Dental Contra Angle Market: Introduction
- A dental contra angle is a handpiece, which is used in dentistry to reach less accessible areas of the mouth. The dental contra angle has one or more bends, which provides the shaft of the rotary instrument an angle. The contra angle is used for intraoral as well as extraoral procedures to remove decay, polish amalgam restorations, refine cavity preparation, adjust crowns & bridges, and adjust dentures. Bur (a part that drills into the teeth) vibrate less with contra angle handpieces, hence are used for finer work.
- The two major types of contra angle handpieces in the market are high-speed handpiece low-speed handpiece. A high-speed contra angle handpiece operates at speeds between 100,000 rpm and 800,000 rpm, while the low-speed contra angle handpiece operates at speeds between 6,000 rpm and 10,000 rpm.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Dental Contra Angle Market
- Technological advancements is a major driver of the global dental contra angle market. Control panels for electric contra angle are becoming more automated, allowing the operator to use preset buttons to dial in an RPM for a specific procedure. For instance, most polishing procedures should be performed at lower RPM to minimize heat generation. Polishing of composite materials can be accomplished efficiently at speeds of 6,000 RPM to 8,000 RPM. Ceramic polishing is generally done in the range of 12,000 RPM to 15,000 RPM. These advancements are expected to fuel the growth of the global dental contra angle market.
- Risks of burn or overheating during the dental procedure using contra angle is one of the major concerns among patients and practitioners. This acts as a restraint of the global dental contra angle market. However, technologically advanced contra angles are equipped with water and air, and are capable of reducing the heat during the dental procedure.
- Advancements in contra angle design are expected to offer significant opportunities to manufacturers in the global dental contra angle market to design devices such as light source equipped contra angles
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Contra Angle Market
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global dental contra angle market during the forecast period. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 47.2% of adults aged 30 years and older have some form of periodontal disease. Moreover, periodontal diseases increase with age; 70.1% of adults 65 years and older have periodontal diseases. These factors are likely to drive the market in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Rise in awareness about dental hygiene and health among people in the region is expected to fuel the growth of the dental contra angle market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Dental Contra Angle Market
The global dental contra angle market is highly consolidated with the presence of small number of key players. These players hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global dental contra angle market include:
- Nakamura Dental MFG. Co., Ltd.
- Kaltenbach and Voigt GmbH
- W and H Dentalwerk Burmoos GmbH
- Anthogyr SAS
- Nakanishi, Inc.
- Sirona Dental
- Saeshin Precision Co., Ltd.
- Sirona Dental Systems GmbH
Global Dental Contra Angle Market: Research Scope
Global Dental Contra Angle Market: by Material Type
- Stainless Steel
- Titanium Alloy
Global Dental Contra Angle Market: by End-user
- Oral Hospitals
- Oral Clinics
- General Hospitals
Global Dental Contra Angle Market: by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!