Decorative Glass Market
Decorative Glass Market (Product Type: Single Glass and Laminated Glass; Application: Partitions, Stairs, Wall Cladding, Windows, and Others; and End Use: Residential and Commercial) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
High Demand from Residential and Commercial Sector to Aid Market Growth
Over the past decade, architectural and interior designing trends have evolved at a rapid pace due to which, the functionality of glass as building materials has changed drastically. In the current scenario, the adoption of architectural glass has witnessed considerable growth, and it has emerged as one of the core materials that is largely popular among designers and architects. Technological advancements have played an imperative role in improving the sturdiness and durability of architectural glasses, such as decorative glass due to which, the demand for decorative glass has witnessed exponential growth over the past few years. This factor is expected to propel the decorative glass market during the assessment period.
Increasing emphasis on modernization by governments especially of developing regions, surge in the number of smart cities and smart home projects, and advancements in technology are some of the major factors fueling the demand for decorative glass. In addition, various advantages offered by decorative glass, in terms of security and privacy continue to play a key role in boosting the sales of decorative glass worldwide.
At the back of these factors and increasing investments toward innovations, the global decorative glass market is projected to cross a market value of US$ 8.7 Bn by the end of 2030. Decorative glasses are increasingly being used in residential as well as commercial properties around the world, and as per the current observations, the trend is expected to gain further momentum during the forecast period. Market players are increasingly focusing on offering customized decorative glass products to their customers to gain a competitive edge in the current decorative glass market landscape.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Decorative Glass Market
Research and Development Paves Way for ‘Smart Glass’
Research and development activities coupled with advancements in technology are likely to play a pivotal role in boosting the overall demand for decorative glass in the upcoming years. While market players continue to gain a competitive edge over each other, in terms of pricing, innovations are primarily being driven by research and development activities. In addition, due to increasing demand for energy-efficiency, players operating in the current decorative glass market are increasingly focusing on introducing advanced or smart glass made from high-quality materials.
The frosted glass is one of the most popular decorative glass types used around the world. The demand for frosted glass is on the rise, as this decorative glass type offers the required privacy while simultaneously enhancing the aesthetics of interiors. In recent years, back-painted glass has garnered immense popularity across the decorative glass market, as it can be easily used in cabinets, shelves, wall panels, etc. User convenience and resistance to humidity offered by back-painted decorative glass are key factors expected to drive the sales of decorative glass in the upcoming years. Decorative glasses are increasingly being used at airports, shopping complexes, hospitals, shop fronts, etc.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Market Players Focus on Partnerships and Product Launches to Gain Advantage
Players operating in the current decorative glass market are increasingly focusing on expanding their product portfolio to gain a competitive edge in the current market landscape. For instance, in May 2020, Asahi India Glass Limited (AIS), India, announced the launch of a new range of decorative and high-performance decorative architectural glass that can be primarily used in both, interior as well as exterior applications. While product launch and innovation is expected to gain momentum, market players are likely to forge strategic partnerships to gain advantage. For instance, Bendheim Collections entered a partnership with Kova to launch a new range of decorative glass textiles.
Demand and Production Drop amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The onset of the novel COVID-19 pandemic is anticipated to have a strong impact on the overall growth of the decorative glass market in 2020. The demand for decorative glass is expected to drop in 2020, due to the closure or delays in several construction projects as a result of stringent lockdown restrictions in different regions. The sluggish demand from the construction sector is projected to have a negative impact on the overall growth of the global decorative glass market in 2020.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Decorative Glass Market
The global decorative glass market is expected to grow at a moderate CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. The market growth is primarily driven by rising investments in the construction sector, increase in the number of construction projects worldwide, focus on innovations, and entry of new manufacturing technologies. In addition, the growing adoption of decorative glass across residential and commercial sectors is expected to have a positive impact on the global decorative glass market during the forecast period.
Decorative Glass Market: Overview
- Decorative glass is extensively used in residential and commercial buildings, as they provide beauty, light, privacy, and space to interior or exterior of buildings. Decorative glass is a versatile and sustainable material that opens up a wide range of opportunities for artistic expression. It enables designers to bring their vision to life with architectural and interior design features that also meet a variety of functional and sustainability requirements. Decorative glass is used in various residential and commercial buildings in doors, stairways, handrails, desks, tables, and walls. Furniture made of glass are also classified as decorative glass, as are shelves and floors made of glass.
- Laminated glass is a type of security glass manufactured by sandwiching a layer of plastic between two sheets of glass. The process of laminating dichroic film, custom graphics, or solid color specialty films between two liters of glass is a highly popular method, as it provides additional strength, safety, acoustic control, and esthetic appeal to the glass.
- Single glass has a smooth and durable surface to provide a supreme surface finish. It is suitable for usage in a wide range of domestic and commercial applications, including kitchen & bathroom splashbacks, furniture, kitchen cupboards, doors, displays & balustrades, and windows.
