Dental Floss Market: Introduction
- Dental floss is a cord of thin filaments which is used to remove dental plaque and food from between teeth. It is used to clear the teeth from inside where a toothbrush cannot reach.
- The use of dental floss helps get rid of plaque, helps in reducing the risk of cavities, and helps in preventing gum disease such as gingivitis and periodontitis.
- The issue of plague and cavities are very common in people. Therefore, it is expected that the dental floss market will grow during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Dental Floss Market
- Awareness among consumers about new methods of flossing coupled with technological advancement in dental floss products such as water flossers, air flossers, and floss holders are helping consumers to deal with the problems faced by using the regular floss. The advancement in technology coupled with increasing consumer convenience and satisfaction is expected to drive the global dental floss market during the forecast period.
- The Covid-19 pandemic has made people health conscious. Consumers are taking utmost precaution to avoid any kind of infection or illness. This has resulted in rising demand for self-care products. The increase in awareness among people regarding the cons of not practicing dental flossing is expected to increase the demand for dental floss. It is an opportunity for manufacturers to cater to the increasing excess demand in the market, which is expected to fuel the dental floss market during the forecast period.
- The use of dental floss is high among adults as compared to children. It is essential for children as well to floss in order to prevent cavities and plaque build-up. Children really do not floss due to lack of awareness among parents about the pros of starting flossing at an early. Other reasons might be flavor and manual difficulties using regular floss. Therefore, manufacturers have an opportunity to target the kids’ market segment by introducing kid specific products in terms of different flavors and convenience.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Dental Floss Market
In terms of region, the dental floss market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is expected to be the dominant market for dental floss because of greater awareness among people regarding the use of dental floss. Furthermore, more studies are being done in North America to understand the issues and concerns of not practicing flossing. Thus, it has created awareness among the people to practice oral care hygiene and hence the region has the highest market share.
Key Players Operating in the Global Dental Floss Market
- Alfred Becht GmbH
- ALSCO Industries, Inc.
- Church and Dwight Co. Inc.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Dr. Fresh, LLC
- Johnson & Johnson
- Lion Corporation
- Prestige Consumer Healthcare, Inc.
- Procter & Gamble
Global Dental Floss Market: Research Scope
Global Dental Floss Market, by Type
- Multifilament Floss
- Monofilament Floss
- Dental Tape
- Super Floss
- Floss Picks
- Others (Water Flosser, Electric Flosser, etc.)
Global Dental Floss Market, by Form
Global Dental Floss Market, by Flavor
- Bubble gum
- Others (Coffee, Cocofloss, etc.)
Global Dental Floss Market, by Price
Global Dental Floss Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company owned websites
- Hypermarkets / Supermarkets
- Drug Stores
- Other retail stores
Global Dental Floss Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.