Dental Rapid Prototyping Systems: Introduction
- Rapid prototyping (RP) is one of the applications of rapid manufacturing and a type of computer-aided technology that is capable of making physical objects directly from three-dimensional (3D) computer data by adding a layer-upon-layer
- In dentistry, rapid prototyping is largely affected by reverse engineering (RE). RE is used to scan or capture the image of the tooth, limb, cranium, and other biological objects.
- Dental rapid prototyping systems help in the development of customized dental models such as implants, bridges, crowns, and dentures. Thus, these offer better patient outcomes.
Key Drivers of Global Dental Rapid Prototyping Systems Market
- Increase in number of patients with tooth decay and unhealthy eating habits is projected to boost the global dental rapid prototyping systems market. According to the World Health Organization, around 3.5 Bn people were suffering from oral diseases in 2017; caries of permanent teeth was the most common condition. Globally, 2.3 billion people are estimated to suffer from caries of permanent teeth, while more than 530 million children are estimated to suffer from caries of primary teeth.
- Major market players are adopting merger & acquisition as a growth strategy. Key players are focusing on to launching new technologically advanced products with the help of other companies. In January 2019, Dentsply Sirona entered into a strategic collaboration with Carbon Partner to deliver groundbreaking denture materials for the latter’s digital 3D printing solutions.
- In November 2019, 3D Systems, Inc. received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) clearance for new biocompatible denture material: NextDent Denture 3D+. The combination of this new dental 3D printing material, NextDent 5100 dental 3D printer, and industry-leading intra-oral scanning and dental software solutions yields an end-to-end digital dentistry solution.
Rapid Prototyping 3D Printer Product Type Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of product type, the global dental rapid prototyping systems market can be bifurcated into rapid prototyping 3D printer and rapid prototyping software
- The rapid prototyping 3D printer segment accounted for the major share of the global dental rapid prototyping systems market in 2019. Technological advancement and new product launch are likely to drive the segment in the near future.
Hospitals to be Highly Promising End-user Segment
- Based on end-user, the global dental rapid prototyping systems market can be classified into hospitals, dental clinics, and others
- Dental clinics was the key segment of the market in terms of revenue in 2019. The trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the rise in prevalence of oral diseases and increasing preference for dental clinics for the treatment of oral diseases.
North America to Dominate Global Dental Rapid Prototyping Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global dental rapid prototyping systems market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global dental rapid prototyping systems market in 2019. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. The region’s dominance can be ascribed to the increase in number of people with oral diseases, presence of major players, and well-established health care system.
- The dental rapid prototyping systems market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increase in adoption of new products and rise in demand for dental rapid prototyping systems in emerging countries of the region such as India and China
Key Players Operating in Global Dental Rapid Prototyping Systems Market
The global dental rapid prototyping systems market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global market are:
- BIOLASE Technology, Inc.
- A-dec, Inc.
- Dentsply Sirona
- AMD LASERS
- Danaher Corporation
- Carestream Health, Inc.
- KaVo Dental
- Gnatus Medical-Dental Equipments
- DCI International
Global Dental Rapid Prototyping Systems Market: Research Scope
- Dental Rapid Prototyping Systems Market, by Product Type
- Rapid Prototyping 3D Printer
- Rapid Prototyping Software
Global Dental Rapid Prototyping Systems Market, by End-user
- Dental Clinics
Global Dental Rapid Prototyping Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!