- Rise in demand for decorative glass in the building & construction Industry is a major factor estimated to drive the global decorative glass market during the forecast period. Construction activities in North America have increased significantly in the past few years. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the U.S. Government spent US$ 1,369.2 Bn on overall construction activities in January 2020, exhibiting a 1.8% rise from US$ 1,345.5 Bn in December 2019.
- Countries of Asia Pacific, such as China and Japan are also investing significantly in building and construction activities. The overall investment in real estate in China has increased by 6% since 2015 to more than US$ 1.8 Trn in 2018. Investment has been focused on residential buildings, with investment in energy efficiency rising to US$ 26 Bn in 2018, up by 33% from that in 2015.
- Increase in demand for decorative glass in back-painted glass applications is another key factor expected to drive the market. Back-painted glass products offer an easy way to create a modern effect, as well as enhance space and light of interiors. They provide trendsetting, glossy, and satin-finish colors that provide a contemporary look. Back-painted glass products are strong, safe, and highly resistant to heat, thermal shock, and ultraviolet light, proving to be suitable for usage in interior and exterior applications.
Single Glass to Drive Demand for Decorative Glass
- In terms of product type, single glass was the major segment with more than 60% share of the global decorative glass market in 2019. It is estimated to continue its dominance in the global decorative glass market between 2020 and 2030.
Rise in Demand for Decorative Glass for Windows
- In terms of application, windows was the leading segment with more than 25% share of the global decorative glass market in 2019. It is projected to continue its dominance between 2020 and 2030.
- Rapid growth in the building & construction industry is a key driver of the decorative glass market. Of late, window manufacturers have been implementing decorative glass in their products. These designs can be paired with certain styles of framing and different frame colors to achieve a desired look. They are durable and available in different textures and colors.
Rise in Demand for Decorative Glass in Residential Sector
- In terms of end use, residential was the leading segment with more than 60% share of the global decorative glass market in 2019. It is projected to continue its dominance between 2020 and 2030.
- Decorative glass is often used to cut down on heat and glare, filter out external noise, increase natural lighting, provide security, or improve the décor. It is used in various residential applications, including doors, windows, partitions, shelves, cabinets, staircases, and balconies.
Asia Pacific to Lead Decorative Glass Market
- In terms of volume, Asia Pacific constituted prominent share of the global decorative glass market in 2019
- The decorative glass market in Asia Pacific is estimated to continue to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. The region held more than 50% share of the global decorative glass market in 2019. Demand for decorative glass is high in Asia Pacific, particularly in China, owing to increase in consumption of decorative glass products in residential and commercial applications such as offices, malls, hotels & restaurants, and casinos in the region.
Decorative Glass Market: Competition Landscape
- Manufacturers are focusing on expanding their production capacities in order to meet the demand for decorative glass in various end-use industries in developed and developing countries
- Prominent players operating in the global decorative glass market are
- AGC Inc.
- Compagnie de Saint-Gobain SA
- Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd.
- SCHOTT AG
- Taiwan Glass Industry Corp.
- RSL Inc.
- Guardian Glass LLC
- ALUMCO LLC
- Qingdao REXI Industries Co., Ltd
- Glass Unlimited
- NAM HENG GLASS GROUP
- AVIC Sanxin Co., Ltd.
- Ginde Glass Co., LTD
- Noval Glass
Decorative Glass Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the global decorative glass market provides readers with an assessment of the landscape of the market with the help of a comprehensive outlook. This study on the global decorative glass market analyzes the market for the period from 2020 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year. The report enables readers to make important decisions regarding their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the global decorative glass market also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with competition analysis. The report also provides understanding of drivers, restraints, opportunities, and market trends.
Key Questions Answered in Decorative Glass Market Report
- How much revenue is the global decorative glass market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which region currently accounts for the maximum share of the decorative glass market?
- What are the factors anticipated to drive the global decorative glass market during the forecast period?
- Which region is likely to be highly lucrative for decorative glass during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key stakeholders of the global decorative glass market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the global decorative glass market?
This report answers these questions about the global decorative glass market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making correct decisions and strategizing for expansion of their business.
Decorative Glass Market – Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global decorative glass market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the global decorative glass market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the global decorative glass market arrived at predictions and estimations and calculated the market forecast.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the global decorative glass market by using bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the global decorative glass market, along with an overview of the market, is provided on the basis of a careful examination of growth opportunities. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global decorative glass market is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Decorative Glass Market – Segmentation
This report on the global decorative glass market segments the market based on product type, application, end use, and region.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and the impact of various factors that are driving the global decorative glass market, along with their influence on growth of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis and value chain analysis of the global decorative glass market in order to elaborate on crucial growth strategies of players operating in the regional market.
Others (including Furniture
Others (including Airports)