Decorative Glass Market: High Yield Strength, Chemical, and Scratch Resistance
- Decorative glass is a glass used for functional purposes. It is particularly designed to enhance the esthetic appeal.
- It is also known as figured glass or patterned glass. Decorative glass is a translucent glass with pattern on one side of the glass sheet.
- It is manufactured the same way as float glass is manufactured, except that the glass ribbon passes through two rollers. One of the sides is embossed, and design from the embossed roller is pressed on the still soft glass ribbon.
- The color and design of glass can be changed, by changing roller from time-to-time. Decorative glass possesses the average thickness of 3.0 mm to 10.0 mm.
- Etched glass, colored/coated glass, patterned glass, digital printed glass, and laminated decorative glass are various types of decorative glass available in the market. Patterned glass is mostly used for partitions and interior cabins
- Colored decorative glasses are available in various colors such as blue, green, amber, bronze, and gray. Patterned glasses are primarily double glazed and used as insulated glasses. Laminated decorative glasses are double and triple glazed, and are also known as vacuum insulated glasses.
- Decorative glass can be used in residential, health care, commercial, and hospitality sectors. Decorative glass is used for bathroom glass, windows, doors, and others in the residential sector. It is used for partitions, entrance doors, and windows in the health care sector. It is used in malls, shops and display glasses, and entrances in the commercial sector.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Decorative Glass market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Decorative Glass market
- The global decorative glass market is driven by the growth in the building & construction industry. Rise in demand for decorative glass in malls, showrooms, and doors and windows is driving the decorative glass market.
- Demand for decorative glass varies according to the geography, lifestyle, culture, climate, and the level of economic development. Increase in available sizes is also driving the decorative glass market.
- Rise in demand for black-painted glass for wall cladding and backsplashes applications is expected to boost the market during the forecast period. Additionally, increase in preference for satin-etched glass with varied features such as high gloss and smooth surface for commercial and residential applications (including shower enclosures, table and counter tops, and glass inserts for doors) is estimated to fuel the market significantly during the forecast period.
New Architectural Designs Likely to Provide Lucrative Opportunities
- Increase in demand for new architectural designs is encouraging architects and designers to invest in decorative glass for their architectural projects. This is expected to create opportunities for decorative glass manufacturers.
- Rise in demand for decorative glass with digital ceramic printing via dip-technology is likely to provide lucrative opportunities to manufacturers of decorative glass present in the market
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Decorative Glass market here
High Import Cost Likely to Restrain Market
- Decorative glasses are imported, especially from companies in North America. This significantly increases the inventory level or dealing with longer lead times and neither of the option is attractive for dealers and end-users.
- Limited supply and high import cost are some of the other factors likely to restrain the market during the forecast period
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Leading Share of Global Decorative Glass Market
In terms of region, the global decorative glass market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in developing countries such as China, Japan, and India is estimated to expand at a significant pace in the near future, due to the growth in the building & construction industry in these countries.
- Rise in construction activities in developing economies such as India, Vietnam, and Indonesia is likely to create lucrative opportunities for decorative glass manufacturers. Increase in demand for patterned glass for bathroom windows, cabinet doors, patio furniture, etc., is estimated to propel the market during the forecast period.
- The market in North America is likely to expand during the forecast period, owing to the high demand for window glazing in the U.S. and Canada. The U.S. is the major producer and consumer of decorative glass in North America.
- The market in Europe is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. However, rise in construction activities in Eastern Europe, due to improving economy and increasing residential construction, is likely to boost the market in the region.
- The decorative glass market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period. High dependency on import and high raw material cost are likely to restrain the market in these regions. However, rise in number of commercial construction in the UAE and residential construction in Mexico, Brazil, etc., is expected to fuel the market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Players in Decorative Glass Market:
Key players have been focusing on increasing sales by distributing their products through effective distribution channels such as retail/wholesale stores and e-commerce websites.
Key players operating in the global decorative glass market include:
- Saint-Gobain S.A.
- Solar Innovations
- Bayer AG
- Promax Glass
- M&M Glass Company LLC
- AGC Inc.
- NSG Pilkington
- Vitro Architectural Glass
- Guardian Industries
- SCHOTT AG
- Hartung Glass Industries
- Therma-Tru Corp.
- Fuso Glass India Pvt. Ltd
- Decorative Glass
- Binswanger Glass
- Piramal Glass Private Limited
Global Decorative Glass Market: Research Scope
Global Decorative Glass Market, by Type
- Etched Glass
- Patterned Glass
- Colored/ Coated Glass
- Digital Print Glass
- Laminated Decorative Glass
Global Decorative Glass Market, by Application
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.