Dental Rapid Prototyping Systems: Introduction
- Rapid prototyping (RP) is one of the applications of rapid manufacturing and a type of computer-aided technology that is capable of making physical objects directly from three-dimensional (3D) computer data by adding a layer-upon-layer
- In dentistry, rapid prototyping is largely affected by reverse engineering (RE). RE is used to scan or capture the image of the tooth, limb, cranium, and other biological objects.
- Dental rapid prototyping systems help in the development of customized dental models such as implants, bridges, crowns, and dentures. Thus, these offer better patient outcomes.
Key Drivers of Global Dental Rapid Prototyping Systems Market
- Increase in number of patients with tooth decay and unhealthy eating habits is projected to boost the global dental rapid prototyping systems market. According to the World Health Organization, around 3.5 Bn people were suffering from oral diseases in 2017; caries of permanent teeth was the most common condition. Globally, 2.3 billion people are estimated to suffer from caries of permanent teeth, while more than 530 million children are estimated to suffer from caries of primary teeth.
- Major market players are adopting merger & acquisition as a growth strategy. Key players are focusing on to launching new technologically advanced products with the help of other companies. In January 2019, Dentsply Sirona entered into a strategic collaboration with Carbon Partner to deliver groundbreaking denture materials for the latter’s digital 3D printing solutions.
- In November 2019, 3D Systems, Inc. received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) clearance for new biocompatible denture material: NextDent Denture 3D+. The combination of this new dental 3D printing material, NextDent 5100 dental 3D printer, and industry-leading intra-oral scanning and dental software solutions yields an end-to-end digital dentistry solution.
Rapid Prototyping 3D Printer Product Type Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of product type, the global dental rapid prototyping systems market can be bifurcated into rapid prototyping 3D printer and rapid prototyping software
- The rapid prototyping 3D printer segment accounted for the major share of the global dental rapid prototyping systems market in 2019. Technological advancement and new product launch are likely to drive the segment in the near future.
Hospitals to be Highly Promising End-user Segment
- Based on end-user, the global dental rapid prototyping systems market can be classified into hospitals, dental clinics, and others
- Dental clinics was the key segment of the market in terms of revenue in 2019. The trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the rise in prevalence of oral diseases and increasing preference for dental clinics for the treatment of oral diseases.
North America to Dominate Global Dental Rapid Prototyping Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global dental rapid prototyping systems market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global dental rapid prototyping systems market in 2019. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. The region’s dominance can be ascribed to the increase in number of people with oral diseases, presence of major players, and well-established health care system.
- The dental rapid prototyping systems market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increase in adoption of new products and rise in demand for dental rapid prototyping systems in emerging countries of the region such as India and China
Key Players Operating in Global Dental Rapid Prototyping Systems Market
The global dental rapid prototyping systems market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global market are:
- BIOLASE Technology, Inc.
- A-dec, Inc.
- Dentsply Sirona
- AMD LASERS
- Danaher Corporation
- Carestream Health, Inc.
- KaVo Dental
- Gnatus Medical-Dental Equipments
- DCI International
Global Dental Rapid Prototyping Systems Market: Research Scope
- Dental Rapid Prototyping Systems Market, by Product Type
- Rapid Prototyping 3D Printer
- Rapid Prototyping Software
Global Dental Rapid Prototyping Systems Market, by End-user
- Dental Clinics
Global Dental Rapid Prototyping Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.