Dental Handpieces Market: Introduction
- Dental handpieces are considered essential tools in any dental practice. These are used by dentists, hygienists, specialists, and lab technicians. These handpieces are used to perform the most routine prophy appointment or complicated endodontic, surgical or restorative treatment. Some handpieces are designed for various common uses, while specialized handpieces are suited only for specific procedures. It is important to have the correct handpiece while practice along with the systems required to clean and maintain the handpieces.
- Dental handpieces and related equipment can be divided into a number of categories. Within those categories, there are multiple ways components can be organized. The dental handpiece available presently is a sophisticated combination of precision parts moving in perfect synchronization at extremely high speed. This combination delivers a smooth, powerful cut that allows a clinician to conduct various sophisticated dental procedures in an efficient manner with as little discomfort to the patient as possible.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Dental Handpieces Market
- Rise in prevalence of oral problems globally is expected to be a major driver of the global dental handpieces market during the forecast period. Moreover, the trend is shifting from conventional to advanced dental services. Traditional dental services are overpowered by advanced dental care services, such as cosmetic dentistry and laser dentistry, which is not possible without the help of dental handpieces. Adoption of dental handpieces is increasing among oral care specialists and practitioners.
- High initial cost of some of the advanced dental hand pieces is a major restraint of the global dental handpieces market. Technological advancements will make these handpieces more affordable in the next few years.
- According to the Ontario Academy of General Dentistry, total dental visits will increase from 294 million in 2017 to 319 million in 2040. Increase in dental visits indicates the importance and awareness about dental health among people. This is expected to create significant opportunities in the global dental handpieces market in the near future.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Dental Handpiece Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global dental handpieces market during the forecast period. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 47.2% adults aged 30 years and older have some form of periodontal disease. Moreover, incidence of periodontal disease increases with age; 70.1% adults 65 years and older have periodontal disease. In the U.S., the American Dental Association sponsors the National Children’s Dental Health Month during February to raise awareness among children and their parents about the importance of dental health. These factors are anticipated to drive the market in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. The region is home to prominent pharmaceuticals and medical instrument manufacturers. Moreover, awareness about dental hygiene and health among people in the region is expected to boost the growth of the dental handpieces market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Dental Handpiece Market
The global dental handpieces market is highly consolidated with the presence of small number of key players. These players hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global dental handpiece market include:
- Being Foshan Medical Equipment
- Dentsply Sirona
- Nouvag AG
Global Dental Handpiece Market, by Type
- Highspeed Air-driven Handpieces
- Lowspeed Air-driven Handpieces
- Electric Dental Handpieces
- Air-driven Surgical Handpieces
- Electric Surgical Handpieces
- Hygiene Handpieces
- Dental Laboratory Handpieces
- Portable Handpiece Systems
Global Dental Handpiece Market, by End-user
- Oral Hospitals
- Oral Clinics
- General Hospitals
Global Dental Handpiece Market: by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.