Dental Infection Treatment Market: Introduction
- Dental infections, also known as dental abscess, are infections initiated in the tooth that can adversely affect surrounding tissues. Dental infection is the most common infectious disease. Moreover, it leads to serious health issues evidently. The root cause of dental infections is occurrence of bacteria in the pulp which then spread around surrounding tissues. The main reason behind these infections is trauma, dental caries, and any kind of dental procedures. Periodontal infections are the most common. These are often called gum disease that is the infection of the tissues which hold tooth in the place. Periodontal infections majorly affect gums leading to gingivitis and end up in causing periodontitis. Periodontal infections are caused by poor dental hygiene or plaque formation and inflammation in the tissues around teeth.
- As per NCBI research published in November 2019, it was estimated that on average of four years 13% of the adult seek dental care treatment for toothache or dental infections. As per National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, dental infections are likely to affect around 90% of adults and 42% children in age group of 6 to 19 years.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Dental Infection Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Dental Infection Treatment Market
- Increase in dental infections, awareness about treatment of dental infections, availability of pharmaceutical drugs, and adoption of orthodontic surgeries are major driving factors for the dental infection treatment market. Increase in patient population with dental plaques or caries boosts the growth of the dental infection treatment market. Dental caries is still a major oral health issue observed in most industrialized countries, affecting 60% to 90% of schoolchildren and a majority of adults.
- According to a report published by the World Health Organization (WHO) in 2016, 60% to 80% of schoolchildren across the globe have dental plaques or cavities, often leading to severe pain and discomfort. Moreover, changing lifestyle; growing geriatric population; and rise in incidence of tooth loss, dental cavities, and a variety of periodontal conditions are primary drivers for the global dental infection treatment market.
- According to the WHO, the global elderly population, which stood at around 524 million in 2010, is expected to reach around 2 billion by 2050, growing rapidly in developed countries such as Italy, Germany, the U.K., the U.S., and Japan. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, around 40 million people in the country belonged to the elderly category in 2011. Also, around 89 million people would be aged 65 years or above by 2050. This factor is likely to augment the demand for dental infection treatment procedures in the near future. However, less awareness about the side effects amongst patient population, high cost of the dental infection treatment procedure, and improper diagnosis are likely to be restraining factors for the dental infection treatment market.
North America to Lead Global Dental Infection Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global dental infection treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the dental infection treatment market during the forecast period, owing to prevalence of various types of dental infections including periodontitis conditions, plaque, or caries in the region. Furthermore, supportive health care expenditure, government initiatives, and creating awareness about dental infections drive the market in the region. Moreover, as per NCBI research estimation in November 2019, in the U.S., 1 person per 2600, is hospitalized due to dental infections. Periodontitis is the most common dental infection affecting around 35% of the people in the U.S. in the age group of 30 to 90 years of age. According the findings published by the Canadian Dental Association in March 2017, the economic burden of oral diseases on Canada is nearly US$ 1.0 Bn. All this statistics is likely to boost the dental infection treatment market in North America.
- Asia Pacific is likely to be the fastest growing region in the next few years, owing to increase in patient population suffering from dental infections, improvement in health care system, increase in disposable income, developing infrastructure with established proper supply channels of key market players, and rise in market penetration of local manufacturers catering the demand for affordable care in the region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Dental Infection Treatment Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Dental Infection Treatment Market
The market of dental infection treatment market is fragmented and major share is captured by a prominent few players. Major players involved in offering dental infection treatment are:
- Kerr Corporation
- Patterson Dental Supply, Inc.
- Henry Schein, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson Services Inc.
- Septodont Healthcare India Pvt. Ltd
- Bayer AG
- Ultradent Products Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited
Global Dental Infection Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Dental Infection Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Root Canal
- Tooth Extraction
Global Dental Infection Treatment Market, by Type
Global Dental Infection Treatment Market, by End-user
- Dental clinics
Global Dental Infection Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.