DC/DC Switching Regulator Market - Introduction
DC/DC switching regulator offers an electronic power supply that effectively connects the switching controller to transform electrical power. Like other power supplies, the switching mode power supply transmits energy from AC or DC source to DC charges when converting voltage features. In most portable devices, DC/DC switching regulators are commonly used. They produce separate controlled supply voltages within the same system board effectively for distinct sub-blocks. A typical system board can readily contain a lot of switching converters for any mobile device. High-efficiency DC/DC switching controller ICs produce less heat, consume less power and require less board room than other alternatives, allowing more robust operation and longer battery life. To move energy from input to output, switching regulator circuits use a power switch, an inducer, and a diode. DC/DC switching regulators not only regulate the supply, they also retain isolation between distinct blocks that share the same supply.
DC/DC Switching Regulator Market – Competitive Landscape
- In February 2019, Diodes Incorporated launched a new AP6320x DC-DC power converter capable of lowering voltage from a power source by using high-speed switching circuits, inductors, condensers and resistors without the need to dissipate big quantities of energy.
- In June 2019, Powerbox introduced three new series of 15-W, 20-W, and 30-W board mount DC/DC Switching Regulator for various medical applications. The modules ensure operator and patient safety and protection in medical applications.
- In March 2019, Murata introduced the "IRS-Q12" brick DC-DC converter series incorporating sophisticated installation methods, 2250Vdc insulation with a fundamental insulation system, and industry-leading effectiveness with high reliability, safety characteristics, and optional packaging.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure here
Founded in 1892, Texas Instruments is headquartered in New York, the U.S. General Electric Co. manufactures and supplies LED lighting fixtures, lighting systems and lighting controls for residential, commercial, and professional lighting applications.
Incorporated in 1876, Ericsson is based in Sweden is networking and telecommunication company that offers services, software and infrastructure in information and communications technology for telecommunications operators, mobile and fixed broadband, operations and business support services, traditional telecommunications and Internet Protocol (IP) networking equipment and cable television.
Established in 1930, Texas Instruments American technology business designs and manufactures semiconductors and multiple integrated circuits that it sells to designers and suppliers of electronics worldwide. The main focus of the business is the development of analog chips and embedded processors.
Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd
Founded in 1944, Murata Co. Ltd. is an electronic component manufacturer in Japan. The firm mainly engages in the manufacture of ceramic passive electronic components, mainly condensers.
Some of the significant players in the DC/DC switching regulator market are Analog Devices, ON Semiconductor, Microchip Technology, Panasonic, STMicroelectronics, Maxim, Linear Technology and ROHM.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
DC/DC Switching Regulator Market - Dynamics
Growing acceptance of automation-enabled electronic components and rising need for increased power conversion efficiency
Growing acceptance of automation-enabled electronic components in different sectors and growing adoption of home appliances are two key factors that have a beneficial effect on the global power supply market for switching mode. Moreover, steady public initiatives to encourage the manufacture of green cars are anticipated to increase the development of green cars. The benefits of increased power conversion efficiency and design flexibility help make switching regulators the ideal solution for addressing various end markets ranging from robust automotive to space-constrained consumer apps. The market growth rate in the predicted era is not spectacular, the market is likely to expand in the coming years owing to evolving power supply apps in the worldwide switching mode power supply market. However, it is not possible to switch off DC/DC Switching Regulator when there is no load, which is a restriction on the market. Since DC/DC Switching Regulator cannot be turned off when not in use, heat generation is caused, resulting in extra thermal stress. This, in turn, increases component energy resistance and leads to energy loss and decreased system efficiency.
DC/DC Switching Regulator Market – Segmentation
The DC/DC switching regulator market can be segmented based on:
- Product Type
- Sales Channel
- Output Number
- Input Voltage
Global DC/DC Switching Regulator Market, By Product Type
Global DC/DC Switching Regulator Market, By Sales Channel
Global DC/DC Switching Regulator Market, By Application
- Server, Storage & Network
- Aerospace & Defense
Global DC/DC Switching Regulator Market, By Output Number
- Single Output
- Dual Output
- Three Output
Global DC/DC Switching Regulator Market, By Input Voltage
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.