Dental crowns and bridges are artificial dental devices used to restore original dental state. These help to strengthen the tooth, modify the shape & size of tooth, and improve esthetic appearance. Dental crowns are a secure way to fill gaps and help restore your smile if you have missing or damaged teeth. A dental crown, also called dental cap, is placed over a tooth to completely encircle it to restore its shape and size, eventually improving its appearance. Crowns are often necessary to protect a weaker tooth from fracturing, as a replacement for partially decayed tooth, restore a broken tooth, join a bridge, cover a tooth implant, cover a badly shaped and discolored tooth, and hide a tooth that has undergone root canal treatment. A bridge is used to replace missing or extracted tooth by joining an artificial tooth to adjacent teeth or implants. It consists of two caps with a false tooth in between. These caps are placed on the tooth on either side of the missing tooth. The supporting teeth on either side of false tooth are also known as abutment teeth. Bridges are helpful to restore smile, restore ability to speak and chew, maintain the face shape, replace missing teeth to distribute chewing force more evenly, and prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position.
Increase in the geriatric population, rise in adoption of advanced dentistry technologies in developed countries, surge in edentulous population, high incidence of oral diseases, increase in per capita income, and rise in preference for cosmetic surgeries in youth drives the global dental crowns and bridges market. However, limited knowledge and awareness about dental implants, high cost, and long duration of treatment are expected to restrain the global market in the next few years. Increase in popularity of CAD/CAM technologies for the manufacture of dental crowns, GUM surgery by laser, and combination of dental crowns and veneers are the recent trends in the global dental crowns and bridges market.
The global dental crowns and bridges market can be segmented based on product type and material. In terms of product type, the market can be bifurcated into crowns and bridges. The bridges segment accounted for the largest market share due to increase in edentulous population compared to population with damaged tooth. The bridges segment can be divided into traditional dental bridges, cantilever bridges, Maryland bridges, and implant supported bridges. The type of dental bridge varies significantly depending on the current dental health, lifestyle, and budget. Traditional dental bridges dominate the market due to their ability to create a seamless appearance and improve dental health. The crowns segment can be classified into ceramic crowns, porcelain fused to metal crowns, gold alloy crowns, base metal alloy crowns, and glass crowns. The ceramic crowns segment accounted for the largest market share in 2017 due to cost effectiveness of these crowns. The trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Based on material, the global dental crowns and bridges market can be categorized into ceramic and metal. The ceramic segment held the largest share of the dental crowns and bridges market due to the close resemblance of ceramics with natural tooth.
In terms of region, the global dental crowns and bridges market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global market followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Growth of the dental crowns and bridges market in North America is attributed to high incidence of missing teeth, rise in the geriatric population, presence of major players in the region, and favorable reimbursement policies in the U.S. The dental crowns and bridges market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the highest CAGR owing to increase in per capita income, rise in the middle class population, and surge in consciousness about appearance, low cost of treatment in India and China, and growing medical tourism.
Major players operating in the global dental crowns and bridges market include Straumann, Nobel Biocare, Dentsply Sirona, Zimmer Biomet, BioHorizons, 3M, Ivoclar Vivadent, Camlog Holding, Heraeus Holding and Wieland Dental.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.