DC-DC Light Dimmer Market: Introduction
- A DC-DC light dimmer is essentially a converter that can be used in conjunction with the majority of available CFLs. It can be used in a wall mountable housing, similar to a conventional dimmer. Light dimmers can help improve comfort of the space as well as reduce energy consumption, as it enables the users to adjust ambient illumination levels. Furthermore, they can have a simple manually operated knob or a remote control.
- The three types of dimmers are toggles, rotaries, and touch-sensitive, which are available in a variety of colors. DC-DC light dimmers are also called light controllers, LED controllers, and LED dimmers, as they can be employed with different types of lights. Furthermore, development of intelligent lighting systems for sustainability and wellbeing is also fueling the market.
Expansion of infrastructure building activities in developing regions
- Investments for building activities has been increasing in regions such as Asia Pacific, primarily in China and India. This is triggering the demand for smart devices. Furthermore, the development of smart cities and modernization in developing countries is also fueling the market.
- Favorable government policies for the support of energy-efficient lighting drive the demand for smart lights. This, in turn, is boosting the DC-DC light dimmers market.
Rise in penetration of Internet of Things and connected lighting systems
- Demand for internet of things technology for the design of smart, sustainable as well as connected lighting systems has been increasing for the last decade. This has increased the adoption of dimmers and controllers among end-users. Furthermore, increase in demand from commercial space owners to remain updated with the latest lighting technology is further fueling the DC-DC light dimmers market.
- However, lack of awareness about the advantages and costs associated with the technology are likely to hamper the market
Market in Asia Pacific to expand significantly
- In terms of region, the global DC-DC light dimmer market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The DC-DC light dimmer market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period
- This expansion is attributed to a wide range of applications, growing technological advancements, and increasing investments in construction activities by developing economies such as India and China. Thus, these factors are expected to fuel the demand for DC-DC light dimmers.
- The DC-DC light dimmer market in North America and Europe is expected to expand considerably due to increasing competition among players in the region. The market in Middle East & Africa is likely to expand at a sluggish pace.
Key Players in the Global Market
The global DC-DC light dimmer market is highly fragmented as large number of manufacturers are present. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on product launch and technological developments to cater to the rising demand.
Key players operating in the global DC-DC light dimmer market include:
- Schneider Electric, Inc.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- On Semiconductor
- Infineon Technologies
Global DC-DC Light Dimmer Market: Research Scope
Global DC-DC Light Dimmer Market, by Connectivity
Global DC-DC Light Dimmer Market, by End-use Industry
Global DC-DC Light Dimmer Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!