Dental Laboratory Welders Market: Introduction
- Welding between abutment elements during metal framework construction or even after ceramics application has been used by majority of dentists to alleviate problems related to laboratory distortions that are reflected in prosthesis' mismatch in the marginal area. The welding process offers the benefit of working with prosthetic segments to generate a prosthetic framework with less distortion, allowing for a better fit to the abutments. It encourages uniform stress distribution and reduces damage and failure in the bone, implant, and prosthesis.
- Dental laboratory welder is an important tool, which aids in the welding of various types of parts composed of similar or dissimilar alloys, such as titanium-based alloys, cobalt-chromium (CoCr) alloys, and even gold-palladium (AuPd) alloys. It is a more efficient and error-free alternative to conventional soldering and brazing. These welders assist technicians in dental laboratories with fabrication and reconstructive repair procedures such as new cast clasp assembly, loops & posts for tooth additions, cast extensions for existing partials, new wrought wire single-arm clasping, and several other common laboratory welding services.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Dental Laboratory Welders Market
- Rise in technological advancements in dental treatment and high success rate of laser welding techniques in orthodontic operations boost the growth of the global market. According to the Dental Economic, dental laser welding is currently the most advanced and precise technology compared to conventional welding. These advanced methods allow for intra-oral treatment, reduced distortion, excellent mechanical strength, and corrosion resistance. Hence, a number of professionals have started to use dental welders.
- Dental welding is used in clasp assembly, which functions as a retainer/stabilizer for the prosthesis by totally or partially enclosing abutments and offers indirect support to the implants. Therefore, an increase in dental implant procedures is projected to drive the global dental laboratory welders market. However, high cost of dental laboratory welders is anticipated to act as a restraint of the global market.
- The global dental laboratory welders market has been negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, as patient appointments for surgical procedures was suspended. However, a number of governments have permitted the resumption of elective surgical operations, and clinics have resumed orthodontic procedures while adhering to stringent COVID-19 standards. Moreover, dentists anticipate that there will be a spike in demand for oral care and dental treatment following the COVID-19 crisis, which is expected to accelerate market growth.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Dental Laboratory Welders Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global dental laboratory welders market during the forecast period. High prevalence of dental diseases and rise in public awareness about oral preventive and restorative therapies are anticipated to boost the growth of the market in the region.
- The dental laboratory welders market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increase in adoption of intraoral dental welding procedures. Moreover, introduction of novel technologies such as CAD/CAM-based dental restorations and high level of awareness about dental procedures are likely to drive the market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Dental Laboratory Welders Market
Leading market players focus on organic growth strategies such as product launches, product approval, and others. These activities have created opportunities for the expansion of the business and customer base of these players. Major players operating in the global are:
- Sunstone Engineering LLC
- IPG Photonics
- Max Photonics
- Alpha Laser
- Other prominent players
Global Dental Laboratory Welders Market: Research Scope
Global Dental Laboratory Welders Market, by Type
Global Dental Laboratory Welders Market, by Application
- Cast Repairs
- New Clasp Assembly
- Loops & Posts for Implants
- Wrought Wire Single-Arm Clasping
- Crown & Bridge Cases
- Implant Restorations
Global Dental Laboratory Welders Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!