Dental Infection Treatment Market: Introduction
- Dental infections, also known as dental abscess, are infections initiated in the tooth that can adversely affect surrounding tissues. Dental infection is the most common infectious disease. Moreover, it leads to serious health issues evidently. The root cause of dental infections is occurrence of bacteria in the pulp which then spread around surrounding tissues. The main reason behind these infections is trauma, dental caries, and any kind of dental procedures. Periodontal infections are the most common. These are often called gum disease that is the infection of the tissues which hold tooth in the place. Periodontal infections majorly affect gums leading to gingivitis and end up in causing periodontitis. Periodontal infections are caused by poor dental hygiene or plaque formation and inflammation in the tissues around teeth.
- As per NCBI research published in November 2019, it was estimated that on average of four years 13% of the adult seek dental care treatment for toothache or dental infections. As per National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, dental infections are likely to affect around 90% of adults and 42% children in age group of 6 to 19 years.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Dental Infection Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Dental Infection Treatment Market
- Increase in dental infections, awareness about treatment of dental infections, availability of pharmaceutical drugs, and adoption of orthodontic surgeries are major driving factors for the dental infection treatment market. Increase in patient population with dental plaques or caries boosts the growth of the dental infection treatment market. Dental caries is still a major oral health issue observed in most industrialized countries, affecting 60% to 90% of schoolchildren and a majority of adults.
- According to a report published by the World Health Organization (WHO) in 2016, 60% to 80% of schoolchildren across the globe have dental plaques or cavities, often leading to severe pain and discomfort. Moreover, changing lifestyle; growing geriatric population; and rise in incidence of tooth loss, dental cavities, and a variety of periodontal conditions are primary drivers for the global dental infection treatment market.
- According to the WHO, the global elderly population, which stood at around 524 million in 2010, is expected to reach around 2 billion by 2050, growing rapidly in developed countries such as Italy, Germany, the U.K., the U.S., and Japan. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, around 40 million people in the country belonged to the elderly category in 2011. Also, around 89 million people would be aged 65 years or above by 2050. This factor is likely to augment the demand for dental infection treatment procedures in the near future. However, less awareness about the side effects amongst patient population, high cost of the dental infection treatment procedure, and improper diagnosis are likely to be restraining factors for the dental infection treatment market.
North America to Lead Global Dental Infection Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global dental infection treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the dental infection treatment market during the forecast period, owing to prevalence of various types of dental infections including periodontitis conditions, plaque, or caries in the region. Furthermore, supportive health care expenditure, government initiatives, and creating awareness about dental infections drive the market in the region. Moreover, as per NCBI research estimation in November 2019, in the U.S., 1 person per 2600, is hospitalized due to dental infections. Periodontitis is the most common dental infection affecting around 35% of the people in the U.S. in the age group of 30 to 90 years of age. According the findings published by the Canadian Dental Association in March 2017, the economic burden of oral diseases on Canada is nearly US$ 1.0 Bn. All this statistics is likely to boost the dental infection treatment market in North America.
- Asia Pacific is likely to be the fastest growing region in the next few years, owing to increase in patient population suffering from dental infections, improvement in health care system, increase in disposable income, developing infrastructure with established proper supply channels of key market players, and rise in market penetration of local manufacturers catering the demand for affordable care in the region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Dental Infection Treatment Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Dental Infection Treatment Market
The market of dental infection treatment market is fragmented and major share is captured by a prominent few players. Major players involved in offering dental infection treatment are:
- Kerr Corporation
- Patterson Dental Supply, Inc.
- Henry Schein, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson Services Inc.
- Septodont Healthcare India Pvt. Ltd
- Bayer AG
- Ultradent Products Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited
Global Dental Infection Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Dental Infection Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Root Canal
- Tooth Extraction
Global Dental Infection Treatment Market, by Type
Global Dental Infection Treatment Market, by End-user
- Dental clinics
Global Dental Infection Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.