations has decreased to one day. This has led to increased patient compliance for dental treatment. Moreover, replacement of the conventional radiology methods by the digital radiology method has facilitated archiving of treatment records, leading to increasing adoption of the digital radiology method by dental practitioners. This is a significant factor driving the market. Developed regions such as North America and Europe have been adopting new technologies extensively. With the rise in disposable incomes, the rate of adoption in developing regions is also expected to increase.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Dental Surgical and Diagnostic Devices Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Dental Surgical and Diagnostic Devices Market
- Dental tourism is driving the dental surgical and diagnostic devices market, especially in developing regions such as Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe. This is owing to availability of similar quality of dental services at significantly lower prices in these regions, compared to developed regions such as North America and Europe. Some of the common migrations include patients in Europe and North America touring to Latin America and patients in Middle East & Africa touring to Asia.
- In the U.S., dental treatment coverage under the Government’s Medicare and Medicaid policies is basic. Moreover, according to the 2018 U.S. Census Bureau, 28.3 million people in the country are uninsured. This leads to people opting for dental treatment in developing regions such as Latin America and Asia Pacific, wherein the treatment is less expensive than the one available in the U.S.
Dental Radiology Devices Segment Expected to Dominate Global Market
- Based on product, the global market for dental surgical and diagnostic devices can be categorized into CAD/CAM systems, dental chairs, dental radiology devices, dental lasers, and others. Furthermore, the dental radiology devices segment can be sub-categorized into digital X-ray, dental imaging devices, and others.
- The dental lasers segment can be sub-divided into soft tissue lasers and hard tissue lasers. Furthermore, the soft tissue lasers sub-segment can be divided into gas lasers, diode lasers, and solid state lasers.
- The dental radiology devices segment is expected to dominate the global dental surgical and diagnostic devices market between 2019 and 2027
Dental Abnormalities Segment has Significant Growth Potential
- Based on application, the global dental surgical and diagnostic devices market can be divided into dental fractures, dental abnormalities, and others
- Increasing prevalence of dental and oral disorders across the globe is one of the major factors driving the global dental surgical and diagnostic devices market
North America to Dominate Global Market for Dental Surgical and Diagnostic Devices
- In terms of region, the global dental surgical and diagnostic devices market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of market share, North America is expected to dominate the global dental surgical and diagnostic devices market during the forecast period. The trend is expected to remain almost the same in the next few years.
- According to the WHO, the rate of prevalence of dental caries was the maximum in North America, with a DMFT (Decayed, Missing, and Filled Teeth) count of 2.35 among 12-year olds in 2018. DMFT measures the rate of prevalence of dental diseases. It is the indicator of an average number of diseased teeth in the mouth of the group of individuals under consideration. This explains the need for dental treatment in North America and, thereby, high demand for dental surgical and diagnostic devices required to treat them. This is a major factor driving the market in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Dental Surgical and Diagnostic Devices Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global dental surgical and diagnostic devices market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers of dental surgical and diagnostic devices operating in the global market are:
- A-dec Inc.
- American Medicals
- Ivoclar Vivadent Marketing (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Hu-Friedy Mfg. Co., LLC
- Dentsply Sirona
- Midmark Corporation
Global Dental Surgical and Diagnostic Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Dental Surgical and Diagnostic Devices Market, by Product
- CAD/CAM Systems
- Dental Chairs
- Dental Radiology Devices
- Digital X-ray
- Dental Imaging Devices
- Dental Lasers
- Soft Tissue Lasers
- Gas Lasers
- Diode Lasers
- Solid State Lasers
- Hard Tissue Lasers
- Soft Tissue Lasers
Global Dental Surgical and Diagnostic Devices Market, by Application
- Dental Fractures
- Dental Abnormalities
Global Dental Surgical and Diagnostic Devices Market, by End-user
- Dental Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global Dental Surgical and Diagnostic Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.