Dental Burs Market: Introduction
- Dental burs are important tools for nearly every dental treatment and procedure. It is a vital tool for cutting, grinding, and removing hard and soft tissues and are designed to attach to the rotary dental handpiece for fast and efficient dental work.
- Based on build type, the two most common types of dental bur are tungsten carbide burs and diamond burs. Dental burs are available in different shapes, blade configurations, and head angles to suit various procedures. It is important that each dental bur be carefully selected as per the task and the clinician’s preference.
- The cutting property of a bur varies with the positioning and the degree of angle of the blades. More obtuse angles produce a negative rake angle, which increases the strength and longevity of the bur. More acute angles produce a positive rake angle, which offers a sharper blade for quicker cutting, but also gets dull sooner.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Dental Burs Market
- Rise in awareness about dental hygiene due to various initiatives by government and prominent market players is anticipated to propel the global dental burs market. Moreover, several companies associated with dental hygiene, such as Colgate, conduct dental hygiene awareness campaigns across various dental clinics for free. Hence, initiatives by government and private companies are expected to contribute to the growth of the global market.
- Increase in expenditure on renewal of burs made of stainless steel due to wear and tear acts as a restraint of the global dental burs market
- Continuous investment in research & development of dental burs by the leading players with strong portfolio is expected to fuel the growth of the market in the next few years. Low entry barriers present significant opportunities to new players in the market. This has resulted in the entry of several domestic and small players in the market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Dental Burs Market
- North America is projected to account for the largest share of the global dental burs market during the forecast period. Unhealthy lifestyle and food habits have led to increase in dental issues among the people, which is likely to contribute to the growth of the dental burs market in the region. Initiatives by governments to spread dental health awareness among people is projected to accelerate the growth of the market in North America. In the U.S., the American Dental Association sponsors the National Children’s Dental Health Month during February to spread awareness among children and their parents about the importance of dental health. These factors are anticipated to propel the market in North America.
- Europe is expected to account for significant market share during the forecast period. This is due to favorable health care policies by the government in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Dental Burs Market
The global dental burs market is highly consolidated, with the presence of small number of key players. These players hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global dental burs market are:
- Kerr Corporation
- Midmark Corporation
- Dentsply Sirona
- American Orthodontics
- Medical Precision Implants S.A.
- MIS Implants Technologies Ltd.
- Aceton, Inc.
Global Dental Burs Market, by Material Type
- Carbide Burs
- Diamond Burs
- Stainless Steel Burs
- Ceramic Burs
Global Dental Burs Market, by Application
- Oral Surgery
- Cavity Preparation
Global Dental Burs Market, by End-user
- Oral Hospitals
- Oral Clinics
- General Hospitals
Global Dental Burs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.