Dental Handpieces Market: Introduction
- Dental handpieces are considered essential tools in any dental practice. These are used by dentists, hygienists, specialists, and lab technicians. These handpieces are used to perform the most routine prophy appointment or complicated endodontic, surgical or restorative treatment. Some handpieces are designed for various common uses, while specialized handpieces are suited only for specific procedures. It is important to have the correct handpiece while practice along with the systems required to clean and maintain the handpieces.
- Dental handpieces and related equipment can be divided into a number of categories. Within those categories, there are multiple ways components can be organized. The dental handpiece available presently is a sophisticated combination of precision parts moving in perfect synchronization at extremely high speed. This combination delivers a smooth, powerful cut that allows a clinician to conduct various sophisticated dental procedures in an efficient manner with as little discomfort to the patient as possible.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Dental Handpieces Market
- Rise in prevalence of oral problems globally is expected to be a major driver of the global dental handpieces market during the forecast period. Moreover, the trend is shifting from conventional to advanced dental services. Traditional dental services are overpowered by advanced dental care services, such as cosmetic dentistry and laser dentistry, which is not possible without the help of dental handpieces. Adoption of dental handpieces is increasing among oral care specialists and practitioners.
- High initial cost of some of the advanced dental hand pieces is a major restraint of the global dental handpieces market. Technological advancements will make these handpieces more affordable in the next few years.
- According to the Ontario Academy of General Dentistry, total dental visits will increase from 294 million in 2017 to 319 million in 2040. Increase in dental visits indicates the importance and awareness about dental health among people. This is expected to create significant opportunities in the global dental handpieces market in the near future.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Dental Handpiece Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global dental handpieces market during the forecast period. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 47.2% adults aged 30 years and older have some form of periodontal disease. Moreover, incidence of periodontal disease increases with age; 70.1% adults 65 years and older have periodontal disease. In the U.S., the American Dental Association sponsors the National Children’s Dental Health Month during February to raise awareness among children and their parents about the importance of dental health. These factors are anticipated to drive the market in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. The region is home to prominent pharmaceuticals and medical instrument manufacturers. Moreover, awareness about dental hygiene and health among people in the region is expected to boost the growth of the dental handpieces market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Dental Handpiece Market
The global dental handpieces market is highly consolidated with the presence of small number of key players. These players hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global dental handpiece market include:
- Being Foshan Medical Equipment
- Dentsply Sirona
- Nouvag AG
Global Dental Handpiece Market, by Type
- Highspeed Air-driven Handpieces
- Lowspeed Air-driven Handpieces
- Electric Dental Handpieces
- Air-driven Surgical Handpieces
- Electric Surgical Handpieces
- Hygiene Handpieces
- Dental Laboratory Handpieces
- Portable Handpiece Systems
Global Dental Handpiece Market, by End-user
- Oral Hospitals
- Oral Clinics
- General Hospitals
Global Dental Handpiece Market: by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa