Dental Radiology Equipment: Introduction
- Dental radiology equipment are innovative technology devices in the world of medicine that make diagnosis and surgery easier to perform. Dental radiology equipment such as cone-beam computed tomography imaging, extraoral X-ray systems, intraoral plate scanners, and intraoral X-ray systems are used for dental imaging to diagnose various dental disorders and cavities, and diseases such as tooth decay, gingivitis, dental caries, and others. Extraoral X-ray systems are utilized to examine larger areas of the jaw and skull, monitor growth & development of craniofacial skeleton, to locate impacted teeth and large pathological lesions, and evaluate the temporomandibular joint. Intraoral X-ray systems are primarily used to assess pulp and root canal morphology, support alveolar bone status, and detect & evaluate roots and root canal morphology. Cone-beam computed tomography imaging is used to produce three-dimensional image of teeth, soft tissues, nerve pathways, and bone in a single scan. New breakthroughs in computer technology and medical technologies, on the other hand, are improving surgical vision, accuracy, and control. These factors are anticipated to boost the demand for medical dental radiology equipment during surgical procedures.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Dental Radiology Equipment Market
- Rapid Developments in Technology
- Advancements in medical imaging technologies, increase in investment in dental radiology equipment research by health care companies, rise in demand for radiology systems in the field of dental health care equipment, growing patient preference for less invasive surgeries, and undesirable consequences connected with the use of traditional diagnostic procedures drive the global dental radiology equipment market. Cone-beam computed tomography imaging has been widely applied in various dental surgeries.
- Dental radiology equipment are currently used to diagnose various dental disorders, dental cavities, and dental diseases such as tooth decay, gingivitis, and dental caries in the U.S. The dental radiology equipment market is projected to be driven by rise in the number of dental disorders, increase in the global geriatric population, and surge in demand for dental radiology equipment during the forecast period.
- High dental radiology equipment and maintenance cost, increase in research & development spending, and lack of awareness are anticipated to hamper the growth of the dental radiology equipment market in the next few years.
Global Dental Radiology Equipment Market: Segmentation
- In terms of type, the global dental radiology equipment market can be classified into extraoral X-ray systems, intraoral X-ray systems, intraoral plate scanners, cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) imaging, and others
- Based on treatment, the global dental radiology equipment market can be categorized into endodontic orthodontic, periodontic, prosthodontics, and others
- In terms of end-user, the global dental radiology equipment market can be divided into ambulatory surgical centers, dental clinics, hospitals, and others
Asia Pacific Dental Radiology Equipment Market to Grow at a Rapid Pace
- In terms of region, the global dental radiology equipment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global dental radiology equipment market in 2020 due to rise in prevalence of dental disorders, dental cavities, and dental diseases such as tooth decay, gingivitis, and dental caries; increase in the global geriatric population, sophisticated lifestyle of people, and high per capita health care expenditure by governments. Early-phase diagnosis and surgery for diseases drive the medical devices and pharmaceutical market, which in turn, is likely to propel the dental radiology equipment market in North America.
- Europe was the second leading market for dental radiology equipment in 2020 due to rise in prevalence of dental diseases, increase in focus on oral hygiene, and favorable government policies on health care infrastructure
- The dental radiology equipment market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace due to increase in geriatric population, rise in frequency of dental injuries and accidents requiring surgery, changing lifestyles of people, surge in awareness about dental surgery, high per capita spending, and increase in demand for dental radiology equipment. Moreover, economic growth in countries such as India and China in Asia Pacific and Brazil in Latin America has aided the development of health care infrastructure in these regions. This presents significant opportunities in the dental radiology equipment market in these regions during the forecast period.
Leading Players Operating in Global Dental Radiology Equipment Market
The global dental radiology equipment market was highly fragmented in 2020. Key players operating in the global dental radiology equipment market are:
- Air Techniques, Inc.
- Carestream Health, Inc.
- Cefla SC
- Danaher Corporation
- Dentsply Sirona
- GE Healthcare
- Envista Holdings Corp.
- Financiere Acteon
- Hitachi Medical Corporation
- Midmark Corporation
- Planmeca Group
- Siemens Healthcare
- Shenzhen Anke High-tech Co. Ltd.
- The Yoshida Dental Mfg. Co. Ltd.
- Varex Imaging Corp.
Global Dental Radiology Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global Dental Radiology Equipment Market, by Type
- Extraoral X-ray Systems
- Intraoral X-ray Systems
- Intraoral Plate Scanners
- Cone-beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) Imaging
Global Dental Radiology Equipment Market, by Treatment
Global Dental Radiology Equipment Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Dental Clinics
Global Dental Radiology Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!